Multiple Queries

Little Rose

Registered
Reaction score
is is okay to send a query for my fiction novel to multiple agents within the same agency? in fact, is it okay to send multiple queries at all for this kind of work?

and while i'm asking questions (this is my first time doing all this) what size envelope do i send the query in? just your regular 4 1/8 x 9 1/2, or should i use a larger minila one?

scfirenice

professional multitasker
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not an agent but my extensive research indicates you should not query multiple agents in the same agency, you can send it to multiple agencies though. Research which agents within the agency represent similar stuff to yours and go for the one closest to what you need. Once one agent from that agency declines your work, you will not likely find one that will take it. Also use a #10 envelope to mail your query, it is ok to fold in thirds, make sure you enclose a number 10 SASE inside. folded sticky side away so it won't seal itself.
Good luck

brinkett

Elder Scrolls devotee
Registered
Reaction score
I think it's okay to query different agents at the same agency. Just don't query them at the same time.

Andrew Zack

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.zackcompany.com
I would not recommend querying multiple agents at the same agency. Query one at a time.

I have posted extensively on here how to put together a query submission, but probably the easiest thing to do is go to my website and read the guidelines there.

Andy

Little Rose

Registered
Reaction score
thanks everyone. i worked for a while and came up with this query. any critiques?

Dear (agent's name):

The longest war the world has ever witnessed is that between good and evil. Many have written of its perilous battles and heroic warriors, but a question few have ventured to contemplate is what exactly those good soldiers were fighting for. The Greatest of These ponders this and other questions about the strength of good while watching the destiny of a remote island in the Atlantic Ocean unfold. The inhabitants of this island have spent centuries waiting for Satan to incarnate himself so they can convert him and help bring peace to the world. Ultimately it is up to one unsuspecting teen named Rosalie to discover what it really means to do so.

Please consider representing my novel, The Greatest of These. It is a young adult novel with some religious and romantic aspects. Similar to The Giver by Lois Lowry, it has an underlying message for the reader to discover together with the characters. Along with that, The Greatest of These is a witty first novel that young adults will enjoy for its down to earth characters and thought-provoking plot. It is approximately 51,500 words long and would fit in well with your agency’s eclectic style.

It may also be of interest that this novel includes a soundtrack of songs sung by characters throughout the book. They are already published songs by a variety of well known artists ranging from Eric Clapton to Bon Jovi. With the songs together on a CD the reader will be able to listen while reading them in the novel. Permission to use any of the songs has not yet been attained.

I look forward to sending sample chapters from my completed manuscript for you to read. For your convenience, a SASE is included.

Kasey Mackenzie

One Hit Wonder?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kaseymackenzie.com
Little Rose:

The request for a query critique would probably be more appropriate in the Share Your Work Forum. There is a specific section for queries. You would probably get more responses if you posted this there.