PDA

View Full Version : Coming home, I'm coming home, Max is coming home! :)

Maxinquaye
07-20-2010, 06:06 PM
I've been slowly going bonkers here in Sweden. I love the country to death, but it's just not very suited to my psychology. I'm fairly social, but the swedish idea of being social is to arrange a visit three weeks in advance, with correspondence going back and forth about it for a fortnight so that everyone has crossed the t's and dotted the i's.

It's what I grew up with, but I guess three years in London perverted me to the point of being incompatible.

Today I got a mail from a realtor in Reading, UK. I've been accepted as a tenant for a two room flat there. I won't get it until October 1st, but damn it I'm going 'home'.

/me does a little happy dance.

ETA: Now, if I could only get a reply on 'Council brats' and 'Love is the devil' my day would be complete.

Calla Lily
07-20-2010, 06:07 PM
Happy for you, Max!

regdog
07-20-2010, 06:18 PM
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l117/regdog/smiley-bounce017.gif

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l117/regdog/smiley-happy096.gif

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l117/regdog/poze.gif

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l117/regdog/emoticon-char-038.gif

Maxinquaye
07-20-2010, 06:25 PM
Thanks guys. I just need a job too now, then everything is fine. :)

AnonymousWriter
07-20-2010, 06:56 PM
Good news, Max!

Good luck on finding a job too. :)

Maxinquaye
07-20-2010, 07:26 PM
Yes, now I just need to appease Idiots because I've been dodging getting drunk with her several times by no-shows... Moving across europe, getting a job, and accepting I'll live in bloody Reading is probably dwarved by that challenge.

Shakesbear
07-20-2010, 09:13 PM
Hey! go you!

Good luck with the job hunt!

I know Reading. Wonder if it still has a reading room... Reading Reading Room. So confusing!

Phaeal
07-20-2010, 09:28 PM
Ah, I know that urge to go home. To the spiritual home, anyhow. I think I was made to play Masha in Three Sisters. ;)

Good luck with your next step!

stormie
07-20-2010, 10:25 PM
:hooray: I'm glad for you. :)

Mr Flibble
07-21-2010, 12:07 AM
So the drunken rampage is on? Excellent!

*makes plans*

Um, maybe not Reading. I know too many solicitors there. Actually that might be a good thing :D

Glad you're coming back to us Max.

Yes, now I just need to appease Idiots because I've been dodging getting drunk with her several times by no-shows... Moving across europe, getting a job, and accepting I'll live in bloody Reading is probably dwarved by that challenge. yes, yes it is. I shall find ways of making you pay. :D

Maxinquaye
07-21-2010, 12:25 AM
So the drunken rampage is on? Excellent!

*makes plans*

Um, maybe not Reading. I know too many solicitors there. Actually that might be a good thing :D

Glad you're coming back to us Max.

yes, yes it is. I shall find ways of making you pay. :D

Hey, it was always on. It's just that my logistical capacity has been seriously out of whack of late. Like getting a bloody North Sea between me and a decent pub.

I know next to nothing about Reddin', except it's in commuting distance to London, so I won't be locked out. And I always intended to come back.

Hell, I've been applying for jobs in bleeding Newcastle-upon-tyne (to seperate it from Newcastle-under-Lyme that I nearly applied for jobs in). :)

Mr Flibble
07-21-2010, 12:33 AM
Reading is, um, well...it's not as bad as Slough :D

Then again, not much is....

I'm sure you'll be fine. Good luck on the job front! What is it you do again?

Maxinquaye
07-21-2010, 01:19 AM
Reading is, um, well...it's not as bad as Slough :D

I feel so much better now. You've reassured me totally. :D

But no worries, I can be fabulous anywhere.

I'm sure you'll be fine. Good luck on the job front! What is it you do again?

I used to be a Editor/journalist/translator that covered the UK for a bunch of scandinavian magazines. I worked for a wire service doing that, a mini Reuters, sort of.

I figure I'll have to be a freelance journalist when I get back. I should have no problem infiltrating my old contact network and steal jobs and assignments. Though... I do prefer a steady paycheck each month, so it's not the optimal thing to do, particularly with the state of the news business now.

Mr Flibble
07-21-2010, 02:10 AM
I figure I'll have to be a freelance journalist when I get back.

Hey, apply to the News of the World, just make sure you know how to 'make your excuses and leave' ;)

I'll ask about for you - may not be what you usually do, but a job is a job right? I know a person or two in Reading who, like, employ people. Not crappy jobs either ( in fact for a writer they'd be a damn goldmine of ideas)

Maxinquaye
07-21-2010, 02:25 AM
Thanks. Can't be worse than trimming fish, which was how I set up in Norway when I lived there for a couple of years. Building up cashfunds and stuff. :P

ETA: And this....

Hey, apply to the News of the World, just make sure you know how to 'make your excuses and leave'

I'm still trying to decide between pistols at dawn or a really high bridge... :D