PDA

View Full Version : How do you beat/circumvent catch-22 of book advertisement?

LOG
07-12-2010, 10:02 AM
Example: The Hunter's Moon by O.R. Melling, it would have been a much better reading experience if I hadn't read the summary, but if I hadn't read the summary, I would never have read it.
Irritation...

friendlyhobo
07-12-2010, 11:48 AM
Read a book summary, buy the book, find the amnesia inducing coconut from Gilligan's Island, hit yourself over the head with it, wake to find a book in your hand, read the book, enjoy it.
It's a lot of work, I know, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Mac H.
07-12-2010, 01:20 PM
Example: The Hunter's Moon by O.R. Melling, it would have been a much better reading experience if I hadn't read the summary, but if I hadn't read the summary, I would never have read it.
Irritation...Outsource.

For a low price of only $50 a day I'll read book summaries for you, and then recommend books for you.

Think of it as an investment.

Mac

NicoleMD
07-12-2010, 05:07 PM
This is one of the reasons I love having a bad memory. I can also rewatch my favorite movies and it's almost like it's the first time because I forget what happens. :)

Nicole

Michael Davis
07-16-2010, 01:48 AM
Its simple to say and hard to do, BUT, if you write the Blurb/summary well, you will feed interest without giving away too much. How do ya do it? One word of advice I suggest in critics with other writers is to "Whisper, don't scream". Every notice how when someone whispers, you generally can't get the total picture, just enough so you want more.

If ya'd like an example, go to Davisstories.com and click on any of the book covers. It will take you to a blurb/excerpt page. Don't read the excerpts because that whispers a little louder, but excerpts are generally now on a cover.

Just my TCW.

Jamesaritchie
07-16-2010, 01:52 AM
Irritation...

First time I've encountered this problem. I love the synopsis telling me about the story. They excite me, make me want to read the book, and never interfere with the pleasure of reading it.