Looking for interviewees of those touched by murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raida

Registered
Reaction score
Website
findingraida.blogspot.com
Looking for interviewees who've known a murder victim.

Hi all,

I'm working on an article for a correspondence writing course that I'm taking (and hopefully will end up looking to query out eventually).

I'd like to hear from anyone who's known someone who's been murdered but not someone who was close to you. I may not be explaining this very well - let me tell you my story.

I was friends with a girl in my teenage years but as time passed we'd lost touch. The next time I saw her was about 9 years later from the front page of the newspaper - she'd been murdered. This is the type of situation that I'm looking for.

My questions may seem crass but please know that they are not meant with any disrespect to you or the deceased. If you can be of any help with this here are the initial questions that I have for you:

- How were they murdered?
- How long has it been since they were murdered?
- Who were they to you?
- How did you find out?
- How did you react?
- Has your perspective on spirituality, life or day to day living changed due to this?
- How did it effect your life at the time?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. You can contact me at [email protected]

Thank you.

Last edited:

johnnysannie

Banned
Reaction score
Website
leeannsontheimermurphywriterauthor.blogspot.com
I was going to e-mail you but it didn't work. I'll give you a brief rundown and if you want/need more, PM me here.

I had a former mentor who was murdered when he opened the door and was fatally shot. This happened three or four years ago. He had worked at the radio station where I went to work after college but left just before I joined the crew. However, as a beginning advertising copywriter, I used his material as guidelines for what to do and to get to know some of the clients. Later, he came by the station to visit and we met. We became nominal friends and I considered him a mentor.

I found out on a local newscast. I was horrified and shocked. It rattled me to think that someone I knew had opened his door to someone who then shot him to death. At the time of his death, he was a minister. The man who shot him was a troubled individual who snapped. No one, including the killer's family, had any idea why he picked this man.

I don't know that it changed my outlook or perspective. I grew up in a fairly rough inner city neighborhood so I learned about harsh realities early in life. At the time, I felt shook up for several days and very, very sad.

Raida

Registered
Reaction score
Website
findingraida.blogspot.com
Hi johnnysannie,

Thank you so much for your reply. I don't know why the link to my email addy isn't working (it won't work for me either) but thank you for letting me know.

I'm sending you a PM now.

*** If anyone else has this problem please don't hesitate to reply here, PM me or email me through the site.

threedogpeople

This is my BEST side!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
threedogpeople.blogspot.com
One of my cousins was murdered. He had been a very, very troubled person. He was shot dead in a motel room. He and the other guy had been drinking and doing drugs for hours, they got into an argument and someone pulled a gun.

I found out from my mom, there was a police inquiry but that was the end of it.

anabellatrix

Couldn't get link to work

Hi there i also have a story to tell, well actually I have a couple of stories but I'll tell you the most recent one. I have a really close friend who I've benn best mates with for fifteen years. We haven't always seen a lot of each other due to me staying in our one horse town while she travelled the world working for a shipping company. Anyway about 4 years ago she came home met a wonderful man and stayed here with him setting up home and promptly falling pregnant. I didn't get to meet him as I was busy with my life and six months into their relationship I was visiting my mother in law when her neighbour asked me if I knew the lad who had been murdered just around the corner in the woods at the edge of our town. When she told me his name and that he had been shot in the head and chest execution style I was speechless to realise it was my friends fiance.
I've rambled to long now but if I can be of help let me know and I'll tell you the rest of the tragic story.
My email is [email protected]
Thanks.

ScottAJohnson

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.americanhorrorwriter.net
I don't know if this'll help at all, but I grew up with two murderers, one of which got his Eagle Scout badge the same time I did. If you'd like perspective from that point of view, please let me know.

Valkyrie1

Registered
Reaction score
A Sad Story

Last year, a neighbor who lived downstairs was murdered by a jealous ex-boyfriend of some girl he was dating. I found out about it on the news.

He was just a kid, maybe 20 years old. It was his first apartment, his first taste of real independence. I found this out later when I talked to his sisters and grandfather, who came by to pick up his possessions.

Somehow, the boyfriend got into his ex-girlfriend's apartment in Manhattan and caught my neighbor and the girl together. He was a huge beast, a real Neanderthal. He picked my neighbor up and threw him out of a window. Then, he shot the girlriend, who survived. An absolute sociopath.

I cannot express the horror and revulsion I felt. A young man with his life ahead of him dying that way. What went through his mind when he realized that he was going to die? Did he know that he was part of a love triangle? I don't know. All I know is that he had a baby face and looked so self-important when he drove his little car to work.

I remember that his grandfather was a tough old man who held up the whole time they cleared out his grandson's place. I wonder why the boy's father was not there and if the old man stayed strong once the shock was over.

The fragility of life was a constant thought after that. How quickly it all goes when your time is up.

For a while, I felt creepy living in a house that had once housed a murder victim. I no longer live there, but I sometimes think of the boy and the old man.

stace001

Look into my eyes
Registered
Reaction score
My life was touched my murder just last year. When i was growing up, our neighbours and my family were extremely close. The mother of the family became a sort of surrogate to me as my mother worked very long hours. We eventually moved away but stayed in touch. A few phone calls each year, christmas cards, birthday cards. She divorced her then-husband, remarried and had a beautiful little girl. Last year, after what i suspect was a long battle with depression, she snapped and stabbed her little girl to death during an arguement. The little girl was nine years old. I learned of it from a friend who saw it on the news, recognised her name and called me. I cried for three days. I've since spoken to the mother, who is in a psychiatric hospital, and has completely dissociated from the entire experience, and it still breaks my heart.

Kim Gogo

Lady of the North
Registered
Reaction score
I have two stories, if you want to email me. I just PM'd you on another matter, and included my email.

kim

Status
Not open for further replies.