PDA

View Full Version : Vampires Suck (the movie)

LOG
07-09-2010, 09:43 AM
Best movie idea I've seen in the past three months. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHkPJ1ACLrg&feature=pyv&ad=5281781376&kw=vampires%20suck)

I can't wait.

They got David DeLuise, I loved him in Wizards of Waverly place.

Camilla Delvalle
07-09-2010, 03:23 PM
Yes, that made me laugh.

nitaworm
07-09-2010, 05:47 PM
I was cracking up when I saw the trailer. Oh my goodness this is so right on.

defyalllogic
07-09-2010, 05:58 PM
"why do you keep taking off your shirt?"
"My contract says i have to every ten minutes of screen time."

DavidZahir
07-09-2010, 06:21 PM
I hope this ends up as funny as the trailer suggests. IMHO most spoofs of this nature crash and burn, then sprout mold and sink into the earth leaving behind a stink. But this does look potentially funny.

linfred4
07-09-2010, 07:33 PM
lol, that is way too funny.

Zoombie
07-09-2010, 10:45 PM
Holy SHIT, a spoof that actually seems to understand what the meaning of the word "Spoof" is!

Awesome!

ceenindee
07-10-2010, 12:20 AM
Dude, this looks hilarious! I actually LOL'd. Thanks for sharing. :D

Grrarrgh
07-10-2010, 09:13 AM
That is fantastic. I want to see that movie!

MRevelle83
07-10-2010, 12:38 PM
I'm going to hold judgment on this. Especially since this movie is done by the guys who did Date Movie, Epic Movie, Disaster Movie, and Meet the Spartans.

But, still, we all have the ability to learn, so maybe those directors did after their other 'movies.' Plus Twilight is a hell of a lot easier to make fun of than most other targets.

Zoombie
07-10-2010, 01:00 PM
Oh GODDAMN IT!

Those guys wouldn't know how to write comedy if they were writing with clown pens.

K. Taylor
07-10-2010, 02:11 PM
Definite LOL.

ghost
07-10-2010, 04:33 PM
I'm so not a fan of spoof movies but that did make me laugh.

dragonjax
07-11-2010, 04:42 AM
That was gigglicious.

(Yes, I typed "gigglicious.")

CharmedMethod
07-12-2010, 07:02 PM
I love the Twilight series, and personally, I felt like it was an insult to the series and Stephenie Meyer herself when the trailer came out. I'm not gonna go see it, besides more parody movies are beginning to suck. Why can't we have parody movies like Scary Movie anymore??

ether
07-12-2010, 07:04 PM
I love parody movies, and this looks hilarious. I especially loved the "It's raining men" bit.

Also, looking at the casting on IMDB, I get the feeling it's going to parody things like The Vampire Diaries, too, just on a smaller scale.

LOG
07-12-2010, 07:46 PM
I love the Twilight series, and personally, I felt like it was an insult to the series and Stephenie Meyer herself when the trailer came out. I'm not gonna go see it, besides more parody movies are beginning to suck. Why can't we have parody movies like Scary Movie anymore??

So why isn't the stuff the Scary Movies parodied insulting to you?

robeiae
07-12-2010, 08:42 PM
Lol! The shovel is awesome!

ceenindee
07-13-2010, 02:20 AM

I'm a fan of the series as well, and strangely enough, I didn't find it insulting at all. In fact, I feel like it's going to end up being more for the fans than anyone. The non-fans who haven't read the books/seen the movies won't get/care about any of the jokes. I was cracking up.

Jess Haines
07-13-2010, 11:49 PM
I'm a fan of the series as well, and strangely enough, I didn't find it insulting at all. In fact, I feel like it's going to end up being more for the fans than anyone. The non-fans who haven't read the books/seen the movies won't get/care about any of the jokes. I was cracking up.

I wasn't a fan of the series, but I found the trailer hysterical. I can't wait to see this movie!

ceenindee
07-14-2010, 01:00 AM
^Well, you're in the writing world, so you probably know more about it than a lot of the nonfans I talk to. ;) They're just like...Edward Who? Jacob What-now? So they might not get some of the humor.

mellymel
07-14-2010, 02:14 AM
The trailer was, eh. I'm a fan of the Twilight movie series, but I LOVE a good spoof. This had some funny parts and some really lame ones. I loved Date Movie and all of the Scary Movies, but Meet the Spartans was just plain AWFUL!!! It was painfully NOT funny. I don't like corny funny. This movie looks like it could fall in that category, so I won't pay money to see it in a theater, but will probably check it out when it becomes available on Netflix.

