PDA

View Full Version : Larry King

Fanny
09-04-2005, 01:37 PM
Oh my God !!!!!!!!! Did anyone get to see Céline on CNN ? She started talking about the people who're dying right now because of HURRICANE KATRINA, who are homeless, and she started crying and screaming at the American government !!!! Here are the transcripts :

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0509/03/lkl.03.html

And a video is avalaible here :

http://edition.cnn.com/video/bestoftv/2005...nt.exclude.html (http://edition.cnn.com/video/bestoftv/2005/09/03/lkl.celine.dion.cnn/content.exclude.html)

Just have a look and tell me what you think of it... All I can say is that I am so PROUD of her, I admire her for what she said, and for talking with her heart. She said what so many people (including me) have in their minds, she's just GREAT !!!!!

I don't want to take advantage or anything, but I really need to ask Jenna if it's possible to give Céline a letter written by all of us or something like that, those who support her and especially those who watched this video and who think she was fantastic. I'd really love to let her know that she did the right thing, that it was so touching to see her crying, yelling, opening her heart on television and that we admire her even more.

You may all think it's too much but... I really can't help it, I needed to say all of this because I was shocked when I watched this video. I had never seen Céline like that, we've always seen her calm, it seems like she's been holding all this inside her and needed to let it out. For those who dare say she's fake, she's too much, she's not real, just watch this damn video and tell me about it!

Céline, you are wonderful, never change anything.
I'll do my best to let her know what I think when she comes here in October.

Thanks for reading and again, sorry if it bothered anyone.

Mozinha
09-04-2005, 01:43 PM
I agree 100% with you Fanny.
Céline needs to know how proud we all are because she was not afraid to speak her mind like that. I'm very impressed and very proud, more than I've ever been.
I know I'll be writting her a letter these days and send it to Ceasars. I doubt she will ever read. But I'm sending anyways. It's worth the try. She must know how much she touched us all.

Ok, so, if we did one together it would be very meaningful.

Teodora
09-04-2005, 01:46 PM
CNN International had news headlines and adds over most of Celine's interview, so when they resumed with Larry she was in the middle of yelling. You are so right, I think all Celine fans are incredible proud of her right now. I know I am! I never thought i'd see Celine getting mad like that, and expressing her opinions so loudly, especially picking on the way things were handled by the US administration. It was so emotional, she spoke so wonderful and sang incredibly well considering all the crying and yelling! MMMhhhh, I love her even more now! :)

Fanny
09-04-2005, 01:47 PM
I agree 100% with you Fanny.
Céline needs to know how proud we all are because she was not afraid to speak her mind like that. I'm very impressed and very proud, more than I've ever been.
I know I'll be writting her a letter these days and send it to Ceasars. I doubt she will ever read. But I'm sending anyways. It's worth the try. She must know how much she touched us all.

Ok, so, if we did one together it would be very meaningful.
Yes it would. I don't want to do it just to please her, but to let her know that she's not the only one out there who's SHOCKED by the situation, that she's not the only one who'd like/need to say what they think. We all feel so useless, sending money wouldn't change anything right now, as Céline said they need water and food. Anyway, I hope more people will think like we do.

Fanny
09-04-2005, 01:49 PM
Yes, Teodora !! I showed my parents the video, when they saw her singing, she said, how is that possible. She's been crying and screaming, and now she sings. Amazing. It's just because it was in her heart. I'm just speechless!

Mozinha
09-04-2005, 01:51 PM
Celine just said what a lot of people would say if they could.
It was so good to see her speaking her mind.

I loved to see her mad and enraged and so emotional. That is a woman of heart.
And she must know we support her and feel the same as her.

Filine
09-04-2005, 03:08 PM
I have never seen Céline like this...you know she always tries to be so strong...for everybody for the people she loves...but of course she is frustrated...I am too...I was just talking about that with Marisa last night...I am a nurse...I have always wanted to help people...and here I am...stuck...I can't do a thing...I feel powerless, frustrated and I am soooo MAD. Like Céline says it: who cares about the million dollars...what matters is the basic needs right now. I don't want to offend anybody, but the government of a country that is usually in front of the line in any conflict, or any disaster...now isn't able to help their own people!! There is money to start a war on the other side of the world, and they've pumped literally billions in that war in Iraq...all for the oil and all for the money...yes oil is important...but what about the people...? Because the most poor and most innocent people are ALWAYS the victims...

How can it be that there are still people out there waiting to be rescued! Like Céline said...who wants to hear the reason. DO SOMETHING what are they waiting for!!

Céline's said what I've been feeling, and yes I wanted to write her the instant she finished...I just wanted to let her know, that I am so proud of her and that she is my voice too...I don't feel so stuck anymore now I know that Céline is out there to tell the government and everybody who is in the power to do something how we all feel... Céline has the gift to reach millions of people and I am behind her for 9348923784237428357%

Céline, I love YOU!

Cindy

Fanny
09-04-2005, 03:12 PM
I have never seen Céline like this...you know she always tries to be so strong...for everybody for the people she loves...but of course she is frustrated...I am too...I was just talking about that with Marisa last night...I am a nurse...I have always wanted to help people...and here I am...stuck...I can't do a thing...I feel powerless, frustrated and I am soooo MAD. Like Céline says it: who cares about the million dollars...what matters is the basic needs right now. I don't want to offend anybody, but the government of a country that is usually in front of the line in any conflict, or any disaster...now isn't able to help their own people!! There is money to start a war on the other side of the world, and they've pumped literally billions in that war in Iraq...all for the oil and all for the money...yes oil is important...but what about the people...? Because the most poor and most innocent people are ALWAYS the victims...

How can it be that there are still people out there waiting to be rescued! Like Céline said...who wants to hear the reason. DO SOMETHING what are they waiting for!!

Céline's said what I've been feeling, and yes I wanted to write her the instant she finished...I just wanted to let her know, that I am so proud of her and that she is my voice too...I don't feel so stuck anymore now I know that Céline is out there to tell the government and everybody who is in the power to do something how we all feel... Céline has the gift to reach millions of people and I am behind her for 9348923784237428357%

Céline, I love YOU!

Cindy
Exactly. What else can we add ? She did the right thing.:Clap:

TatiVale
09-04-2005, 04:21 PM
Man.. I totally agree with what Monica, Fanny,Cindy said.. all tht was said here. I don't know waht to add more.
All I coluld think of doing after watching everything was opening this action on my signature. I know that it is not much, not enough now.. but that is all I can do. It's hard to deal with all that, I know... I come from a country, a city where every day I see people sleeping on the streets, (on the sidewalk, ... ) people homeless, no money, no food ... and everything .. of course it's not like a hurricane disaster.. but I mean is that I'm in away more "used to" this situation of seeing people in needing.. unfortunatelly. So, .... man, I'm speechless, I don't know what to say, really. Thanks!

Marisa Louise
09-04-2005, 07:56 PM
Sounds strange but quite some time ago I had a dream about Céline being in this setting. Quivering with her tears on a television show with an older man and them not giving her a break and "making" her sing something. It's just weird when you have dreams like that and they happen.

I've already said what I feel on other sites. Now that I've watched the video, there isn't really anything that changes. Many people have said what I would. I avoid watching the TV because I don't want to be like that. I don't want to walk around sad, thinking that there isn't anything that I can do because money will be needed later and not now. I don't want to watch the TVs and walk around all day with a daydream in my mind of the tragedies that are taking place. I feel it, but I don't want to dwell on it.

I'm glad Céline got to get something out. I hope she got some time to get a little more release there. With combination of Céline, everyone who has posted her and in other places..... my thoughts and prayers go out to all of the people.

darryl
09-04-2005, 09:23 PM
It might be rare for us to see Céline upset, but like the 2nd hand reports after Dance With My Father, we know that she is NOT a weak person. She has enormous respect for people, but she can't be who she is, can't sing with the feeling that she does without having the kind of soul like we've all just seen. That she would get this upset, and finally tell it to the world- is entirely part of who she is.

As to letting her know just how right she is, and that we love her- why wait for Jenna? Send a telegram! It's not important for us to use a special connection. 1,000 telegrams speak volumes!

:Thumbs:

TatiVale
09-04-2005, 09:38 PM
It might be rare for us to see Céline upset, but like the 2nd hand reports after Dance With My Father, we know that she is NOT a weak person. She has enormous respect for people, but she can't be who she is, can't sing with the feeling that she does without having the kind of soul like we've all just seen. That she would get this upset, and finally tell it to the world- is entirely part of who she is.

As to letting her know just how right she is, and that we love her- why wait for Jenna? Send a telegram! It's not important for us to use a special connection. 1,000 telegrams speak volumes!
:Thumbs:
It's not like she is weak --- sensibility doesn't mean weakness -- :) she's just a very sensitive person.

