Started the after-holiday week off with a rejection!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
What a way to start the day. I got a rejection from The Dabbling Mom on a reprint! They only pay $5 on reprints, but my article got the no-go. Oh, well, I'll send it somewhere else. Much good luck with all your subs.

Susie

Registered
Reaction score
Awww, thanks so much, Anne. You're so nice and it's most appreciated! Hope you get lots of acceptances and big bucks. Sure appreciate the encouragement.

Anastacia

Milk Maker
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah better luck next time. They rejected something I wrote about a year ago so you're not alone.

Were they at least nice about it? Because the rejection letter they sent was very kind.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Wear it like a badge, girl! And go get the next one! Good luck. A rejection means your submitting. You're already winning!

Susie

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Most appreciated! I think it was just the usual form letter. Much good luck to you all.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
holiday reject

Don't feel bad my agent rejected my second project and so did my editor. Now that's a blow. though. I'm going to hit my agent up again. I'm not going down that easy.

Susie

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks much, writerterri. Gee, sure sorry you had that, but good for you that you'll try again. Hope it works out great for you!

dabblingmum

Registered
Reaction score
Don't Feel Bad

I just got a Google Alert on this thread and wanted to say, "Don't feel bad about the rejection". It was nothing personal. I don't recall your specific reprint, but sometimes rejections are simply because the piece didn't fit or the timing was off and had nothing whatsoever to do with writing skills.

Just so you know, I still get rejections, too. I may be an editor of a paying publication but as a freelance writer, I get rejected all the time. It's the nature of the beast.

Rejections hurt but they make us stronger and the more you develop "thick skin" for the industry, the less it will hurt but it will always hurt. I think it hurts because writers put part of their soul into their work, even if it's a how to article about something that wasn't actually personal.

Also, we pay $5 to $10 for reprints and $20 to $40 on originals. I know it's not a lot but we are a free online publication who earns revenue from ads and it's our ads that pay the writers.

Have a blessed day.

Edited to say: I cannot believe it took Google this long to send me an alert on this thread!

seaaircarol

Frustrated Pluviophile
Registered
Reaction score
Hang in there, Suse! An acceptance is right around the corner.

Susie

Registered
Reaction score
I just got a Google Alert on this thread and wanted to say, "Don't feel bad about the rejection". It was nothing personal. I don't recall your specific reprint, but sometimes rejections are simply because the piece didn't fit or the timing was off and had nothing whatsoever to do with writing skills.

Just so you know, I still get rejections, too. I may be an editor of a paying publication but as a freelance writer, I get rejected all the time. It's the nature of the beast.

Rejections hurt but they make us stronger and the more you develop "thick skin" for the industry, the less it will hurt but it will always hurt. I think it hurts because writers put part of their soul into their work, even if it's a how to article about something that wasn't actually personal.

Also, we pay $5 to $10 for reprints and $20 to $40 on originals. I know it's not a lot but we are a free online publication who earns revenue from ads and it's our ads that pay the writers.

Have a blessed day.

Edited to say: I cannot believe it took Google this long to send me an alert on this thread!

Thanks so much, The Dabbling Mum. I did get an acceptance for a reprint article of mine recently with your publication, so it's most appreciated. That's wonderful of you to take the time to write and the payment is appreciated. Hope you get acceptances too. That is a long time for Google. :) Have a blessed day also.

Thank you very much, everyone. It's most appreciated!

Greenwolf103

I'm a grrrl dog, yo
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
dmcwriter.tripod.com
Closing thread

OK, gang. I'm going to close this thread as the rejection was 3 years old and it seems some confusion is popping up here.

Susie, congrats on getting accepted the next time around! :Hug2:

TDM, you are awesome for sharing such a personal and honest response to this rejection thread. I, too, am astounded Google Alerts took this long. I used to be on the rejecting end, too, so I can understand the need to explain why something gets rejected from time to time.

We out!

Status
Not open for further replies.