SP 1 - Fleshpeoples 0

Reaction score
Last night I did my shopping online for the first time ever and the delivery was made this afternoon. All groceries present and correct.

I think if I organised things well I could have my need to venture out of the house down to once or twice a week for only a few hours at a time.

Tomorrow is one of those days, thanks to some stupid law about paying your taxes, and I won't let the council loose on my bank account with any direct debit mandate, thank you very much.

I love the internet. It means I can kid myself I'm interacting with other like-minded people-haters, and I don't have to make any of that quaint 'conversation' nonsense or integrate into society, whatever that means.

Screw you, world!

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
I love fleshpeople; they sizzle when I sacrifice them to the literary gods.

*goes back to ignoring ringing cell phone*

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I had a breakthrough moment during a snowstorm last year when I realized, if it wasn't for that damn job of mine, I would never have to leave the house for anything. No standing in checkout lines. No listening to crying babies or arguing adults while I eat my dinner. No cashiers that can't make change. No need for clothes.

I dream of that life.

Deleted member 42

When you can't drive, being able to order heavy items to be delivered is fabulous. I used to have to buy bottled water, by the gallon, and there is no way I wanted to have to walk home carrying it all.

Reaction score
I can't drive, and my dad asked me to order in some bottled water for him, so we have more in common than I realised! :eek:

I just have to lug the bottles round to his house now but he only lives round the corner.

I own more pairs of pyjamas than I do pairs of jeans, which shows how often I get dressed and leave the house.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
I really don't mind going out at all, but I have to say I do like self-checkouts. I can scan and pack faster and more efficiently.

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Well, one of the jobs in the UK that hubs has applied for is on a racing yard in the middle of nowhere. The nearest village only has 57 houses, no shops, no pub :)Wha:), nothing, nada, zippo, zilch. I really hope he gets this job because I will certainly be availing myself of online shopping. :D

I can't think of anything nicer than living in a little cottage on a racing yard in the middle of the Chilterns AONB and have as little to do with fleshpeoples as possible. They make me grumpy, very very grumpy.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Last night I did my shopping online for the first time ever and the delivery was made this afternoon. All groceries present and correct.

I think if I organised things well I could have my need to venture out of the house down to once or twice a week for only a few hours at a time.

Tomorrow is one of those days, thanks to some stupid law about paying your taxes, and I won't let the council loose on my bank account with any direct debit mandate, thank you very much.

I love the internet. It means I can kid myself I'm interacting with other like-minded people-haters, and I don't have to make any of that quaint 'conversation' nonsense or integrate into society, whatever that means.

Screw you, world!

as much as i hate you, it must also be said that i love you.

Bookewyrme

Imagined half of it.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bookewyrme.straydreamers.com
When you can't drive, being able to order heavy items to be delivered is fabulous. I used to have to buy bottled water, by the gallon, and there is no way I wanted to have to walk home carrying it all.
QFT. I just wish they didn't charge quite so much for delivery lately...

I own more pairs of pyjamas than I do pairs of jeans, which shows how often I get dressed and leave the house.

I just realized that this is true for me as well. Hrm...Interesting.

spamwarrior

rewriting.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
acurrentundersea.wordpress.com
I just realized that I have to leave the house for 4 weeks and go integrate with society at a music festival.

Oh wait, it's a music festival. Which means that people will be stuck in practice rooms all the time! (according to my piano teacher, who is director of the piano program at said music festival)

Yay! I'm safe!

Bookewyrme

Imagined half of it.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bookewyrme.straydreamers.com
I just realized that I have to leave the house for 4 weeks and go integrate with society at a music festival.

Oh wait, it's a music festival. Which means that people will be stuck in practice rooms all the time! (according to my piano teacher, who is director of the piano program at said music festival)

Yay! I'm safe!

Music is kinda weird. It's one of those things that is at once supremely interactive (you play together as an ensemble/band/orchestra etc) and yet at the same time it is completely solitary, just you and the instrument. Kind of like the intertubes! :D

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
I have a very bad back, so I shop online whenever possible. They carry the stuff for you!!! Yes, that makes me tremendously happy :D

spamwarrior

rewriting.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
acurrentundersea.wordpress.com
Music is kinda weird. It's one of those things that is at once supremely interactive (you play together as an ensemble/band/orchestra etc) and yet at the same time it is completely solitary, just you and the instrument. Kind of like the intertubes! :D

It is that! It feels as if the majority of the practicing is so very solitary -- practice piano by yourself hours and hours, spend less time with the orchestra in total. I'm a solitary person to start with.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
My grocery store has a $50 min for delivery. I figure, if I really wanted to, I could call and threaten them.... "If you don't bring me mah groceries, I'm gonna come in there." And then proceed to describe myself and how grumpy I am.

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
I go to the store to buy everything. It's my only social interaction. =/

Silent Rob

Riff-Raff
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Whatever happened to going shopping in your pyjamas? Some people have no style.

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
A conversation between my wife and I last week.

Wife: "We need to go to Asda this week."
Me: "Can't we just get it delivered as normal?"
Wife: "They always cock something up and send us meat that's about to go out of date."
Me: "But going shopping means being around people. You know how I feel about people."

She agreed that getting it delivered was a good idea.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Whatever happened to going shopping in your pyjamas? Some people have no style.

Oh, muppet! You ARE capable of learning! I'm so proud. I'll take you with me the next time I feel like going to the grocery store in my flannels at 3 a.m.

BTW, this is a great way to avoid people too. The only downside is having to dodge all of the boxes, because they're usually restocking the shelves about that time.

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
The only problem with shopping at supermarkets online is when they substitute an alternative, which often bears little resemblance to what you actually ordered.

And then explaining to the delivery driver that no, tampons are not an acceptable substitute for toilet paper.
Wife: "We need to go to Asda this week."
Me: "Can't we just get it delivered as normal?"
Wife: "They always cock something up and send us meat that's about to go out of date."
Me: "But going shopping means being around people. You know how I feel about people."

Arggggh! Asda! One, the local one is in Creepy Crawley. Two, it is full of people from Crawley. About all it's good for is watching people swear at their kids or deciding which breed of chav that one over there is

ETA: I sound like a right snob lol, which, when you consider how common I am, just goes to show...how low people can go.

Last edited:

CatSlave

Mah tale iz draggin.
Registered
Reaction score
Being a creature of the night, I love grocery shopping at 3 A.M. You only bump into kindred souls then.
And single guys.

Around here, the 24-hour grocery has become the singles bar of the 90's.

On a side note, do you ever profile people by what you see in their grocery carts?

Last edited:

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score

You don't necessarily have to set it up as direct debit--can you set it up so you pay it yourself by online banking, though? That's how I pay a number of my bills.

Then you could stay in the house even longer. :D

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Arggggh! Asda! One, the local one is in Creepy Crawley. Two, it is full of people from Crawley. About all it's good for is watching people swear at their kids or deciding which breed of chav that one over there is

My choice is Asda and Tesco which are both full of smelly people, or Sainsburys and Waitrose which are just overpriced and full of wankers.*

*No offence to anyone who shops in Sainsburys or Waitrose. Unless you're a wanker. :D

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So, what happens if I ever come to visit? We have to yell at each other through the mail slot in the front door?