And about the letter thing: Oh well, hehe waiting for Jenna just because maybe that letter could reach Celine faster. Like if I send it today, it might takes a lot of time to reach her, and I don't have how to send telegrams my dear heheh :P too expensive for outside of my country. Do you any suggestion to help me? :) thanks!!!

darryl
09-04-2005, 09:45 PM
It's not like she is weak --- sensibility doesn't mean weakness -- :) she's just a very sensitive person.

And about the letter thing: Oh well, hehe waiting for Jenna just because maybe that letter could reach Celine faster. Like if I send it today, it might takes a lot of time to reach her, and I don't have how to send telegrams my dear heheh :P too expensive for outside of my country. Do you any suggestion to help me? :) thanks!!!

Indeed!

By seeming weak, I meant that she is usually so polite and reserved in public that many people mistake this for weakness. [Not I]. Nice to she her feisty side, even if it's during the most tragic of circumstances.

As to the cost, sorry I didn't realize it would be expensive from Brazil. I've had to send telegrams and such from overseas on occassion, but I suppose the cost may vary wildly from country to country.

There might be several ways, but obviously someone over here will have to coordinate things etc. Let's see what the rest of the fans suggest!

:Fairydust

TatiVale
09-04-2005, 10:19 PM
Indeed!

By seeming weak, I meant that she is usually so polite and reserved in public that many people mistake this for weakness. [Not I]. Nice to she her feisty side, even if it's during the most tragic of circumstances.

As to the cost, sorry I didn't realize it would be expensive from Brazil. I've had to send telegrams and such from overseas on occassion, but I suppose the cost may vary wildly from country to country.

There might be several ways, but obviously someone over here will have to coordinate things etc. Let's see what the rest of the fans suggest!

:Fairydust

yeah yeah I understood your point, just wanted to add that :)

Oh yeah, no problem, really. Yeah, the thing is that they changed the prics, it got higher since some couple of years ago. (they want to take our money way...ppff lol) Anyway... for me to send a simple package to US/Canada, like a CD inside a box I have to pay 31 reais (brazilian money) 'cause they only have priority option. So...well, once I tried to send a letter by "Sedex" which is a express service, takes one day, and it costed 65 reais... ppfff hehe so expensive!

Anyway.. sorry for not talking about the main suject here;;; well, we just have to organize it. Thanks! :)

Koolan
09-04-2005, 11:03 PM
I knew something wasn't right when Larry introduced Celine, she looked angry and a bit nervous. You could hear it in her voice throught her speech. I'm so glad Celine spoke her mind out, makes me proud to be a fan. And I couldn't believe Larry asked her to sing a song at the end, that was totally unexpected from him. Wow, and she managed to pull it off. Kudos Celine! :Clap:

ashleylovescéline
09-04-2005, 11:59 PM
I've posted so much about this on the Céline Channel Forum, but I'll say it again on here: I am SO proud of Céline! Never before has she spoken her mind like this, and I admire her so much for doing so. There are no words. She is amazing.

P.S. If anyone is planning to send a letter to her regarding this, I would be more than happy to sign my name to it. I don't know if it would make a difference to her or not, but maybe it would help to know that someone heard her. And that she is not the only one who is frustrated by all of it.

MacAllister
09-05-2005, 12:20 AM
Fanny--thanks for linking the video.

darryl
09-05-2005, 02:04 AM
I wish I could be there for the next performance. I bet the entire audience gives her a very long standing ovation. :Clap:

With regards to letting her know she has our support, I think she'd be touched- but at the same time she'd also ask: So, what are YOU doing to help? As she said in her speech, the $1 million is nothing. It will help, but months from now.

Don't get me wrong- Céline would not be mad at us, but it seems to me that she'd be much more heatened if we all banded together and instead of sending HER our thoughts and help, we sent them to the victims themselves. She seems most concerned about doing something NOW.

One thing that would have a direct impact, but obviously for those in the USA, Canada and Mexico, would be going out and donating blood. While I was in Texas a number of malls, companies etc were organising such events. The reason is that the state of Louisiana will need to pull blood supplies from all over the USA to help treat the surviving victims. There are going to be not only the immediately injured people to help, but there is likely to be a much higher sickness/death rate due to complications with existing illnesses. So the surrounding states are trying to gather much greater local blood supplies so that they can share them with the affected areas. I know that Canada has already started this process as well.

Sure food donations also will be of high importance, but that costs some people money and not everyone has much they can spare. Blood is a renewable resource!

So, why not go out and donate blood at your local Red Cross etc? You could post here that you have, in a new thread for example, and maybe then someone can deliver a simple letter to Céline with the names of all the people that did this, and explain that HER appeal was a very strong motivation for doing this! That would both help people very directly, and also let her know that her words have power, and that we love her soul.

Comments?

:Lecture:

ashleylovescéline
09-05-2005, 02:19 AM
Don't get me wrong- Céline would not be mad at us, but it seems to me that she'd be much more heatened if we all banded together and instead of sending HER our thoughts and help, we sent them to the victims themselves. She seems most concerned about doing something NOW.

I thought about that. It would mean something to her if she knew her words have touched us, but it would mean more to her to know that her words made something happen.

CertPharmT15
09-05-2005, 02:20 AM
I have donated platelets on Saturday and i'm due to donate full blood on Tuesday or Wednesday. Being type O blood is helpful...I hope you guys go out there and do something, anything to help the people devastated by this tragedy. I work for CVS/Pharmacy and they have set up "portable pharmacies" for patients to receive their prescriptions. I'm really thinking about making the 14 hour drive overthere or flying over to Houston to help them.

Also, I just wanted to thank Celine for voicing out all the frustrations we've felt.

Salla
09-05-2005, 02:55 AM
I'm so proud of Céline for speaking her mind! And I agree with every single word she said. I can feel her anger and frustration. It just feels so horrible, that there's nothing I can do to help right now.

Yes, we definetly should tell Céline how this had an impact on us and thank her for voicing out her opinion and putting into words, what each one of us were feeling.

Fanny
09-05-2005, 02:58 AM
I'd love to give my blood. Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to. I feel helpless !!!

Salla
09-05-2005, 03:05 AM
I wish I could be there for the next performance. I bet the entire audience gives her a very long standing ovation. :Clap:

With regards to letting her know she has our support, I think she'd be touched- but at the same time she'd also ask: So, what are YOU doing to help? As she said in her speech, the $1 million is nothing. It will help, but months from now.

One thing that would have a direct impact, but obviously for those in the USA, Canada and Mexico, would be going out and donating blood. While I was in Texas a number of malls, companies etc were organising such events. The reason is that the state of Louisiana will need to pull blood supplies from all over the USA to help treat the surviving victims. There are going to be not only the immediately injured people to help, but there is likely to be a much higher sickness/death rate due to complications with existing illnesses. So the surrounding states are trying to gather much greater local blood supplies so that they can share them with the affected areas. I know that Canada has already started this process as well.

Sure food donations also will be of high importance, but that costs some people money and not everyone has much they can spare. Blood is a renewable resource!

So, why not go out and donate blood at your local Red Cross etc? You could post here that you have, in a new thread for example, and maybe then someone can deliver a simple letter to Céline with the names of all the people that did this, and explain that HER appeal was a very strong motivation for doing this! That would both help people very directly, and also let her know that her words have power, and that we love her soul.

Comments?

:Lecture:

I agree that we should to do something that has a direct impact, something that helps now. Donating blood is a good idea, althoug that kinda "leaves out" us from other countries..but maybe we could do something else? I don't know..we can always donate money, although it doesn't help right NOW, but it'll hopefully help a little in the future.

And yeah, a simple letter would be perfect, it doesn't have to be anything fancy, just a letter to let her know that she was a motivation behind this and how much her words have touched us all.

Celine's#1FanInGA
09-05-2005, 03:53 AM
Hi everyone!

I have watched the video of Celine over and over, and am SO PROUD OF HER!! :Clap: She showed her true feelings, and that is why we all love her so much!

I agree that it would be wonderful to let Celine know how she has motivated us even more. I am sure she would appreciate a word of thanks from us, and it would touch her even more to know that we are trying to help the victims out anyway that we can. I am going to Las Vegas on Wednesday, seeing the show Thursday night. If anyone would like to type a note/letter to Celine, and PM them onto me, I will pass any of them on. I have a friend that works there, and I know she will pass the letters on to Celine's assistant. I know that Celine would want us to do anything that we can for the victims, but if anyone wants to let her know how touched we were by her appearance, and let her know we will do what we can to help, you can PM me a note/letter or send it to directly to my email address.

Thanks!
Elisa

JennaGlatzer
09-05-2005, 08:14 AM
Fanny, thank you so much for posting that! I was away this weekend and didn't know about it.

I AM SO PROUD OF HER. I know how hard it was for her to make the decision to speak out like that. Send your PMs to Elisa... she can get your letters to Celine faster than I can right now. I will be sure to tell her how proud everyone is of her, too!

binsk
09-05-2005, 08:40 AM
thanks Jenna...

who is Elisa? can i see her profile please?

