PDA

View Full Version : Primal scream time

dragonjax
07-05-2010, 06:19 PM
So I've been watching PERSONS UNKNOWN and have been enjoying it. And what a shock -- NBC has moved it from 10 pm Mondays to...

Well, wait. Let's see.

First, tonight's episode will be on at 8 pm instead of 10. Has this change been announced? Not that I can tell.

Second, after a look at TV Guide's upcoming week revealed that on Monday July 12 there's no time allotted for PERSONS UNKNOWN, I did a Google search and discovered that starting on July 17, PERSONS UNKNOWN is moving to Saturdays at 8 pm.

Argh.

**begin primal scream**

I LOATHE IT WHEN NETWORKS DON'T SUPPORT A NEW SHOW AND THEN MOVE IT WITHOUT WARNING OR ADVERTISING TO A NEW DAY AND TIME!!!!!!

**end primal scream**

This is why I have been leaning toward not watching **any** new shows. I'm so sick of investing time into something that then gets canceled or so unsupported that it's cancellation is imminent.

alleycat
07-05-2010, 06:26 PM
I watched the first episode of that but didn't want to get sucked into a Lost type show.

I'm not sure what happened afterward, but on the first show I wondered why they didn't just put a tourniquet around their leg so the control thing wouldn't work and just hobble out.

Jcomp
07-05-2010, 06:33 PM
Well, this is NBC we're talking about here. They have a bit of rep for doing such things to even their halfway successful shows...

kuwisdelu
07-05-2010, 09:59 PM
Damn, I thought this was going to be a thread comparing primal screams in different movies and which ones were the best.

ChaosTitan
07-07-2010, 03:04 AM
I'm with you, Jackie. I think I'm going to stick with watching shows after they've been on for a year. The few new shows I tried this year have all been canceled.

Shadow_Ferret
07-07-2010, 03:06 AM
Not surprisingly, I've never heard of Persons Unknown. How longs it been on? I won't ask when it's on since that's up for debate. :)
Damn, I thought this was going to be a thread comparing primal screams in different movies and which ones were the best.

I thought we were going to discuss all the uses of the Wilhelm Scream. :D

dragonjax
07-07-2010, 07:31 AM
Not surprisingly, I've never heard of Persons Unknown. How longs it been on? I won't ask when it's on since that's up for debate. :)

Ummmm...maybe four episodes? Five, counting the one from Monday that I have yet to watch.

darkprincealain
07-07-2010, 04:21 PM
I actually have been enjoying it. Watching it on hulu, I guess I miss out on all the schedule changes--I haven't really logged on enough to figure out that the update schedule has shifted around.

On another note, the actress who played Dualla on BSG was supposed to be on Monday's episode. So, in that respect, I can't wait to catch up.

heyjude
07-07-2010, 11:22 PM
I like this one too. It's a miniseries, right?

Sounds like it's being moved to Saturdays in a few weeks. (Saw that on their board (http://boards.nbc.com/nbc/index.php?showtopic=844394&st=0).) We've been watching it OnDemand, so it doesn't matter to me when it airs, but I'd be ticked without OnDemand. And isn't Saturday night usually the kiss of death?

dragonjax
07-08-2010, 03:42 AM
On another note, the actress who played Dualla on BSG was supposed to be on Monday's episode. So, in that respect, I can't wait to catch up.

Finally saw it. Yep, she was in the ep.

dragonjax
07-08-2010, 03:43 AM
I like this one too. It's a miniseries, right?

I believe so -- the promo before the show keeps promising that by the end of the summer, all will be revealed. Yeah, Saturday doesn't bode well...but if it's a miniseries with a set ending, maybe that will encourage NBC to run the whole thing.

heyjude
07-08-2010, 07:36 PM
I believe so -- the promo before the show keeps promising that by the end of the summer, all will be revealed. Yeah, Saturday doesn't bode well...but if it's a miniseries with a set ending, maybe that will encourage NBC to run the whole thing.

Let's hope so, but boy does NBC have a bad track record with canceling good shows. :(

dragonjax
07-08-2010, 08:05 PM
Let's hope so, but boy does NBC have a bad track record with canceling good shows. :(

Not as bad as some other networks, though. **glares at Fox and ABC**

darkprincealain
07-19-2010, 07:54 AM
Yes, it appears to be on Saturday. Just showing six more ep.s. I feel like it has gotten a lot more rough and tumble since the last time I posted. I'm not sure they're moving forward, but I'm in since I do have a lot of free time this summer.

heyjude
07-19-2010, 04:17 PM
I'm still enjoying it (except for what's-his-names sort-of beard--are there NO razors there?!), but OnDemand hasn't put up the last episode yet. Which seems like a long time.

Wayne K
07-19-2010, 04:29 PM

They cancelled Taxi when it was the number one show on TV.

Granted, that was a long time ago, but I still haven't let it go :D

heyjude
07-19-2010, 04:31 PM
Yeah, and I will hold my grudge about Boomtown... um... forever. Canceling that show was a heinous crime and should be punishable by... something so bad I can't even think of it.

Wayne K
07-19-2010, 04:33 PM
We should band together and plot our revenge

heyjude
07-19-2010, 04:35 PM
YES! You devise the revenge, I'll go about implementing it so that we don't get caught.

Our first step should be to stop talking about it on a public message board...

:D

darkprincealain
08-04-2010, 09:35 PM
I still kind of want revenge for Ally McBeal. I guess I don't forget easily.

That said, I don't like the Persons Unknown mole (his name starts with a j, I think?) shorn. He looks like a shaved cat. I'm not yet finished with the most recent ep., but so far I am liking the way Lola Glaudini seems to have finally gotten more comfortable with her character.

dragonjax
08-05-2010, 04:58 AM
Every week that Persons Unknown continues to air is another week I celebrate.

heyjude
08-31-2010, 06:20 PM
Oh. Did anyone stick with this through the end? I just... I think I lost some brain cells.

Spoiler alert if you didn't watch the very end:

On one hand, seeing Tori as the night manager? Awesome.

OTOH, the 2nd group taking an elevator several floors down to the top of an ocean-going ship? Uh...

darkprincealain
09-07-2010, 04:16 PM
I don't think you lost any brain cells, but I do think that was sort of ... not answering questions, where in the promos they'd promised to answer questions.

It certainly makes me wonder if the writers, even knowing it was supposed to be a miniseries, were trying to bargain for a second season, with that last bit. Or am I crazy?

heyjude
09-07-2010, 09:20 PM
I've heard they always said they knew for sure it was miniseries only, and surely the ratings were a clue, but yeah, it could have gone for a 2nd season. Well, if anyone was left watching (with brain cells). What was the deal with the cages? How is that an ending?