What do You Like to Do Besides Write?

Susan Coffin

Tell it like it Is
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.strokingthepen.com
Right now, I'm on my way to take a Zumba class at the gym. I've never taken this class before, but I'm guessing it will be fun. I needed a nice little break in my 15 miles per week running schedule.

I love to read, read, read!! Anything I can get my hands on.

Knitting is fun too.

I'm also into watching the original version of Dark Shadows via Netflix. Almost through the series, though.

I would love to know what you guys like to do on you "off-writing" time. Please share.

Last edited:

MissMacchiato

Bring on the Sweet, Sweet Coffee
Registered
Reaction score
Another vote for knitting. I like listening to audio books, watching trashy rom-com movies, reading, walking... I enjoy skiing too, or perhaps more accurately, running around in the snow, making snow angels, and drinking vast amounts of spiked hot chocolate :D

Guardian

just the worst honestly
Registered
Reaction score
I play games, watch TV, sing to my dog, eat, browse LJ for internet drama, play more games, sing to my dog, listen to music, watch Doctor Who, do my velociraptor dance, say, "UUUNNNNIIIIIICORRRNN!!" no less than 6x, go on AW chat, sing to my dogglepuff, check for spiders, scream because there is a spider, complain because there is no food, drink lots of tea, draw pictures of unicorns, go on Twitter, say "I love my dog" at least 12x, realize at about 11pm that it's late and I should go to bed but I wasted my day and I need to write, go to bed at about 2am, get on my laptop and write while on AW chat, finally get off because I'm super tired, shut everything off and play with my itouch for a while, do 3 rounds of impossible sudoku, quiz myself on French, find a spider and now I can't sleep, grab my laptop again and try to do something to distract myself, listen to the annoying birds at 4am, finally pass out from exhaustion, wake up at 2pm feeling like a loser

L.J.

Registered
Reaction score
Ban people, then tell myself I'm going to quit for good this time, then five minutes later come back and do it again.

Guardian

just the worst honestly
Registered
Reaction score
bans Liza for... wait this is the wrong thread. Why are you confusing me?

L.J.

Registered
Reaction score
bans Guardian for being confused....oops

L.J.

Registered
Reaction score
I used to like to take road trips, but poverty kinda put a crimp in that. I like to walk. I love to travel down dirt roads and see old, abandoned houses.

I don't care for much tv, but I have recently started watching Criminal Minds.

EFCollins

World Class Rambler
Registered
Reaction score
Way out there in BFE, where no one can hear you sc
Website
efcollins.blogspot.com
I read a lot, play guitar a lot. I sing sometimes, but only if it's just me or me and the kids. I do lots of crafts and I love to cook and try new recipes. I exercise (it's addicting, I swear) and love roaming through the woods around my house. And I like to break shit. It's a habit I picked up while working as a dish washer at a franchise restaurant. Nothing quite as big a stress reliever as busting a dinner plate against a wall to vent frustrations. I even buy little cheap plates from the dollar store specifically for that purpose, if the need arises. It's great fun and gets rid of a lot of stress.

I use the broken plate bits in tile crafts, so it all works out. No wasted money, see? :)

Duchessmary

Where I want to be
Registered
Reaction score
I like to cross stitch, but my next project is knocking my socks off! EEEK. It's huge, with 10,000 details. I love to read, but my problem is that I read so fast that I'm twiddling my thumbs way too soon. Cooking is fun when I'm not too tired.

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
When not writing or reading, I love to fish. Sometimes just by myself, but mostly with the kids or other friends. It is always relaxing, even when I get skunked...

Susan Coffin

Tell it like it Is
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.strokingthepen.com
Play Chess.

Screw.

Generally, I end up doing a great deal more of the former.

Oh dear, there is always one in the crowd!!

I think I played chess once when I was a kid. Checkers is more my style!

Oh, I forgot, the family game since I was a kid is Yahtzee. My 94 year old grandfather told me a few months ago that he used to like playing Yahtzee but doesn't like it anymore.

And, Zumba tonight- my gosh was that fun!

Susan Coffin

Tell it like it Is
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.strokingthepen.com
Another vote for knitting. I like listening to audio books, watching trashy rom-com movies, reading, walking... I enjoy skiing too, or perhaps more accurately, running around in the snow, making snow angels, and drinking vast amounts of spiked hot chocolate :D

I LOVE to knit!! Back in the 70's when I was in junior high and high school, I knitted all my sweater. Well, about a year or two ago, I picked it back up after about 25 some odd years of not picking up a knitting needle. However, I still have the knitting needles my neighbor gave me (who taught me how to knit) when I was 13.

MissMacchiato

Bring on the Sweet, Sweet Coffee
Registered
Reaction score
I LOVE to knit!! Back in the 70's when I was in junior high and high school, I knitted all my sweater. Well, about a year or two ago, I picked it back up after about 25 some odd years of not picking up a knitting needle. However, I still have the knitting needles my neighbor gave me (who taught me how to knit) when I was 13.

if you're not already a member, you should check out www.ravelry.com.

It's awesome, especially for patterns!

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
"I collect spores, molds, and fungus."

Oh, wait . . . this isn't the movie quote thread. Hmm.
In that case, I collect bugs. Spiders mostly. Though I would like to try my hand at raising slime mold.

I like to do crafts with my kids.
Take care of my critters.
Draw.
I do a monthly cartoon for a small online zine.
Play in the snow.
Hike.
Fishing.
Horse back riding.
Occasionally paint.
Very occasionally cross stitch.
Camping.
Rock hunting.
Fossil hunting.
Roller skate.
Snow mobile.
Collect dragons.
Fuss over my trees and try to get them to grow in this forsaken wasteland.
Recently I've discovered that chickens and ducks can be trained to come when you call them, especially if I have a handful of grasshoppers that were chomping on my roses.

I'm sure there's more, but that is all that comes to mind at the moment.