Marisa Louise
09-05-2005, 08:41 AM
I've already written mine. :)

darryl
09-05-2005, 08:56 AM
I'd love to give my blood. Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to. I feel helpless !!!

You aren't allowed to? I do not know your age, but I guess that must be why. Here, you can't do it if you are too young, unless you have a parents approval.

Anyway, for people overseas we can try to think if there isn't something better than money....

:)

darryl
09-05-2005, 09:00 AM
For those who do not speak english as their first language, I mis-typed an important word in my comments earlier:

.... but it seems to me that she'd be much more heartened if ....

Dang keyboard simply refuses to keep up with my fingers! Or is it my brain that lags my fingers?

:ROFL:

JennaGlatzer
09-05-2005, 09:02 AM
Binsk, Elisa's profile is here: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/member.php?userid=3706. She's the one who posted just before me. She has a friend on Celine's staff (who I've spoken with, too, so I can verify that she's telling the truth!) who can pass along your messages.

Tatiana, I bid on your auction-- but I'm delighted to say that I was outbid! Looks like you're going to do very well.

Piglot82
09-05-2005, 09:20 AM
wow!! I really don't know what to say...I read everyones comments before I watched it, so I kinda thought I knew what to expect. What I just watched, I honestly didn't expect. There was so much emotion and frustration, I'm really in shock. It's not that I'm shocked that Celine said what she said because she's human and she has an enormous heart, I just...i don't know I think.

As for "giving her a hug"...I didn't feel the desire to do that at all. What I wanted to do was grab Celine's hand and say "lets go, right now. Lets get a helicopter, load it with water and food and lets go get them. Cancel your show tonight...we'll go help, we'll rescue those people."

Up until today I have basically avoided the news. To be completly honest, I didn't want to hear about what happened. I have so much going on right now I felt like I didn't have time to worry about this. Right now, at this very second, I feel my heart breaking. I'm sitting at my computer crying because I know I should be helping somehow, I've just been to selfish to try.

Tonight I think I admire Celine even more than ever. She has just shown everyone the real person and not the always smiling/pleasing Celine that we all see on TV. She was raw, uncensored and...honest.

The letters: although I think Celine would be deeply touched by the letters, I honestly don't see them making a big impact on her. I think someone already said this, but...I can imagine Celine getting the letters and saying "thank you, but what are you doing to help?". Finding out that she influenced 10's or 100's of people to do their part to help during this tragedy would mean so much more to her than a bunch of letters telling her how great she is.

Marisa Louise
09-05-2005, 09:30 AM
I think that I will go and donate blood. I don't have the money to donate, and there isn't anything else that I can do.

For me, to sit here and feel helpless and like there isn't anything that I can do-- I hate that feeling. I feel like I'm dragging a huge weight behind me. Like I'm sinking into something and cannot escape. I don't feel like my normal cheery self and I feel like I'm always on the verge of tears. I haven't watched much news because of the same reason Stacy mentioned... we talked about it on the phone earlier this evening, actually. Then my phone died.

For me, I absolutely hate needles and I know that if I give blood, I'm going to pass out because with even three tubes of blood, I am near that effect. But if that is the only way that I can help and feel causitive over something with this tragedy, it seems like it would be worth it. I can deal with a little sacrifice when thousands of others are subject to so much more sacrifice than they should ever have to see, none-the-less experience first hand.

I think I'll probably end up doing so.

Salla
09-05-2005, 11:12 AM
You aren't allowed to? I do not know your age, but I guess that must be why. Here, you can't do it if you are too young, unless you have a parents approval.

Anyway, for people overseas we can try to think if there isn't something better than money....

:)

hmm. Well, this idea involves money...I know there are a bunch of people who can draw/paint, so maybe we could put an auction(s) on ebay? And it doesn't have to be only paintings, it could be anything you've made yourself.. This would somehow be "more personal" than "only" giving money.

Tatiana, your auction was an inspiration for this idea:kiss:

Also, I've seen bunch of people who are good with graphics and computer stuff promising to make icons/avatars/banners/etc. in return of someone donating money to the cause. :)

Fanny
09-05-2005, 11:36 AM
Fanny, thank you so much for posting that! I was away this weekend and didn't know about it.

I AM SO PROUD OF HER. I know how hard it was for her to make the decision to speak out like that. Send your PMs to Elisa... she can get your letters to Celine faster than I can right now. I will be sure to tell her how proud everyone is of her, too!
You're welcome, Jenna !! Yes, Tati talked to me about Elisa, that's what we'll be doing. We'll send her our (short => impossible for me to do !!) letters, and she'll bring them to Vegas. Thanks a lot !! :)

Fanny
09-05-2005, 11:40 AM
Darryl, I'm 18, so I'm able to give my blood. But I'm anemic... so I can't ! :mad: And I don't even want to send money, because you never know where it goes... and as Céline said, what they need now is water, blood, and to be rescued...

Filine
09-05-2005, 03:39 PM
hmm. Well, this idea involves money...I know there are a bunch of people who can draw/paint, so maybe we could put an auction(s) on ebay? :)

That's a great idea Salla...I am going to try and make some drawings this week to auction off for this good cause ;) I wrote a message for Céline it's basically the same as the message I posted above:

Dear Céline

I have never seen you like this...you always are so strong...for everybody you love, for everything you believe in. But what you said at Larry King on Saturday, really means the world to me. It's so courageous and so sincere to pour your heart out like you did. I admire you for your strenght, your love for people and your openess and honesty.
And even though you don't know me and I am far away you continue to enrich my life every day, and over the years this bond has become stronger and stronger. I grew up with your music and I entered adulthood with you and you continue to inspire me more every day.
I am so frustrated too...I am a nurse...I have always wanted to help people...and here I am...stuck...I can't do a thing...I feel powerless, frustrated and I am soooo MAD. Like you said: who cares about the money right now...what matters is the basic needs right now. It's so sad because the most poor and most innocent people are ALWAYS the victims...

Céline, you have said what I've been feeling, and yes I wanted to write you the instant you finished...I just wanted to let you know, that I am so proud of you and that you are MY voice too...I don't feel so stuck anymore now I know that you are out there to tell the government and everybody who is in the power to do something how we all feel... you have the gift to reach millions of people and I am behind you for ever and always...

Céline, I love YOU!
xx...

Cindy

TatiVale
09-05-2005, 04:02 PM
Tatiana, I bid on your auction-- but I'm delighted to say that I was outbid! Looks like you're going to do very well.

Thank you Jenna!!! :kiss: Yeah, God listens to you! :P Btw, I love your eBay ID, so cute!!!! heheh

O.K
I think that everybody can do his part. It doesn't matter if some persons only can give money for this cause - The most important thing is to do whatever we can, and not be sat in chair doing nothing. Those people over there can not need the money right now, but they will need it soon. I think that everybody can tell Celine in that letter what she inspired everyone to do: donating blood, donating something...whatever. I'm pretty sure she will be very happy!
Everybody can do a little thing and everything together becomes a big thing. :Hug2:

godessceline
09-05-2005, 04:08 PM
All I can say is AT LAST! I've always been so frustrated witht he fact that she's always so politically correct and never speaks her own opinions about politics and stuff. I mean she is extremely intelligent so it's ashame. Untill now. Way to go Céline girl!!! :Clap: I'm so proud of ehr for letting her heart take over and rule over her head because that's what we need right now; people feeling with their hearts and not thinking with their heads. I'm so proud of her!! :kiss: I've never seen her like this before either, maybe RC's birth changed her perceprion to this ebcause he's so innocent and doesn't understand this and so she is forced to at elast try and explain. But...how do you answert that, though? How do you explain to your four-year old why the world can be so bad? I'm so immensely proud of her and I'm so glad we have a way to tell her that! And don't even get me started on the "president"...getting troups in to shoot people for trying to save their freezing starving families!! WTF??? Hhe should be friggin AHSAMED of himself! What's wrong with this man?! :( I tell you, I dislike him now more than ever. Oh and one thing Céline said had me thinking too....about the roofs. What is it that makes it impossible to lift them off and save people that way? I don't get it. And Sweden can't our help cause the US said they can't take any more help and... I felt so much for Céline as well when she ´said her check isn't making a difference right now and won't do so untill everyone's got the food, shelter and water. She must feel so helpless, as I'm sure we all do. Way to go Tatiana and everyone else for getting involved, you are all angels. :kiss:

Annabanana
09-05-2005, 07:07 PM
Tatiana, what a great idea!

Most of my collection is lying around in my closet so there's definitely some interesting things I can spare for Ebay.

darryl
09-05-2005, 07:14 PM
Darryl, I'm 18, so I'm able to give my blood. But I'm anemic... so I can't ! :mad: And I don't even want to send money, because you never know where it goes... and as Céline said, what they need now is water, blood, and to be rescued...

