PDA

View Full Version : Things to try

jilly61
07-21-2010, 07:38 PM
Inspired by Susan's Zumba aerobics I got to thinking about things I'd like to try.

Top of the list for me would be learning to
Ski
Drive

What things do you want to try or have you tried?

kaitiepaige17
07-21-2010, 07:41 PM
Well I'm going to Six Flags in Georgia next week and I'm going to man up and do the Skyhawk. It's basically like free falling off a ten-story building, because all you have hooked to you is a rope. I'm going to be TERRIFIED but I want the bragging rights that goes along with it :P

jilly61
07-21-2010, 07:44 PM
Good luck. You've earned those bragging rights!

kaitiepaige17
07-21-2010, 07:46 PM
Haha thanks! Super excited :P

I've also always wanted to learn to surf and ski. Of course, living in this part of TN doesn't exactly give the opportunity lol

kayleamay
07-21-2010, 08:05 PM
I like to ski and would love to learn to surf, but you guys can keep all of that free falling stuff to yourselves! Ugh...just thinking about that makes my palms sweat.

The thing I want to do most is take a year and travel all over the globe. Unfortunately, this takes time and money and I don't have either right now. Sad fact: I've never been off this continent. I made plans twice and both times a family emergency kept me from going.

kaitiepaige17
07-21-2010, 08:08 PM
I like to ski and would love to learn to surf, but you guys can keep all of that free falling stuff to yourselves! Ugh...just thinking about that makes my palms sweat.

The thing I want to do most is take a year and travel all over the globe. Unfortunately, this takes time and money and I don't have either right now. Sad fact: I've never been off this continent. I made plans twice and both times a family emergency kept me from going.

I would love to travel. I'm probably going to get married in Mexico, so that'll be my first excursion. I want to go to Italy and France too, Australia maybe. Probably won't happen though.

kayleamay
07-21-2010, 08:15 PM
I would love to travel. I'm probably going to get married in Mexico, so that'll be my first excursion. I want to go to Italy and France too, Australia maybe. Probably won't happen though.

You're young and free. Do it soon!

I always thought it was ironic how when I was young I had the time and freedom but I didn't have the money. Then I got older (married, job, kids, etc.) and I had the money but never had the time or freedom.

I have big retirement plans. :)

kaitiepaige17
07-21-2010, 08:22 PM
You're young and free. Do it soon!

I always thought it was ironic how when I was young I had the time and freedom but I didn't have the money. Then I got older (married, job, kids, etc.) and I had the money but never had the time or freedom.

Lol that's always how it goes! That's why my fiance and I are going to wait awhile to have kids. Get all the fun stuff out of the way before then :P

jilly61
07-21-2010, 09:20 PM

We plan to move to Spain when we retire. I hope that still happens.

aadams73
07-21-2010, 10:21 PM
There are many things I want to try, places I want to go, but one of my more ambitious "wants" is this place:

El Camino del Rey (http://www.andalucia.com/antequera/chorro/home.htm)

If the book I've currently got on submission sells, I'm so going. Alone. Because all my friends are sissies.

jilly61
07-21-2010, 11:29 PM
Great video. I can see why you might be on your own there, though :)

Maryn
07-22-2010, 12:51 AM
I'd like to take a ride in a hot air balloon. My area has a balloon festival annually, but everyone I'd like to go with flat out refuses, and it wouldn't be as much fun alone, I'm sure.

I'm not much of a traveler, but I'd like to visit Ireland. We talk about renting a house for a few months in different parts of the world when we retire, living like the locals rather than like Americans on a vacation. I doubt we'll have the means to do it, though.

I'd like to walk the entire Erie Canal. I've walked on my little part of it more than enough miles to cover the whole thing, but having to carry what I'd need for the night is pretty daunting.

Maryn, who travels light

rhymegirl
07-22-2010, 03:28 AM
I'd like to try a lot of things. I've led a very sheltered life.

Yeshanu
07-22-2010, 06:24 AM
I'd like to take a ride in a hot air balloon. My area has a balloon festival annually, but everyone I'd like to go with flat out refuses, and it wouldn't be as much fun alone, I'm sure.

You're on! We have an outfit up here that gives balloon rides (http://www.sundanceballoons.com/balloon-rides/ontario/kitchener-waterloo.cfm), and it's on my to-do list someday when I have the money. :D

I also decided when I saw the movie Get Smart that parachuting would be a really neat thing to do.

I'm also another one of those who would like to travel more--I've never slept outside of Canada (that will change in October :D), and have spent significant time outside of Ontario three times in my life that I can remember. (I was taken out west as an infant, but I don't count that because I can't remember it.) I'd like to go down to the East Coast again, and I'd like to go visit poetinahat. :tongue

jilly61
07-22-2010, 11:52 AM
The hot air balloon sounds fun. That's another one added to my to try list.

Maryn
07-22-2010, 05:31 PM
So let's all go together. Can we get one in primary colors, please? They look like the most fun.

Maryn, who has slept in Canada

Libbie
07-22-2010, 05:42 PM
I'm going to take fencing lessons as soon as I have the money. A friend has been taking fencing lessons for a few weeks and she makes it sound so fun!

MoonWriter
07-22-2010, 08:47 PM
Hot air balloons? Parachuting? Amusement park rides that drop you from the height of a 10-story building? Do y'all have a death wish?

And aadams, that video should come with a warning ... nealy made me sick. Being 50,000 feet up a sheer cliff on a six inch path (with parts of it missing!) isn't my idea of a good time. IT'S HELL. Three rungs up a step ladder is high enough for me. When I venture up to the 4th rung, I can't help but brag. :)

scarletpeaches
07-22-2010, 08:50 PM
I'd like to drink a glass of water while having a pee.

robeiae
07-22-2010, 08:55 PM
I'd like to try a little tenderness. I've heard good things.

scarletpeaches
07-22-2010, 08:56 PM
I'd like to try a little tenderness. I've heard good things.I know you get weary. Sometimes Robovowels, he gets weary.

Yeshanu
07-22-2010, 08:56 PM
So let's all go together. Can we get one in primary colors, please? They look like the most fun.

Maryn, who has slept in Canada

They come in all colours up here. :) Yes, there are lots in primary colours. It's quite a sight to see a whole flight of them over the highway, which happens quite often in the summer.

DeleyanLee
07-22-2010, 08:57 PM
Stay off of AW for more than five minutes and get something else done?

Nah. That's way too hard.

kayleamay
07-22-2010, 09:07 PM
Hot air balloons? Parachuting? Amusement park rides that drop you from the height of a 10-story building? Do y'all have a death wish?

And aadams, that video should come with a warning ... nealy made me sick. Being 50,000 feet up a sheer cliff on a six inch path (with parts of it missing!) isn't my idea of a good time. IT'S HELL. Three rungs up a step ladder is high enough for me. When I venture up to the 4th rung, I can't help but brag. :)

SECONDED!

I'd like to drink a glass of water while having a pee.

I did that on my last vacation. It's not as fun as it sounds.

robeiae
07-22-2010, 09:23 PM
I know you get weary. Sometimes Robovowels, he gets weary.Yes. 'Cause of all the stress.

S.J.
07-22-2010, 10:03 PM
Hike to Machu Picchu; attempt some fancy meals.

Lavern08
07-22-2010, 11:22 PM
I'd like to teach the world to sing,
In perfect harmony...

What? :Shrug:

jilly61
07-23-2010, 12:30 PM

And aadams, that video should come with a warning ... nealy made me sick. Being 50,000 feet up a sheer cliff on a six inch path (with parts of it missing!) isn't my idea of a good time.

It's not the existing gaps that worry me, it's the ones waiting to happen!