For the manga lovers -- bad news.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
Manga publishers have changed their stance on online scanlations, they don't like it anymore, like they really don't like it.

So, the more official sites will be shutting down, OneManga especially.

You know what this means; back to the days of risking viruses by braving the slummier manga sites and downloading stuff that can only claim to be manga...I do not look forward to this.
If they crack down hard enough even those might be hit.

On the plus side, hopefully the manga industries may rev back up again. It'll be worth it if I can get more frequent updates (come on D. Gray Man, become weekly again! *crosses fingers*).
Still, the delay between Japan and the U.S. is frustrating to say the least, I'm like...months ahead of anything on the US shelves. And the US shelves are so small too, I don't even think they have Witch Hunter in America yet, that is gonna piss me off. (Although, WH is a manwha, maybe the Koreans don't care yet.)
I'm just not quite willing to learn Nihongo and travel to Japan to read it when the chapters come out in serials...yet.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, noez!!!11!11!!one one one!!11!1eleventy-one!1!! Publishers are threatening to exercise their rights and inconvenience the rest of the world!

Last edited:

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
Buy the stuff legally and you don't have to worry about visiting slummier sites and perhaps getting a virus.

And here's a hint - buying the stuff legally, you actually support the industry instead of the pirates...

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
And here's a hint - buying the stuff legally, you actually support the industry instead of the pirates...
Did you maybe not read my whole post? I am very well aware of that.

Doesn't change the fact that I'm going to be disappointed. The US can only get them in tankōbon format, so the wait time is even longer because we have to wait for a certain number of chapters to accumulate.

Publishers are threatening to exercise their rights and inconvenience the rest of the world!
The point is that they didn't feel the need to before.
More than anything this is just to see what's really causing the decline in sales, if it's actually just the free scanlations, or something else. Although more than likely it is.
The problem is that darn ink and international shipment, drives the price up here in the US, I can buy a whole series for less than five tankōbon volumes in some cases.

Last edited: