PDA

View Full Version : Where to send a Short fiction story?

linfred4
07-16-2010, 12:58 AM
Hi, everyone

I was about to send my fiction story to Eaton Literary Agency,lnc but was advice against it because of the reviews.

So, what I am asking where can I send it?
It's for YA and the lenght of it is 2,806.
I no i can just google and find places but I am new at this and well really don't want the wrong person to get it.

Thanks, for your time.

CACTUSWENDY
07-16-2010, 01:18 AM
A good place to keep in your bookmarks....is....Duotrope's Digest. It's got all kinds of mags and such that have different lengths of stories. Best wishes with your work.

linfred4
07-16-2010, 01:29 AM
Thank you very much.
Have a great evening :)

CaoPaux
07-16-2010, 02:09 AM
To be clear: for short fiction, you query markets directly. You do not need an agent, and "legit" agents aren't interested in short fiction anyway (unless it's part of a collection and you're an established author and/or client).

Jamesaritchie
07-16-2010, 09:35 PM
Agents don't handle individual short stories. You need to find magazines that publish short stories of the type you write, and submit directly to them.

Ken
07-16-2010, 09:53 PM
... along with the age bracket, YA, it'd also be good to determine the genre. If it's an outdoor adventure story then that would narrow the markets and give you a better idea of where to send it: to Boy's Life for instance.

linfred4
07-19-2010, 10:23 PM
Nice, thanks everyone.

I have just sent my story off to Alfred Hitchcock Magazine.
I thought I would let you guys know.
CaoPaux, I also have another story that is a collection so this is great to hear. Thanks again.