Sorry to hear about the anemia Fanny. Yes, some medical conditions like yours would make it unwise to donate blood.

As to the money donations, I too would prefer to hand money directly to someone who needs it. Organizations, although meaning well, often waste too much of the money going from your hand to the needy.

Perhaps you could organize a blood donation event in your area? Perhaps you belong to a club or something where it would be possible to get some significant numbers of people to donate. You could also help at such an event if it is already planned. Just thinking aloud!

:idea:

Fanny
09-05-2005, 07:31 PM
Sorry to hear about the anemia Fanny. Yes, some medical conditions like yours would make it unwise to donate blood.

As to the money donations, I too would prefer to hand money directly to someone who needs it. Organizations, although meaning well, often waste too much of the money going from your hand to the needy.

Perhaps you could organize a blood donation event in your area? Perhaps you belong to a club or something where it would be possible to get some significant numbers of people to donate. You could also help at such an event if it is already planned. Just thinking aloud!

Yes, I'll see what the others plan to do and I'll follow them. Would be too hard to plan a blood donation. I'm looking for some things that I could sell.

Celine's#1FanInGA
09-05-2005, 10:08 PM
Hi Eveyone!

Thanks to each of you who have sent me a letter for Celine. I have printed them all out, and will be putting them in a nice book for Celine. :) I live in the South (as you can see under my icon;) ) and we have been having phone problems due to the storms from the hurricane. I kept getting "kicked off" the internet or else I would have responded to all of you sooner. We were not affected like our neighboring states, but the tornadoes that were spawned from the hurricane did cause some damage to the West and North of where I live.

I am glad that I will have the chance to pass your letters onto Celine. I thank Jenna for letting you all know that I am telling the truth about knowing someone that works on Celine's staff. I realize if you don't actually "know" me, then you couldn't know for sure that your letters will get to Celine. They will. Thank you Jenna! :)

I wish each of you the best, and thank you again for the letters you have sent.

Wishing you all a great day;
All the best,
Elisa

Fanny
09-05-2005, 11:02 PM
As I already said.. thanks a lot, Elisa !

archangel
09-06-2005, 12:48 AM
she condoned looting because they were poor, because they never had their hands on a big screen tv? great singer, warped. Then you have sean penn trying to get a good picture, hole in his boat was classic...thanks to celine and sean for the great comedy. When you donate money and tell everyone you did it for show, when you do it anonamously you did it from your heart. A million is alot but it is just a drop of water in the ocean for celine.

anghil5
09-06-2005, 01:09 AM
she condoned looting because they were poor, because they never had their hands on a big screen tv? great singer, warped. Then you have sean penn trying to get a good picture, hole in his boat was classic...thanks to celine and sean for the great comedy. When you donate money and tell everyone you did it for show, when you do it anonamously you did it from your heart. A million is alot but it is just a drop of water in the ocean for celine.

Whoa! WHA? Are you dissing on Celine? Larry King said that she gave the money. She didn't go on show to say that she gave money, she just mentioned it. She wouldn't of given it unless she was doing it from the heart..she's not the kind of person to do it for show.

Annabanana
09-06-2005, 01:23 AM
Did you even listen to/read what Celine was saying?

She didn't condone looting. What she was saying is that it's understandable why they would loot. Her main point is that the looters shouldn't be the focus at the expense of the rescue mission. The vast majority of looters you see on the news are carrying away such things as diet coke (water) and snacks to help their families and friends survive, because hell knows the government ain't gonna go and get it for them. And she's right. When you see people dying of hunger or about to drown, your focus shouldn't be on jeans and TV sets.

She wasn't there to brag about the money. She was there to encourage other people to give their money too. She was saying that even though she gave money she still feels like she didn't help solve the IMMEDIATE problem. And she was there to talk about her feelings, she even told Larry quite clearly "I don't want to talk about money."

And anyway, archangel, this is your first post here. The fact that you signed up to the message board of Celine's biographer's (and friend!) site to bash Celine is pathetic. How much did YOU give to the relief effort?

CertPharmT15
09-06-2005, 01:48 AM

Wow, I was amazed that with all this tragedy someone still has the nerve to criticize good deeds. I guess you signed up on this forum just to insult Celine? Anyways, I believe I will be departing for Texas to go and volunteer with the company I work with (CVS/Pharmacy) and get medications to these people. They have set up 2 mobile pharmacies outside the Astrodome. I will keep you guys updated, I'm not sure if I'm going though, it's all in the works. I want to thank ALL of you for what you're doing. The great ideas you're coming up with are astonishing. Even a little bit helps, remember that these people have practically nothing.

Elisa: All I can say is "Thank You" for giving everyone the opportunity to get in touch with Celine, once again we appreciate everything you've done and what you're planning to do. http://absolutewrite.com/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif

Jenna: Thank you for letting us discuss these topics here on this board.http://absolutewrite.com/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif

Celine's#1FanInGA
09-06-2005, 01:57 AM
Wow, I was amazed that with all this tragedy someone still has the nerve to criticize good deeds. I guess you signed up on this forum just to insult Celine? Anyways, I believe I will be departing for Texas to go and volunteer with the company I work with (CVS/Pharmacy) and get medications to these people. They have set up 2 mobile pharmacies outside the Astrodome. I will keep you guys updated, I'm not sure if I'm going though, it's all in the works. I want to thank ALL of you for what you're doing. The great ideas you're coming up with are astonishing. Even a little bit helps, remember that these people have practically nothing.

Elisa: All I can say is "Thank You" for giving everyone the opportunity to get in touch with Celine, once again we appreciate everything you've done and what you're planning to do. http://absolutewrite.com/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif

Jenna: Thank you for letting us discuss these topics here on this board.http://absolutewrite.com/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif

How wonderful of you, going to TX with your company! Bless you! I have friends that are going to MS on Wednesday, and will be taking food and water. My family, friends and I have all donated to their effort, but I always wish I could do so much more. Regarding taking the letters to Celine, I am MORE then happy to do that, and grateful that I have the opportunity to do it! You all are wonderful for your help with the relief efforts and writing the letters to Celine!

Bless you all;
Elisa

TatiVale
09-06-2005, 03:06 AM
Lisa, thank you so very much --once again -- for helping us!!! :) you rock!

Celine's#1FanInGA
09-06-2005, 03:20 AM
Lisa, thank you so very much --once again -- for helping us!!! :) you rock!

Ah, THANK YOU! :) I am HAPPY that I am able to do this. Thanks to Fanny for coming up with this idea!!

Thanks to everyone who has sent letters, I have been getting so many throughout the day, the book is growing! :Clap:

Take care;
Elisa

binsk
09-06-2005, 05:40 AM
Binsk, Elisa's profile is here: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/member.php?userid=3706. She's the one who posted just before me. She has a friend on Celine's staff (who I've spoken with, too, so I can verify that she's telling the truth!) who can pass along your messages.

thanks Jenna

JennaGlatzer
09-06-2005, 05:45 AM
I sent a note to someone on Celine's team to let her know how proud we are of her. He wrote back to say he knows she will appreciate the encouragement. He is showing her the e-mail and Tatiana's auction, because I explained that the fans decided it was more important to take action than to just tell her they love her. She will be very proud of everyone who's trying to help!

Celine's#1FanInGA
09-06-2005, 06:13 AM
I sent a note to someone on Celine's team to let her know how proud we are of her. He wrote back to say he knows she will appreciate the encouragement. He is showing her the e-mail and Tatiana's auction, because I explained that the fans decided it was more important to take action than to just tell her they love her. She will be very proud of everyone who's trying to help!

THANK YOU Jenna!! :) You have done so much for us, and continue to. You are wonderful!

I am happy to say that I have been getting letters all day, and so many people have been even more motivated by Celine's words on Larry King. We are taking action. I think the auction that Tatiana is doing is a great idea, and I know that out of my huge Celine collection I will be putting something on eBay when I return from Las Vegas!

Thank you Jenna for letting Celine know how proud we are!
All the best;
Elisa

CertPharmT15
09-06-2005, 06:39 AM

Jenna, once again Thank You. I'm completely speechless, thank you for your generosity and kind words to us Celine fans. I don't know about the rest, but i'm pretty sure I can speak for most of us, if not all, We are your fans also!

Encore, Merci!

Ever

JennaGlatzer
09-06-2005, 07:09 AM
Thank you, too, Elisa and Ever!

Ever, is CVS donating those medications? What a great contrast... look at this post that just got me furious about a hospital in Mississippi:

http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?p=317514#post317514

CertPharmT15
09-06-2005, 07:35 AM

Ever, is CVS donating those medications? What a great contrast... look at this post that just got me furious about a hospital in Mississippi:

Jenna, I'm left dumbfounded with this hospital! We have received about 10 e-mail communications. All of them saying pretty much the same thing: "Do everything in your effort to help the displaced victims of Hurricane Katrina." CVS is pretty much giving medication away for free for the people that can't afford them. If you have lost your medication, if you have lost everything and you can't pay for the medication you can let them know, they can use their professional judgement and replace your medication. If you can't afford it you don't have to pay for it! If you have insurance and you can't pay your 20 dollar co-pay on the medication, we will wave it. We have received several instructions oh how to handle these claims. As the Lead Technician of my store I must say that I have helped one family that was from New Orleans and lost everything. She gave me her address and her zip-code. She told me she was staying with family members and I believe they were elderly people that she was staying with because she said they were on a fixed income. She seemed weak and a glaze was over her eyes, then a tear started coming out. Without a question I filled her medication and assisted her in getting the medications paid for so she woudln't have to pay anything. You know nowadays medication is not cheap, but the price issue never crossed through my mind while assiting her. It's just ridiculous how some people just take advantage of the situation in that hospital. Something should get done regarding this situation!!! :box:

darryl
09-06-2005, 08:08 AM
Unfortunately, it will get much worse before it gets better.

All those houses under water could have been saved if it lasted say a week or so, but it will take so long to get rid of the water, that most will have to be levelled and rebuilt.

That's not a few hundred, that's thousands.

In the mean time the local economy is ruined for many years. Most of the poor people, if they had jobs, would have worked in local service industries. Those are toast for more than just a month or two.

A 1,000 miles up north, grain that could be used to feed them lies pilling up in farmers warehouses and transfer points. Many barges will have to be completely replaced, taking months to build them all. Before that happens, the ones underwater in the Mississippi [etc] will have to be pulled up and removed.

*sigh*

If the federal government was smart, they'd create a temporary workforce out of the thousands now displaced and unemployable, pay them a fair wage and have them tear down and rebuilt all the affect areas. Much like the New Deal of that bygone day. That operation will take years to complete, so they can easily afford to train those people as trades- those people will be on welfare etc anyway. Once they have finished, those poor people will now have well developed skills in construction, a trade that typically permits a respectful wage, and opportunities for year round employment.

Give a person a fish, they eat for a day. Give them the skill to fish, they eat for a life time.

:Cheers:

PS: it's late, so please excuse the typos. I know this is hosted on a writers site, so hopefully the server won't crash due to all my errors!

darryl
09-06-2005, 08:19 AM

Thanks Jenna! :TheWave:

It's always tough for us to ask you to do these things. One does not want to take advantage, nor wear out our welcome. However, we also know that Céline's spirit has been hurt by this, and that the honest love shared with her fans does indeed help her- hence we are torn.

:Trophy: <=== For you! [There wasn't a GOLD STAR :) ]

TatiVale
09-06-2005, 02:34 PM
Jenna... what can I say? I'm speechless..again! :P All I can say is repeat what everybody said here: Thank you so very much!!! (5 words, u see..lol) I'm sure that Celine will be very proud of everyone - as you said :)
And as someone said here, I huess it was Ever (sp? sorry if I spelled it not correct) - we are your fans, too! :kiss: Thank you for your generosity, for being so kind with every body here. You rock!!!! :Clap:

Fanny
09-06-2005, 04:22 PM
Ah, THANK YOU! :) I am HAPPY that I am able to do this. Thanks to Fanny for coming up with this idea!!

Thanks to everyone who has sent letters, I have been getting so many throughout the day, the book is growing! :Clap:

Take care;
Elisa
:kiss:

godessceline
09-06-2005, 05:52 PM
Thank you Jenna for doing that, you're the best. And Tatiana and EVERYONE who's bidding on ehr auction! God I wish I could re-register with eBay to bid and help out. :( They won't elt me in you see. Bbut hey, there's always other ways. ;)

Filine
09-06-2005, 06:13 PM

I am proud to be among the people on this forum, you guys all ROCK!...Jenna thank you so much once again...

Cindy

Fanny
09-06-2005, 06:42 PM
Wow, I hadn't seen your message... That's just so cool... I hope she'll like the letters too !!!!

anghil5
09-06-2005, 08:33 PM
Awesome, Jenna! Thanks! I know Céline will appreciate it!Elisa, can we still send letters to you to be sent to Céline? I hope so! And..where do we send them?

Marisa Louise
09-06-2005, 10:12 PM
Wow. Just read what's goin' on.

Thanks, Jenna! Not much more to say besides that. You're an angel.

Marisa Louise
09-06-2005, 10:13 PM
Oh, and Cindy:

After your note I feel like mine is so........... lame. LOL. For once something short, from me! LOL.

Marisa Louise
09-06-2005, 10:15 PM
Awesome, Jenna! Thanks! I know Céline will appreciate it!Elisa, can we still send letters to you to be sent to Céline? I hope so! And..where do we send them?

Hey! Just to answer for her in case she doesn't get to get on until later, you have until the 6th in the evening to send them, I believe. She leaves for Vegas then. You can send it to her in a PM here or via an e-mail with her profile. Her e-mail has numbers that I don't have down by heart yet, in it, otherwise I'd PM it to ya'.

xx...

Teodora
09-06-2005, 11:06 PM
Thank you for sending that note to her Jenna! She must know we're backing her up and that we've never been more proud of her! :kiss:

ashleylovescéline
09-06-2005, 11:55 PM

Awww... thank you so much Jenna! :)

Filine
09-07-2005, 12:26 AM
Hi everyone,

I made a drawing today (of Céline and Elton John)...to auction off for the Victims of Hurricane Katrina. Please send this auction to everbody you know ;)

http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4765913982&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

The US Red Cross will receive all the proceeds from this auction!

Cindy

Celine's#1FanInGA
09-07-2005, 12:29 AM
Hey!

I am still here, first chance to get on the computer today. I have been working on the book for Celine, it is getting to be thick! :)

Anyone who wants to send a letter to Celine, you can PM it to me here or send it directly to my email address at LRowe35498@aol.com. I willl keep looking online for letters until 12 NOON tomorrow. I willl be leaving for the airport shortly after that.

Thanks again everyone for the letters for Celine, they are touching, wonderful, beyond words!

Take care;
Elisa

Filine
09-07-2005, 01:52 AM
I wonder how many you got, Elisa....

Celine's#1FanInGA
09-07-2005, 02:16 AM
I wonder how many you got, Elisa....

Well, as of right now (6:10 EST) I have gotten 32 letters!!! However, as I type this, I have received three more! It is wonderful! :Clap:

Thanks to everyone! :)

Elisa

TatiVale
09-07-2005, 02:35 AM
WOW, that's amazing Lisa!!! WOW :)

Piglot82
09-07-2005, 02:59 AM
I am completely furious right now. I have been reading alot of posts and comments on other message boards (both Celine and non Celine boards) and some of the things written have got me so mad. Usually I try to disregard the negative comments but this time it has really got under my skin. People are loosing focus of the real issues at hand.

I am so tired of reading about the fact that Celine is not an American so how can she comment on american politics. Who cares where she is from?!?! Everything she said was completely true. We (Americans) DO have a problem here, we ARE sending our soldiers to other countries and demolishing entire cities and at the same time there ARE hundreds of people stuck and dying in NO and it is NOT acceptable. People have such a double standard...If an American born celeb made those comments no one would have a problem but because Celine is Canadian its a problem. People just don't like to hear the truth, that's all.

I've read other things saying Celine made herself look like a fool by yelling and screaming. Sometimes that's the only way to be heard in this country! People are saying "oh Celine appologized for only being able to donate 1 million, if it didn't mean anything to her why didn't she do more?" I wanted to scream at those people and ask what have you done?? How much have you donated?? To me, I don't think the money was the issue. I think Celine was referring to being able to help in other ways, wanting to get food and water to them, wanting to rescue them from the hell that they are in.

Anyway...I'm usually not a political person but this is really getting to me now. Honestly this is the reason I avoided watching hurricane coverage on the news, I knew I would get too emotional and it would just get me too upset.

OK my rant is over, I think I just needed to get a few thing off my chest. It probably doesn't make any sense and looks like a bunch of random thought thrown together but I'm sure some of you know what I mean.

TatiVale
09-07-2005, 03:13 AM
I am completely furious right now. I have been reading alot of posts and comments on other message boards (both Celine and non Celine boards) and some of the things written have got me so mad. Usually I try to disregard the negative comments but this time it has really got under my skin. People are loosing focus of the real issues at hand.

I am so tired of reading about the fact that Celine is not an American so how can she comment on american politics. Who cares where she is from?!?! Everything she said was completely true. We (Americans) DO have a problem here, we ARE sending our soldiers to other countries and demolishing entire cities and at the same time there ARE hundreds of people stuck and dying in NO and it is NOT acceptable. People have such a double standard...If an American born celeb made those comments no one would have a problem but because Celine is Canadian its a problem. People just don't like to hear the truth, that's all.

