• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for YA beta swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senora Verde

Teacher by day, YA writer by night
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for a beta reader for my YA urban fantasy novel. (query-type blurb below)

I'd love to return the favor. I'm an 11th grade English teacher and I read a lot of YA, mainly urban fantasy.

PM me if interested and hopefully we can swap our first chapters to see if it's something that will work for both of us.

Thanks!

When she was a kid, Alex wielded an amazing power, performing miracles like making it snow in summer and curing her best-friend, Derek, of his heart condition. But her ability comes with a price—she forgets everything each time she uses it.

As a teen, Alex can’t remember her power or most of her childhood. When an accidental brush of Derek’s hand gives her a glimpse into the past, Alex knows she’s forgotten more than kids’ games. She’s determined to uncover the secrets of her magical childhood, especially since her forgotten gift is the one thing that will save her hot new boyfriend, Jason, from his curse.

Derek holds the key to her memory, but the more she remembers, the sicker he becomes. Derek jeopardizes his health, hoping Alex will remember her feelings for him.

With no past and a power everyone wants a piece of, Alex must decide who to trust, who to love, and who to save.

REMEMBERING THE NIGHTINGALES is a 65,000-word young adult urban fantasy novel about a girl who must remember what it means to be a child in order to become a woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.