Derogatory names (may offend some) - Mod warning: Strong language/Parental Guidance recommended!

elppirc0

Registered
Reaction score
I’m writing a comedy that kind of pits the two genders against each other. There’s unfortunately many derogatory names for women that we all know because they’re used so much, so I want to level the playing field.

I need some suggestions for names a woman might call a man. Is there any? If you can’t think of any, feel free to make some up. Preferably something funny in a vulgar sort of way.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
"Is there any?" You're kidding, right?

There are a lot, but I'm not really at ease posting them here on this board where 13-year-old kids are more than welcome.

How about you contact veinglory or ELMontague for the password for the NC-17 Erotica Discussion section of the Writing Erotica board? Once you have it, re-post your question. There people can share the many sexually derogatory names which a woman might call a man--without incurring the wrath of Mac.

Maryn, who had a small handful leap to mind

Verbal

Suspicious of Bunnies
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emperorsofbedlam.com
"Is there any?" You're kidding, right?

There are a lot, but I'm not really at ease posting them here on this board where 13-year-old kids are more than welcome.

How about you contact veinglory or ELMontague for the password for the NC-17 Erotica Discussion section of the Writing Erotica board? Once you have it, re-post your question. There people can share the many sexually derogatory names which a woman might call a man--without incurring the wrath of Mac.

Maryn, who had a small handful leap to mind

Bet the 13 year old kids could teach us ALL some...

elppirc0

Registered
Reaction score
And I welcome their suggestions, Maryn.

Last edited by a moderator:

clockwork

In the zone...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
redzonefilm.net
Appropriateness aside, this isn't really a screenwriting question so I'm punting it to Story Research for the time being. It'll then be up to Cath and Shwebb as to whether they're comfortable with the thread there. If not, we can always go ahead with Maryn's perfectly reasonable suggestion.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
Mac constantly asks us to dial it down for the kids sake, so if you're looking for slightly vulgar, you're better off in a password protected forum.

In my experience, Maryn's only aspirations here has only ever been to help people become better writers. Your comment is dead off

Cath

The mean one
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blog.cathsmith.net
Hey guys - I've posted a strong language/ adult guidance warning in the thread title. Language of any kind is a powerful thing, and should be used advisedly, but I trust the folks on this board to use their common sense. Don't let me down - k?

If you're concerned about posting strong language in the thread you could PM your comments to the OP - just remember to preface the PM with a note that you're replying to this thread!

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And I welcome their suggestions, Maryn, who has moderator aspirations.
Maryn's been around here longer than most of us, and she's earned our great respect, admiration and love. She'd be a good exemplar for the relatively new poster, particularly when it comes to how one treats others here.

I think Maryn and Wayne have already said what needs to be said.

Last edited:

Layne

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I’m writing a comedy that kind of pits the two genders against each other. There’s unfortunately many derogatory names for women that we all know because they’re used so much, so I want to level the playing field.

I need some suggestions for names a woman might call a man. Is there any? If you can’t think of any, feel free to make some up. Preferably something funny in a vulgar sort of way.

I'm nice to my man. My list of insulting names is small. "Shit", "Shithead" and "Ass". Hmm. I see a trend. :D :D
Of course, I may not be the best person to respond in this thread, my insults are almost always said in good nature. :p

If you want people to respond with really cutting vocab, perhaps you should request they PM you. :)

elppirc0

Registered
Reaction score
Maryn's been around here longer than most of us, and she's earned our great respect, admiration and love. She'd be a good exemplar for the relatively new poster, particularly when it comes to how one treats others here.
I was poking fun at her quirky, sometimes sarcastic sign off lines, as a way to subtlety tell her, I thought she was being too sensitive. Reading it back now, it didn’t really come off that way.

I apologize, Maryn, if you took offense or if I hurt your feelings in any way. It wasn’t my intention to disrespect you.

I’m sorry.

mgoblue101415

Existentialist
Registered
Reaction score
Some of the more mild ones...

Piece of shit
Scumbag
Dickhead
Pencil dick
Neanderthal
Bastard

I'll PM you some harsher ones.

I guess having a mouth like a truck driver is actually good for something occasionally. :p

Last edited:

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
(Interestingly enough, and for the sake of those keeping track of AW trivia, Maryn has turned me down flat more times than any other member, when approached about modding.)

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
{Maryn wasn't sure if it was bragging or foolishness to announce that. She thought it wiser to open the wine early.}

Maryn, clueless

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
To the question in the OP, I'm not sure how this would come across with a woman saying it, but when I was 13 the biggest insult to a guy was a five-letter synonym for a kitty cat.

And no doubt Maryn has done The Responsible Thing when it comes to her wine. I'm sure no mod on AW has EVER modded while drinking.

StephanieFox

Maybull the Bulldog
Registered
Reaction score
You can get away with saying anything if you say it in Yiddish.

Mamzer (bastard)
Schmuck (means a mean, bad person but literally means penis.)
Schvantzkop (dickhead)

and hundreds more.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
In one of my gender classes in college, we did an experiment where the TA drew a line down the middle of the board. On one side, he asked us to write insults directed at men; on the other, insults directed a women. We were not to hold back with language.

When the experiment was over, it was clear that the worst insults to men were those that undercut masculinity and implied feminism; the worst insults to women were always sexual and implied promiscuity.

RobinGBrown

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dogstarphotography.com

imsleepy

Registered
Reaction score
I would recommend going to an extreme feminist website or blog. The kind where they call all men rapists, and you're likely to find some gems in there.

RJK

Sheriff Bullwinkle the Poet says:
Registered
Reaction score
Hell, just watch a couple of episodes of Two and a half men. You should get a book's worth of insults.