I've read other things saying Celine made herself look like a fool by yelling and screaming. Sometimes that's the only way to be heard in this country! People are saying "oh Celine appologized for only being able to donate 1 million, if it didn't mean anything to her why didn't she do more?" I wanted to scream at those people and ask what have you done?? How much have you donated?? To me, I don't think the money was the issue. I think Celine was referring to being able to help in other ways, wanting to get food and water to them, wanting to rescue them from the hell that they are in.

Anyway...I'm usually not a political person but this is really getting to me now. Honestly this is the reason I avoided watching hurricane coverage on the news, I knew I would get too emotional and it would just get me too upset.

OK my rant is over, I think I just needed to get a few thing off my chest. It probably doesn't make any sense and looks like a bunch of random thought thrown together but I'm sure some of you know what I mean.
Stacy,
I so agree with everything you said ... but we cannot avoid the negative comments. They will always exist .. but WHO cares??? It's just a few ... many people said good things about what Celine said, and the most important thing: through her msg we are all here trying to help those people too :)

CertPharmT15
09-07-2005, 07:20 AM
Stacy,
I so agree with everything you said ... but we cannot avoid the negative comments. They will always exist .. but WHO cares??? It's just a few ... many people said good things about what Celine said, and the most important thing: through her msg we are all here trying to help those people too :)

I was bothered at what Bill O'Reilly said today regarding Celine. He said something like..."Celine donated a million dollars, that's awesome but she messed it up when she said that looting was ok. She should of kept her mouth shut" It was something like that, not to the exact words but something like it. There was a woman that came out and defended Celine and other artists that O'Reilly was picking at including Sean Penn. You just can't satisfy everyone. Celine donates a million dollars and all he sees in the comments she made. C'mon give me a break! :box:

darryl
09-07-2005, 07:29 AM
Hi everyone,

I made a drawing today (of Céline and Elton John)...to auction off for the Victims of Hurricane Katrina. Please send this auction to everbody you know ;)

http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4765913982&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

The US Red Cross will receive all the proceeds from this auction!

Cindy

I'll be seeing Elton in concert Wednesday evening here in Toronto. If the opportunity arises, I'll suggest he get into the bidding!

:banana:

TatiVale
09-07-2005, 07:32 AM
That's really cool Darryl!! Cindy will be happy :banana:
(Ps: I can't believe.. lol you're from Toronto or you are going there? lol ... You know, Toronto is my home!!! :) I left half of my heart over there,really -- say "hello" to Toronto for me! lol )

Marisa Louise
09-07-2005, 07:41 AM

Stace,

As you could assume I'm exactly where you are right now. Haven't had the chance to talk to you tonight yet, but what you said makes total sense to me and it's where I am at the moment. It didnt at all sound like random thought all put together. You know my advice for what you're going through and you know you can always call to rant to me. I've had more than my fair share today.

Looks like lots is comin' up for many of us today....no matter what the topic is or is about.

(hugs).

darryl
09-07-2005, 07:48 AM
That's really cool Darryl!! Cindy will be happy :banana:
(Ps: I can't believe.. lol you're from Toronto or you are going there? lol ... You know, Toronto is my home!!! :) I left half of my heart over there,really -- say "hello" to Toronto for me! lol )

I was born in Ottawa, went to University in Waterloo, worked in the film industry in Montreal and NYC for a while. Now, Mississauga is my home.

It has been a much warmer than normal summer- very little rain. Easily many days between 32c-40c!

Global warming to be sure- you should see the glaciers, or lack of, in both Canada and Sweden. It's down right scary to see them melted up to 30 miles short of their shortest marks for the past 1,000 years or so.

Anyway, Brasilia is a neat place too. Heart breaking in some areas, wonderous in others.

"I've got the world on a string..." :Guitar:

PS: We need a signing emoicon!

Filine
09-07-2005, 11:03 AM
I'll be seeing Elton in concert Wednesday evening here in Toronto. If the opportunity arises, I'll suggest he get into the bidding!

:banana:

Maybe Elton can spare a million too? :idea: I adore you Darryl :kiss:

godessceline
09-07-2005, 03:55 PM
I was bothered at what Bill O'Reilly said today regarding Celine. He said something like..."Celine donated a million dollars, that's awesome but she messed it up when she said that looting was ok. She should of kept her mouth shut" It was something like that, not to the exact words but something like it. There was a woman that came out and defended Celine and other artists that O'Reilly was picking at including Sean Penn. You just can't satisfy everyone. Celine donates a million dollars and all he sees in the comments she made. C'mon give me a break! :box:

I agree with Céline when she said that the looting is NOT the problem here! People are so narrow minded it scares me. :box:

Stacey; I can totally udnerstand your feelings, but this was an occasion where people who would normally dismiss Céline as a "drama queen" stood up and took a bow for her. The positive reatcions of the general public are wayyy overshadowing the negatives so try and focus on that. :) Also, I find the difference between what Céline did and Sean Penn did immense. I do not know the full story so I apologize in beforehand if I got this the wrong way but what the heck was a camera team doing in that boat of his? One more crew person, even if it's jut one, in that boat means one less stranded person saved, and what's the point of "helping" if you only want to get credit yourself? That camera had no business there IMO!

darryl
09-07-2005, 06:34 PM
Maybe Elton can spare a million too? :idea: I adore you Darryl :kiss:

:hooray:

Elton has already donated as well, unless you mean I should hit him up for another million! lol.

I wish there was an emoicon for blushing. :heart:

:snoopy:

TatiVale
09-07-2005, 08:24 PM
I'm so upset now. Frustaded and everything ... :mad: My friend and I decided to donate our stuffs from Celine on eBay as you know ... and all of suddenly eBay deleted our auction with a reason I can't understand. All they said is on an automatic mgs (those that are the same for everybody) telling that as I could understand put the missionfish on our auction. You know .. I can't understand why they do that without asking before or something .. I have no idea how my friend opened the auction - I mean, all the process (options) - and I know, if we did soemthing wrong was because we really didn't know. I feel so sad for that. We tried to help people -- we tired to say we are honest, doing everything very clear ... and then, it happened. My friend doens't want to aopen an auction online again on eBay. He simply doesn't trust on eBay anymore and is so upset too.
I'm so sorry for that. I feel ... I don't know what to say.
Good luck Cindy with your auction. I bid on it.
Thank you,Tatiana :cry:

Fanny
09-07-2005, 08:55 PM
I'm so upset now. Frustaded and everything ... :mad: My friend and I decided to donate our stuffs from Celine on eBay as you know ... and all of suddenly eBay deleted our auction with a reason I can't understand. All they said is on an automatic mgs (those that are the same for everybody) telling that as I could understand put the missionfish on our auction. You know .. I can't understand why they do that without asking before or something .. I have no idea how my friend opened the auction - I mean, all the process (options) - and I know, if we did soemthing wrong was because we really didn't know. I feel so sad for that. We tried to help people -- we tired to say we are honest, doing everything very clear ... and then, it happened. My friend doens't want to aopen an auction online again on eBay. He simply doesn't trust on eBay anymore and is so upset too.
??? Do they usually do that ??? What a shame. :mad:

Filine
09-07-2005, 09:03 PM
??? Do they usually do that ??? What a shame. :mad:

WHYYYY???

TatiVale
09-07-2005, 09:11 PM
WHYYYY???
I don't know ....
all we got was that e-mail ...I think we can't open auction to donate money without the foundation authorized ... I don't know ...

Fanny
09-07-2005, 09:21 PM
I don't know ....
all we got was that e-mail ...I think we can't open auction to donate money without the foundation authorized ... I don't know ...
You could try to open a new one and don't say it's for the foundation... but I know you're mad and you don't trust them anymore

darryl
09-07-2005, 09:32 PM

Can you cut and paste the exact email text here? Maybe they feel that some of the material is copyrighted?

Anyway, if you post the exact email perhaps we can better understand the nature of the problem.

:Shrug:

Filine
09-07-2005, 09:36 PM
Tati let me read the e-mail and it seems that auctioning without prior permission of the charity can't be allowed. We didn't know that so I guess they will remove mine soon too...we'll see what happend...I can understand it, but it's a shame for the people who mean well

TatiVale
09-07-2005, 09:44 PM
eBay encourages community members to be active in supporting charitable endeavors. Because charitable fundraising is a highly regulated area subject to numerous state and federal laws, eBay has partnered with MissionFish to make charitable listing easy and has created very specific guidelines for when charitable solicitations will be allowed on eBay.
>
> Non-MissionFish listings
>
> 1. Sellers may only list items on behalf of a charity if the charity has provided advance written consent for the solicitation. To prove that you have obtained that consent, you must include a scanned copy of the consent in the listing.
> 2. Sellers may only solicit on behalf of recognized 501c3 or 501c4 charitable organizations.
>
> MissionFish listings
>
> 1. Sellers may only list items via MissionFish on eBay that meet the MissionFish listing guidelines, including the guidelines designed to obtain advance consent from the charities.
> 2. Sellers may only solicit on behalf of recognized 501c3 or 501c4 charitable organizations
That's the e-mail my freind got. Thnak you all for your support! Really, form the bottom of my heart :Hug2:

darryl
09-07-2005, 09:55 PM
[/font][/size][/font]
That's the e-mail my freind got. Thnak you all for your support! Really, form the bottom of my heart :Hug2:

Ok. Now I understand.

The problem is that in many countries, a charity may gather items from people for free, and then sell them to raise money for RECOGNIZED needy people. They are not required to pay taxes on the "profit" and also get other financial benefits like low cost loans, grants, etc.

The reason why they are very careful to regulate this is because there are many dishonest people that will use a charity for personal gain. Since it can be difficult for eBAY and others to tell the difference, they want to protect their customers- the people who bid. Not only is it necessary to do so for legal reasons, it is also the moral thing to do.

Therefore eBAY has partnered with this company that lists officially recognized charities. If an auction is by someone NOT on the official list, they cancel it rather than risk people taking advantage.

I know in your case you are being honest and true. However, there have already been dozens of news reports of people all over the world saying they are collecting for the relief efforts, only to have the people donating find out that it's just another scam.

Perhaps you could go to the Red Cross in your town and have them sent offical word to eBAY etc to permit the auction? The Red Cross could then funnel the money you raise to the Red Cross in affect area?

Just thinking!

Celine's#1FanInGA
09-07-2005, 10:29 PM
HI everyone!

I wanted to send over a quick note to say I am on my way out the door for the airport. I had reported a total number of letters elsewhere but just received one last letter. Total number of letters going to Celine....57! :Clap:

Thanks everyone! Take care, and I will chat with you when I return.

All the best;
Elisa

Fanny
09-07-2005, 10:43 PM
Byeeeeeeeeee, have fun !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks a lot !!

TatiVale
09-07-2005, 11:01 PM
Lisa, have fun!!! wow
Darryl, the thing is that mission fish is only for US residents so Icant be part of the program... :*(

Marisa Louise
09-08-2005, 02:33 AM
Elisa, I know you're gone... but

I don't know if 5 is a favrite number of yours but a favorite number of Jil's is 7 and Céline's is 5. In Vegas 7 is a great number.... so....

I think that's a good sign.

YOUR TRIP IS GONNA BE GREAT, LADAY!

(don't know why I'm posting this... I'll be talking to you on the phone in about 3 and a half hours!)

TatiVale
09-08-2005, 05:24 AM
I love number 7 too. :)
Yeah, she will have a lot of fun there! :) wow
Say 'hello' from me, Marisa, to Elisa :) hehe

Annabanana
09-08-2005, 06:24 AM
I think there's an easier solution, Tatiana. An American can just post it for you.

CertPharmT15
09-08-2005, 08:41 AM
Elisa, I know you're gone... but

I don't know if 5 is a favrite number of yours but a favorite number of Jil's is 7 and Céline's is 5. In Vegas 7 is a great number.... so....

I think that's a good sign.

YOUR TRIP IS GONNA BE GREAT, LADAY!

(don't know why I'm posting this... I'll be talking to you on the phone in about 3 and a half hours!)

Say hi to her from me also!! I was at work and I was thinking OMG she's in Vegas already! lol What a dork!

godessceline
09-08-2005, 03:28 PM
Tatiana: I got screwed on eBay when someone stated I hadn't paid them when I had -twice, I never learn not to do it by mail, my own fault- and I got blocked so I don't know how this works unfortunately. I suppose you could write the Red Cross or whichever company you wanna send the winnings too and ask them for a written permission. I guess eBay deleted the eauction cos there was no proof that the winnings were actually gonna go to charity, and since there are ruthless people in this world, I think they couldn't be sure (since they don't know you like we do :kiss: ) that you weren't just saying that so that people would bid more; hence you getting more money for yourself. I hope this will work out, you have such a GOOD heart and you're an angel for setting this auction up in the first place. We love you girl! Actually...If your friend doesn't want to do another auction, I could always take her place and chip in with somethign from my collection? You'd have to set it up though cos I'm blocked with eBay like I said. I'll see what I can find and I'll let you know! :)

CertPharmT15
09-08-2005, 05:13 PM
Tatiana: I got screwed on eBay when someone stated I hadn't paid them when I had -twice, I never learn not to do it by mail, my own fault- and I got blocked so I don't know how this works unfortunately. I suppose you could write the Red Cross or whichever company you wanna send the winnings too and ask them for a written permission. I guess eBay deleted the eauction cos there was no proof that the winnings were actually gonna go to charity, and since there are ruthless people in this world, I think they couldn't be sure (since they don't know you like we do :kiss: ) that you weren't just saying that so that people would bid more; hence you getting more money for yourself. I hope this will work out, you have such a GOOD heart and you're an angel for setting this auction up in the first place. We love you girl! Actually...If your friend doesn't want to do another auction, I could always take her place and chip in with somethign from my collection? You'd have to set it up though cos I'm blocked with eBay like I said. I'll see what I can find and I'll let you know! :)

You guys rock just for doing what you guys are doing! Thank you for all your help with this disaster! I will be going to Mississippi on Monday (hopefully!) Thank you guys again!

anghil5
09-08-2005, 06:46 PM
I want to go down there and help SOOOO bad! I would give anything to do that. If I knew I would still have my job when I got back, and I wan't taking classes at the college right now, I would leave in a heartbeat. It's so sad. And they need SO many more volunteers!

Filine
09-08-2005, 07:39 PM
Maman Dion and Céline's sister, Claudette, saw Céline's appearance at Larry King's show only yesterday. Watching the footages where Céline was crying out her anger concerning those terrible events happening in New-Orleans, they said: "We are so proud of her, Céline said out loud what everybody thinks!!"

:D

CertPharmT15
09-08-2005, 09:19 PM
Maman Dion and Céline's sister, Claudette, saw Céline's appearance at Larry King's show only yesterday. Watching the footages where Céline was crying out her anger concerning those terrible events happening in New-Orleans, they said: "We are so proud of her, Céline said out loud what everybody thinks!!"

:D

Awww...We are very proud of her also! If she only knew how proud we are!

CertPharmT15
09-08-2005, 09:24 PM
I want to go down there and help SOOOO bad! I would give anything to do that. If I knew I would still have my job when I got back, and I wan't taking classes at the college right now, I would leave in a heartbeat. It's so sad. And they need SO many more volunteers!

I feel you, I wanted to go on my own last week but I was held back because of my job and school. To my surprise the day before yesterday, on Tuesday, I was at work and decided to check the papers on the fax machine that came through and there it was. "CVS/Pharmacy is looking for people that want to volunteer and go to Mississippi..." I called them on a heartbeat! I took that fax to school and I got permission from my professors and hopefully I'll be heading out on Monday to start dispensing medication to those in need.

I was thinking of that song "Could of, Should of, Would of" that line that goes "If it's meant to be, don't think about it!" You'll be there in spirit and you'll be able to motivate me just knowing that you are willing to go when I have those 16 hour days. Thank again!

Fanny
09-08-2005, 09:56 PM
Awww...We are very proud of her also! If she only knew how proud we are!
Hey !! Why do you think we sent her 57 letters... to let her know how proud we are! :)

CertPharmT15
09-08-2005, 11:05 PM
Hey !! Why do you think we sent her 57 letters... to let her know how proud we are! :)

True!!! mine is in there also! what a dork

Marisa Louise
09-08-2005, 11:42 PM
Elisa is arranging the basket for Céline as we speak. She had already planned on a small gift. In the basket are a few candles, a heating thermal pad, that Jenna had mentioned Céline likes, chocolate, tea & honey, and other relaxational devices.

This will be delivered with the letter early, before the show this evening. She will have all of our thoughts very soon.

Fanny
09-08-2005, 11:51 PM
Elisa is arranging the basket for Céline as we speak. She had already planned on a small gift. In the basket are a few candles, a heating thermal pad, that Jenna had mentioned Céline likes, chocolate, tea & honey, and other relaxational devices.

This will be delivered with the letter early, before the show this evening. She will have all of our thoughts very soon.
Thanks for the information :kiss: that's so cool, she's so nice! Céline will definitely LOVE it.

Filine
09-08-2005, 11:52 PM
How nice to think about that...that she'll go on stage with all those best wishes and all this support...it's gonna be one heck of a showwwww....

ashleylovescéline
09-09-2005, 12:38 AM
How nice to think about that...that she'll go on stage with all those best wishes and all this support...it's gonna be one heck of a showwwww....

I know... awww. I hope she has time to read through them! I'm so glad Elisa did this!

Marisa Louise
09-09-2005, 01:21 AM
Yeah. The cool thing is that Elisa had the basket idea before any of the hurricane mess came around. So it's even more meaningful, in my mind....even more "cool" I guess would be a better comment.

