PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Out of a Secure Facility

Sam M
07-11-2010, 04:31 PM
Okay, here's the jist:

I have a team of soldiers trapped inside a bio-safety laboratory in an underground base. They're in the the BSL-1 section, closed behind two doors. One leads to the BSL-2 labs, the other back to the "safe zone". The control console for the door leading to the safe zone has been smashed. The one leading to the BSL-2 section requires a fingerprint and retinal scan. None of the soldiers are registered. The doors are made of 100mm-thick bullet-resistant glass. The facility is designed to house the worst biological and chemical agents known to man -- "hot agents", for which there are no known cures. Therefore, the doors can withstand a barrage of bullets and the soldiers have a limited supply and no explosive devices.

To make matters worse, the CDC agent with the soldiers has discovered that trace amounts of the nerve gas "Novichok" has been released into their area. This particular agent is the most deadly nerve gas on the planet, able to, over time, pervade the chemical protection suits the soldiers and the CDC agent are wearing. They have about fifty minutes before it breaks down the protective seal on their suits and kills them.

I've got my guys into the worst possible situation. Problem now is: I can't, for the life of me, figure out how the hell I'm going to get them out. Can someone help me brainstorm a few ideas; see if it gives me an idea?

Thank you.

Bing Z
07-11-2010, 05:47 PM
Nerve gas and the other deadly chemicals are not solvent. There is an access to underground drainage or waterway. The access gateway has to be opened/controlled from another chamber. Getting there will expose oneself to the deadly gas. That means at least one of them must sacrifice for the rest. Is it the nice geek, the lovely blonde, the born leader, the douchebag, or the AI squirrel?

RJK
07-11-2010, 09:26 PM
Are the soldiers supposed to be in the facility? Is anyone monitoring access to the lab? If so, someone could flood the chamber with a neutralizing gas, then open the exit door for the men. If the soldiers aren't supposed to be in the lab, they must have left a rear guard behind, That person could open the exit door from the outside.

Drachen Jager
07-12-2010, 01:59 AM
In the real world fingerprint scanners are easily fooled by competent people. An episode of Mythbusters took on fingerprint scanners, they found that a variety of tricks worked. The simplest one, which fooled even the most advanced machine which checked for skin conductivity and heart-beat (so that rubber fingerprint casts wouldn't work) was actually fooled by a photocopy of the registered user's fingerprint which was licked and stuck on Adam's finger before he went to use the machine. AFAIK retinal scans are equally unreliable.

Look the episode up on YouTube for some good reference.

Paul
07-12-2010, 02:05 AM
In the real world fingerprint scanners are easily fooled by competent people. An episode of Mythbusters took on fingerprint scanners, they found that a variety of tricks worked. The simplest one, which fooled even the most advanced machine which checked for skin conductivity and heart-beat (so that rubber fingerprint casts wouldn't work) was actually fooled by a photocopy of the registered user's fingerprint which was licked and stuck on Adam's finger before he went to use the machine. AFAIK retinal scans are equally unreliable.

Look the episode up on YouTube for some good reference.

Yes, the new rectal scans are the way forward.