Poetoffire
07-26-2010, 10:35 PM
Ehhh...there were about three clever jokes in there, and the rest of it was prop gags and random pop culture references. I'd love for a movie to parody Twilight in a way that takes apart the books, not use it for a vehicle of comedy action sequences and bad jokes. Love the idea, the actual execution isn't looking so good to me.

PoppysInARow
07-26-2010, 10:59 PM
Dear lord I have to see this movie.

I can never resist a good shovel gag.

LOG
07-27-2010, 05:53 AM
Great, you can go watch it first and let the rest of us know if it's worth spending money on :P

Satori1977
08-08-2010, 09:31 AM

This made me laugh. This is an insult to her? I won't even go there. Plus, not sure why it is ok to parody some movies, but not Twilight.

Not sure if I will see this movie, but the trailer cracks me up every time I see it.

AuburnAssassin
08-08-2010, 06:11 PM
I'll go see it because I'm silly enough to find something to enjoy in most parodies. Plus my sons also read the books and they really want to go see it.

Loved the Black Eyed Peas spiel.

YukonMike
08-12-2010, 06:20 AM
Ehhh...there were about three clever jokes in there, and the rest of it was prop gags and random pop culture references. I'd love for a movie to parody Twilight in a way that takes apart the books, not use it for a vehicle of comedy action sequences and bad jokes. Love the idea, the actual execution isn't looking so good to me.

Exactly.

kelloish
08-13-2010, 11:17 AM
Hehe, that was actually pretty funny and I generally hate movies that fall in to the category of "stupid funny".
Eerily well cast to mimic twilight movie stars tho. The "black eyed peas" and Bella/Becca (mannerisms, not looks) specifically.

Alitriona
08-13-2010, 06:04 PM
I'm really looking forward to this family. The name Sullen really suits. Normally I don't go for these movies but since I have a soft spot for Twilight I think I'll enjoy the in jokes.

ALLWritety
08-13-2010, 09:01 PM
HI

I have seen it! Those want to know how send me a pm!!

This kind of movie either you will laugh lots or think it "SUCKS". Yes pun intended as with the title!

For the record I have seen the Twilight movies and this and I actually pefer "Vampires Suck" I did find it funny but there were some lame jokes as well. I won't tell you any spoilers!! They did a great job mimicing the movies! The trailer doesn't show all the good bits like some movies & trailers, there are many more jokes in the movie. Funny or not you decide

I would give this movie 7.5 out of 10

This is just my opinion.

Kevvers

LOG
08-14-2010, 02:15 AM
How did you see it 5 days before it came out?

LOG
08-20-2010, 05:48 AM
Plenty of gags fall flat, but writer-directors Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer, due credit or blame for many recent spoofs ("Date Movie," "Epic Movie," etc.), have tapped the vein more effectively than their norm, with enjoyable details and on-the-mark senseless brutality. Even its slack pacing it often feels as if it's holding for laughs recalls its sources. -LA Times

Hardly a stellar review from them. But the words "on-the-mark senseless brutality" stir something in me...

third person
08-20-2010, 08:08 AM
Stephanie Meyer is probably being a good sport about this. Why? Cos she sleeps on a mattress stuffed with $500 bills, that's why.

On the topic of spoofs, however, the last good spoof was in my opinion Top Secret! starring Val Kilmer. Or really, any spoof from that era. These new-school ones rely too much on the dick jokes and "ewww gays are gross" jokes, and they just don't do it for me.

kuwisdelu
08-20-2010, 08:40 AM
Meh.

I don't like Twilight. I doubt I would like this either. All the jokes in the trailers seemed way too obvious.

It would be nice to see some intelligent parody and deconstruction movies.

LOG
08-22-2010, 09:31 AM
Subtle humor, bah humbug!
I like my humor blunt and in-my-face.

Have you seen the tv commercials lately? I love how unrepentant they are...

mario_c
08-22-2010, 09:54 AM
Buzz is it may hit number 1 at the box office this weekend. Friday estimate (http://boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/) shows it at number 2 but depending on how The Expendables keeps it up, it could come out on top.
(ETA nope - number 2. So I guess they tried harder? ;))

Personally, there will never be another Mel Brooks. But what do I know?

LOG
08-22-2010, 10:50 AM
I'm sure part of it is just a good deal of Twilight haters going...

Darzian
08-23-2010, 02:54 AM
I'd rate it 4/10. I thought it would be funny but much of it was.........lame. There were definitely funny moments but not enough to make it worth it.

TWErvin2
08-23-2010, 04:30 AM
I'd rate it 4/10. I thought it would be funny but much of it was.........lame. There were definitely funny moments but not enough to make it worth it.

That's too bad. Sounds like all of the good parts were in the trailer.