PDA

View Full Version : Other than Brains?

KellyAssauer
07-09-2010, 05:01 AM
A question for all those AW’ers who have a significant other,
have had a SO, wants one, or has had their fill?

Besides brains (which we all know the SO must have had) what odd quality still endears them to you? or might endear them, or did endear them? ( and yes of course they cared, do care, will care -- that’s still brains).

What else might it be?

IE: The thing I liked the most about an Ex (and the reason I thought of this) was the goofy way their eyes gave away every thing were feeling, long before they ever managed to put it to words.

What is it,
or was it,
or would you like it to be?

spamwarrior
07-09-2010, 05:06 AM
I love the way we can talk about random stuff. I love the way he laughs. I love the way he keeps peeking at me when we're in the same room. I love the way he smiles. I love that he's really awkward. I love that he's also kind of dumb. (His words, not mine)

backslashbaby
07-09-2010, 05:15 AM
There was something naive about the way he was the center of the universe, something childlike. It was powerful to watch him learn new things (which'll happen often if you're the center of the universe, you know).

Unfortunately, it's terribly selfish, too. Of course I should have seen coming what came ;) Too selfish for me!

Cranky
07-09-2010, 05:27 AM
Hmmm. The main thing that attracted me to my hubby (11 years today, actually!) aside from his dance moves *fans self* was this almost freakish confidence he possesses. And it's warranted, too. LOL He's like my polar opposite. I appreciate the sheer gutsy way he goes through life. He never second guesses himself, and cuts himself slack when he makes the rare mistake.

Also, he thinks I'm funny (in a good way), which is *golden*. It gives me warm fuzzies when he's cracking up over something I've said. :D It doesn't hurt that I still get tingly when he gives me The Look with those gorgeous baby blues.

MissMacchiato
07-09-2010, 05:31 AM
congrats Cranky!

I'm currently single, but I think a love of coffee would be a brilliant start. The last guy I dated thought chai latte was a coffee-based drink. I could have cried.

leahzero
07-09-2010, 05:35 AM
The fact that, despite having a confident, magnetic, devastatingly witty demeanor, he turns into a complete teddy bear when we cuddle. His affectionate nature even earned him a cutesy nickname from his family. But I won't type it here. :P

Magdalen
07-09-2010, 05:36 AM
A question for all those AW’ers
(snip)

what odd quality still endears them to you?

The way he can "mumble-speak" in a low and confidential tone. I first heard it when he would talk with his brother and now he does it with our son.

:LilLove:

spamwarrior
07-09-2010, 05:37 AM
Hmmm. The main thing that attracted me to my hubby (11 years today, actually!) aside from his dance moves *fans self* was this almost freakish confidence he possesses. And it's warranted, too. LOL He's like my polar opposite. I appreciate the sheer gutsy way he goes through life. He never second guesses himself, and cuts himself slack when he makes the rare mistake.

Also, he thinks I'm funny (in a good way), which is *golden*. It gives me warm fuzzies when he's cracking up over something I've said. :D It doesn't hurt that I still get tingly when he gives me The Look with those gorgeous baby blues.

Awww... :D This post gives me the warm fuzzies.

The guy I mentioned also cracks up at stuff I say. It makes me feel sooo good.

Wayne K
07-09-2010, 05:44 AM
She is better than I deserve. That pretty much nailed it down for me

kayleamay
07-09-2010, 05:53 AM
I'm cynical. He's trusting.
I'm direct. He's diplomatic.
I'm aging. His eyesight is fading.
I tell jokes. He laughs freely.
I like to write. He pretends to like to read.

But the characteristic that matches us up perfectly is that we have almost identical bullshit thresholds.

Jersey Chick
07-09-2010, 06:01 AM
No one has ever made me laugh like my husband does. And considering the kind of year we've had, laughter is a much needed commodity. He is the funniest person I've ever met.

He's also got cojones like no one else. I mean, I've seen him make people bend to his will in such a way that they thank him when it's all over. :)

And he's a big kid. A big, fuzzy kid. I tell people I have three kids and the oldest one supports me. :D

Paper & Pencil
07-09-2010, 04:06 PM
His laugh. Others find it annoying and odd (and too high-pitched), but it's got the power to make me start laughing even if I didn't find the joke funny.

He tends to be pretty clumsy, I've taken a few accidental elbows to the face and seen him splash half his drink down his face in the process of taking a sip. It's nice because as of late I've been tripping over my own feet walking on level ground and climbing stairs, keeps me from feeling uncomfortable when I do.

He is an archive of random and completely useless facts, capable of spouting one in the middle of an awkward moment and shift focus. I can't figure out where he's getting this stuff from.

For as big and upset as he normally looks (but he isn't), that changes completely when he's around small animals. Dogs especially, he warms up to and becomes all sweet and childlike.

sheadakota
07-09-2010, 04:46 PM
he is my calm in the center of a storm. I rarely see him get upset. But I fell in love with him the first time we went riding (horses) together. His horse was acting up, throwing his head, stomping and giving little rears- I have seen other people get rough when their horses act like this- my guy, simple got off, ran his hands over that horse and whipsered sweet nothings into his ear until he was calm, then he got back up and he had no problems the resr of the ride- amazing- he is like this with all animals-

seun
07-09-2010, 04:51 PM
Simple.

