My First Tattoo! (Kinda Writing Related)

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Hey hey all! :D

So, I was lying around in Brainy's house (yay for Canada!), and thought "It's about time I got that tattoo I was talking about done."

(Ok, not quite, but saying "after 6 months of being a wuss..." ain't so cool)

So here it is!

Tattoo.jpg

This was taken just after taking the covering off, so it's a little too shiny at the mo. It looks better in the flesh. ;)

(It's on my left arm, on the inside, about 4 inches below the wrist)

I had it done to commemorate both the release of my first book (see sig), and my first visit to Newfoundland.

So glad I finally got it done!

Whaddya think? :D

Last edited:

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks peeps! :D

The next one'll be done when Strand comes out in early '11 ;)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

CheekyWench

O.o
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elysabethwilliams.com
I love it, Adam! You are warned - they are addicting. :)

Yep.
(says Cheeky, about to do the same thing and get her 5th tattoo after the 1st release... and wondering if I can get one to commemorate all my books sold on a sleeve. teehehehehe)

Congrats! looks awesome! :D

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
... and wondering if I can get one to commemorate all my books sold on a sleeve. teehehehehe)

Hehe, me too. I'm hoping to figure out a way of incorporating them into one design. :)

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on popping your cherry. :D Prepare for several more.

I can't wait to have some money so I can get the 3 more I'm currently planning (in addition to the 4 I already have).

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Semi! :D

CheekyWench

O.o
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elysabethwilliams.com
Hehe, me too. I'm hoping to figure out a way of incorporating them into one design. :)

I'm just hoping to make them kind of represent what books they are. 1st one will be a thistle of some sort (for Scotland) the 2nd one is going to have a cog or something in it (steampunk) and so on...

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, mine are all going to be related. My first book was about a Grim Reaper, hence the scythe. ;)

MissMacchiato

Bring on the Sweet, Sweet Coffee
Registered
Reaction score
high five on the book release! I think that's an awesome reason to get a tattoo!

I've always wanted a stylised black rose on one wrist, but I probably won't ever get one - my day job is pretty conservative

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, mine are all going to be related. My first book was about a Grim Reaper, hence the scythe. ;)

Oooh, it's a scythe. Neat. I thought it was a funny broom. ;)

I'm tempted to nick the peachy one's idea, too, and get a book-related one someday. Did it hurt much having it done there? (I've always heard it hurts more closer to bones.)

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
I've always wanted a stylised black rose on one wrist, but I probably won't ever get one - my day job is pretty conservative

There's a waitress at my local sushi joint who has the most amazing lotus flower on her forearm. It's breathtakingly beautiful, almost like it was painted on in oil paints. I need to ask her who the artist was, just in case.

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, MissM! I love black roses. ;)

Reaction score

I'm tempted to nick the peachy one's idea, too, and get a book-related one someday. Did it hurt much having it done there? (I've always heard it hurts more closer to bones.)
Good to know my idea's proving so popular but if it becomes any more so I'll have to think of something more original in the body decoration department. Don't want anyone thinking I'm just copying someone else, do I?
There's a waitress at my local sushi joint who has the most amazing lotus flower on her forearm. It's breathtakingly beautiful, almost like it was painted on in oil paints. I need to ask her who the artist was, just in case.
I know of a guy who's covered in the most artistic ink, and pierced too. Face like a melted welly but you can't have everything.

MissMacchiato

Bring on the Sweet, Sweet Coffee
Registered
Reaction score
My first name is Rosie, so it makes sense, lol.

aadams73, my fear is always that I'd get a dodgy artist! I've seen some real horror stories online :D

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
People have been getting tattoos to commemorate important events since the invention of the tattoo. I hardly think the idea is original, Scarlet.

Last edited:

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
I know of a guy who's covered in the most artistic ink, and pierced too. Face like a melted welly but you can't have everything.

He's unfortunate, the poor man.

aadams73, my fear is always that I'd get a dodgy artist! I've seen some real horror stories online :D

Oh me, too! I love (and am horrified by) those ones with spelling errors.

ETA: The ms I've got on submission at the moment is based extremely loosely around the story of Pandora's Box, but I'm not sure I fancy either a box or a jar (as it's commonly depicted) printed on my body. So I guess I just need to write a cooler story. :D

Last edited:
Reaction score
He's unfortunate, the poor man.
Do you know what would be really cool? If he shaved the back of his head and got a face tattooed there.

Or...eyes inked onto his lids, so when he closed them...SPOOKY! :eek:

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Oh, I like it!

Never let her clean your house.

I don't have any body art but I've been tempted a couple of times. Just about everyone I work with has one (or fifteen), and they've all agreed that I should get a ink pot and quill. But I'm sure that's probably been done a lot by peeps who enjoy writing.

When I can come up with something that I think I'll still love in fifty years and still feels "me", I'll commit it to ink.

Reaction score
Epic!

Oh God; I just laughed so hard a little bit of wee came out.

This thread reminds me of the time I 'tattooed' a friend's face with biro spectacles, Victorian handlebar moustache and jailhouse stubble.

She couldn't get that shit off and had to walk along the road to the bus stop like that. I swear, I bust a ladynut laughing.