Murder on the Orient Express (2010)

DavidZahir

Malkavian Primogen
Registered
Reaction score
Website
undeadwhispers.yuku.com
This was just broadcast on PBS--David Suchet again performing as Hercule Poirot. He is also doing a remake of a previously filmed Poirot case. Other such have included The ABC Murders and Death on the Nile as well as Evil Under The Sun.

Now--Murder on the Orient Express. Arguably the most famous of Poirot's cases. This time the cast is not star-studded. Interestingly, at least two cast-members are veterans of Doctor Who, who played "versions" of the Doctor.

Jessica Chastain performed in the role which in the 1974 film was played by Vanessa Redgrave. She was magnificent. I was recently reminded that she was cast as Carolyn in the 2004 pilot of Dark Shadows for the WB. Now I'm upset all over again, seeing her performance.

Anybody else see it?

I wrote a review on my blog.

Last edited:

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If you're in the US you can view the full movie on the PBS website. I'm not sure whether it's viewable or not overseas on the PBS site.

There is also a one-hour special with David Suchet about the Orient Express that is also available at the PBS website. I sort of enjoyed it more than the new film version of the book.

Michiru

Registered
Reaction score
I thought it was brilliant, one of the best Poirot stories they've ever produced. His struggle with himself was as interesting as the mystery.