She is the light, the light of all lights.

Silent Rob
07-09-2010, 04:54 PM
She isn't a chav.

seun
07-09-2010, 05:01 PM
She isn't a chav.

Always a good start.

Haggis
07-09-2010, 05:19 PM
Four legs and a wet nose. :)

Lavern08
07-09-2010, 08:25 PM
Mr. Hunny and I are as different as night and day in almost every way, but we do agree on the following:

I am the most brilliant and gorgeous woman he's ever known! ;)

Odd/Lovable Characterictic?

He makes me laugh out loud a lot - Especially when he tries to dance or tell a joke.

He is a man of great integrity and he has a kind and generous heart. :Hug2:

Susie
07-09-2010, 08:28 PM
I luv the way Mr. Susie cooks me dinner. It's yummy! :D

spamwarrior
07-09-2010, 08:55 PM
The way he tries to sing is so awful, but it makes me laugh every time. Especially when he's singing about me. :D

Ol' Fashioned Girl
07-09-2010, 10:19 PM
He knows when to give me room to handle the latest crisis/kerfluffle/challenge... and when to be my rock. He knows when to take care of himself... and when to let me spoil him. He knows when I'm serious and when I'm just letting off steam.

Wait... I think I can distill this into a common theme:

He knows me... and loves me anyway.

Bookewyrme
07-09-2010, 10:34 PM
The fact that he thinks everything I do is adorable, and it makes him laugh and want to cuddle me every time. Even though it always makes me blush a little self-consciously (I didn't MEAN to say something funny, I was just making an observation!) I still love it. I also love his confidence and the ease with which he gets along with everyone. There's nothing worse than an embarrassingly contentious SO, but hubby is everyone's friendly acquaintance, even if he doesn't have much in common with them. :)

megoblocks
07-09-2010, 11:07 PM
Brains are overrated. When they have them, they want to talk. Just shut up, look pretty, and make me a sammich

/runs

aadams73
07-09-2010, 11:30 PM
My Significant Others have all had one wonderful trait in common: a pulse.

I just can't get next to dead guys; we never have anything to talk about. After I ask, "So, what's a guy like you doing in a morgue like this?" it's all downhill.

scarletpeaches
07-09-2010, 11:31 PM

I just can't get next to dead guys; we never have anything to talk about. After I ask, "So, what's a guy like you doing in a morgue like this?" it's all downhill.Explain Fred.

aadams73
07-09-2010, 11:36 PM
Explain Fred.

Fred's undead, baby. Fred's undead.

megoblocks
07-09-2010, 11:36 PM

I just can't get next to dead guys; we never have anything to talk about. After I ask, "So, what's a guy like you doing in a morgue like this?" it's all downhill.

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/attachments/world-affairs-board-pub/16414d1254694252-necro-thread-233170_main.jpg
Hawt!

Ol' Fashioned Girl
07-10-2010, 12:15 AM

So many inappropriate comments I could make... if only I weren't a mod...

KellyAssauer
07-10-2010, 12:56 AM
How'd that old saying go?
Something about a stiff man is hard,... no that ain't it.
Find a stiff that's a man,... noooo that aint it either.
Oh shucky darns, I just can't remember.
(wish I could,...)

:D

That's not really a quality though,
isn't it more of a 'condition'

wheelwriter
07-14-2010, 07:47 AM
Reason #238,987,456: He wonders out loud about things, and his musings are always really random. "I wonder if wild turkeys are bothered by blackberry thorns, or if the thorns just glide off their feathers..."

He's a keeper.

cray
07-14-2010, 06:29 PM
a spectacular rack.

shyne
07-14-2010, 07:01 PM
a spectacular rack.

Exceptional mammaries are always a plus

Alpha Echo
07-14-2010, 07:10 PM
I don't even know where to start - he knows every single thing about me, all the secrets I've ever kept from anyone else, even myself, and he still loves me.

I love it when he makes up silly songs.

I love that he does the cooking and grocery runs.

I love it when he's fishing and gets into a rhythm, doing something he loves.

I love it when he's in the garage, building things out of different types of wood.

I love that he drops everything without question for family - including mine.

I could truly keep going. Maybe I'll have to do a blog on this or something. This is a great thread, though. I love hearing about all these people in love!

milly
07-14-2010, 07:49 PM
That's not really a quality though,
isn't it more of a 'condition'

a stiff man is...a condition, not a "quality"?

;)

Devil Ledbetter
07-14-2010, 08:14 PM
He's a great conversationalist. The way I see it, marriage is just one long conversation so we're all set.

benbradley
07-14-2010, 09:01 PM
The trait must be goodness - I keep hearing women say "A good man is hard to find" or something similar using those words...