• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

I want to beta your sci-fi/fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otterella

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not looking for a quid pro quo, as I have nothing finished enough to beta right now. I just want to work on my editing skills, to help me hone my own writing. That, and I really want to read something new and different right now. My laptop is out for repair for the next week, and I really can't write on this machine, so I want to get some reading done.

Last edited:

Otterella

Registered
Reaction score
I suppose having a big fat typo in the thread title is not a glowing recommendation for my editing abilities. That's what I get for posting from my iPhone.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I suppose having a big fat typo in the thread title is not a glowing recommendation for my editing abilities. That's what I get for posting from my iPhone.
It's not a big deal. We've all done that at one time or another.

I mentioned in a rep comment yesterday how you can fix it, though you may not have seen my comments.

Simply go to your original post, select Edit and Advanced, then scroll to the title and fix the typo.

Good luck with your beta search.

ETA: Oops. Looks like someone already fixed it for you. :)

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Suggestion: there are several SYW stories posted from the recent Secret Santa challenge if you want to go through those.

('cause, well, my story from that is all I would have in need of beta-ing at the moment, and I'm working on critting the others. :) )

Dakota Moss

Registered
Reaction score
Want to beta a work in progress, and I promise to beta your work when you get the chance to work on it. I have nothing available but it's fantasy, epic battles and such.

Just reading material more than anything else I suppose, like a new chapter every three-four days.

Interested send me a private message, and I promise I'll be consistent, and if you enjoy the first chapter then I doubt you would ever want to stop reading it. It's going to be some hot material, burning with good grammar and glistening with the sweat of torturing plot line. It be so mouth watering it be like "oh my god", and the kind of pixie dust that makes the best fiction of the world.

And that goes for you too grandma!

Last edited:

cgreutman

Registered
Reaction score
I have a fantasy that's finished at 80,000 words. I'd love to have someone who is not a part of my family read through it. Maybe that way I can get an unbiased opinion;).

Let me know if you would like to read it.

Thanks!

SF4-EVER

Sleep-Deprived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ulbrichalmazan.blogspot.com
I need another beta reader for a science fiction novel. It's 88,000 words. I consider it almost ready to send out, but I'd like someone else's opinion on that. I'm also willing to review your work when it's ready. If you're interested, PM me.

Jazzy Waltz

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
I have an urban fantasy novel I'm working on... it's not sci-fi, but feel free to PM me if you're interested in taking a look.

Otterella

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not ignoring anyone on purpose, I promise. As soon as I'm done with the beta I'm currently working on, I'll PM you, first come first serve. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.