I hope she will as well. But from the sounds of it, I think it should be waiting in her dressing room for her when she walks in to get ready this evening.

TatiVale
09-09-2005, 01:28 AM
Yeah. The cool thing is that Elisa had the basket idea before any of the hurricane mess came around. So it's even more meaningful, in my mind....even more "cool" I guess would be a better comment.

I hope she will as well. But from the sounds of it, I think it should be waiting in her dressing room for her when she walks in this evening.
Yeah, I think that too! :) And then she almost gave up of giving the basket to Celine ... 'cause she thought Celine would appreciate more if she (lisa) donated it to the victims of the hurricane (she would get the money form the items back) .. I tried to convince her not to give up .. lol I said: You can do both hehehe --- That was a great idea, really :) Lisa you rock!!! :) i'm sure Celine will love the basket!

Marisa Louise
09-09-2005, 01:35 AM
Hopefully she'll put it to good use....

Get away a little. Turn the TV off, take a bath with René and the candles, have some tea with honey by her side , eat some chocolates, and then use her heating pad to just relax later this evening.

That's what she needs.

anghil5
09-09-2005, 01:47 AM
Awwe, that's so sweet! I'm sure she will love it so much! Good thinkin'! I can't wait until she gets it!

Marisa Louise
09-09-2005, 01:51 AM
It really was good thinkin'. The thing that I like about Elisa is that she just gets things and sends them. Me, I'm thinking, if I see something, that I want to get it for Céline or René-Charles but I get paranoid "will so and so think that I'm writing too often........."

Elisa just sends it. Fearless.

TatiVale
09-09-2005, 01:54 AM
It really was good thinkin'. The thing that I like about Elisa is that she just gets things and sends them. Me, I'm thinking, if I see something, that I want to get it for Céline or René-Charles but I get paranoid "will so and so think that I'm writing too often........."

Elisa just sends it. Fearless.
What do fear Marisa? hehe C'mon! :)
and what is heating pad ? I have no idea really hehe thanks!!! :)

Marisa Louise
09-09-2005, 02:07 AM
LOL fear I do have!!!

A heating pad is like a little pillow with beans or with herbs in it that when you pop it into teh microwave or even some in teh freezer and put it on your body it gives you warmth or heat. They're very relaxing.

TatiVale
09-09-2005, 04:12 AM
LOL fear I do have!!!

A heating pad is like a little pillow with beans or with herbs in it that when you pop it into teh microwave or even some in teh freezer and put it on your body it gives you warmth or heat. They're very relaxing.
I meant lol why you do have fear,....lol you got it right!? lol (I'm so ZZzzz now sorry lol)

I never heard about that ... although I know I need one of this .. lol I'm ppfff lol :P

CertPharmT15
09-09-2005, 05:43 AM
I can't wait to hear from Elisa! She must feel wonderful delivering that basket! Elisa you rock!

Marisa Louise
09-09-2005, 07:14 AM
I meant lol why you do have fear,....lol you got it right!? lol (I'm so ZZzzz now sorry lol)

I never heard about that ... although I know I need one of this .. lol I'm ppfff lol :P

I don't know. I just get afraid that if I send too much someone's going to think that I'm overdoing it or that I'm doing it for other purposes. I don't ever want something to seem that way. And I feel weird because I know someone so it's like.... with this specific person... they'd always see what I wrote or sent and it's just.... awkward.

CertPharmT15
09-09-2005, 07:43 AM
I feel you Marisa! You don't want to make it seem like you are trying to hit on that person huh!??!! lol j/k

Piglot82
09-09-2005, 07:44 AM
lol, maybe she is...:scared:

Marisa Louise
09-09-2005, 08:12 AM
LOL Noh whey. That's Cathy.

No... I just don't want it to seem like........ never mind there is no safe way to say what I want to.

Fanny
09-09-2005, 11:27 AM
LOL Marisa... I'm dying to know where's Elisa and what she diiiiiidddddddddd:box:

TatiVale
09-09-2005, 02:47 PM
I bet she got the rose!!!!! hehe That is her dream! :)

Marisa: There's nothing to fear ... (lol) you know? :) Just go ahead and think: Well, Im sending this gift to Celine with all my heart ... period! :) heheh

godessceline
09-09-2005, 03:56 PM
Marisa: I know the feeling... although if I was to send tons of letters and gifts they wouldn't remember it was from the same person anyway cos she gets so much. You, on the other hand...well, they sorta "know" you. In a good way. So go for it!

I ADORE the basket idea, it sounds so great! :kiss:

Oh and Tatiana, you never got back to be about the acution but anywhoooo, I have decided to set up a hurricane Kkatrina charity auction on eBay including the Céline and René weddingalbum issued by 7 Jours, a mint condition copy of "Les Plus Grands Succées", and the 45 RPM LP single of "Ne Partez Pas Sans Moi", in picture sleeve from 1988. (seen here: http://img.yezzz.com/fi2187442.jpeg) I don't know if anyone read my last message here, but I'm banned form eBay so I'll need someone to help me. :Shrug:

CertPharmT15
09-09-2005, 04:55 PM
I bet she got the rose!!!!! hehe That is her dream! :)

Marisa: There's nothing to fear ... (lol) you know? :) Just go ahead and think: Well, Im sending this gift to Celine with all my heart ... period! :) heheh

That would be awesome if she did! I also want to hear everything that she did!! lol can't wait!

TatiVale
09-09-2005, 07:16 PM
Marisa: I know the feeling... although if I was to send tons of letters and gifts they wouldn't remember it was from the same person anyway cos she gets so much. You, on the other hand...well, they sorta "know" you. In a good way. So go for it!

I ADORE the basket idea, it sounds so great! :kiss:

Oh and Tatiana, you never got back to be about the acution but anywhoooo, I have decided to set up a hurricane Kkatrina charity auction on eBay including the Céline and René weddingalbum issued by 7 Jours, a mint condition copy of "Les Plus Grands Succées", and the 45 RPM LP single of "Ne Partez Pas Sans Moi", in picture sleeve from 1988. (seen here: http://img.yezzz.com/fi2187442.jpeg) I don't know if anyone read my last message here, but I'm banned form eBay so I'll need someone to help me. :Shrug:

Yeah, I didnt because if I do that again eBay will delete the auction again. We haven't found yet anyone to help us. We will wait a bit, until my friend cousin gets a free time and will be able to help us., 'cause neither me nor my friend want to be banned form eBay ... pppfff hehe
I hope you can find someone to help, if I were from US I would, but I can't do that. But I think that just the feeling of wanting to help is great! :)

CertPharmT15
09-10-2005, 09:27 AM

Hey Jenna! I don't think you ever got your answer! By the way... I will be traveling to Mississippi with CVS/Pharmacy to dispense medication to the less fortunate. We leave on Monday hopefully if everything as far as the plan is concerned doesn't change!

Jenna, I'm left dumbfounded with this hospital! We have received about 10 e-mail communications. All of them saying pretty much the same thing: "Do everything in your effort to help the displaced victims of Hurricane Katrina." CVS is pretty much giving medication away for free for the people that can't afford them. If you have lost your medication, if you have lost everything and you can't pay for the medication you can let them know, they can use their professional judgement and replace your medication. If you can't afford it you don't have to pay for it! If you have insurance and you can't pay your 20 dollar co-pay on the medication, we will wave it. We have received several instructions oh how to handle these claims. As the Lead Technician of my store I must say that I have helped one family that was from New Orleans and lost everything. She gave me her address and her zip-code. She told me she was staying with family members and I believe they were elderly people that she was staying with because she said they were on a fixed income. She seemed weak and a glaze was over her eyes, then a tear started coming out. Without a question I filled her medication and assisted her in getting the medications paid for so she woudln't have to pay anything. You know nowadays medication is not cheap, but the price issue never crossed through my mind while assiting her. It's just ridiculous how some people just take advantage of the situation in that hospital. Something should get done regarding this situation!!! :box:

Marisa Louise
09-10-2005, 10:28 AM
Elisa will be back soon. She will have some stories to share. But I want to leave them for HER to share.

Fanny
09-10-2005, 12:07 PM
Exciiiiiitiiiiiiing !

Mrs. Dion
09-10-2005, 03:27 PM
Well this all occurred while I was at work...... LMFAO, a few text messages and such from peeps and Tal had me listen to it over the phone while I was on my break..... but as I didn't have my computer I was mad that I couldn't see the visual! Luckily enough for me I was watching TV lata that night and it appeared again at like 3:30am, LMFAO. All I can say is WOW........ She had an incredible lot to say which is much different than usual!!!! Such passion.... gotta love it:Hail:

Filine
09-10-2005, 03:56 PM
I can't wait to hear Elisa's stories :)

TatiVale
09-10-2005, 04:29 PM
I can't wait to hear Elisa's stories :)
Me too!!!!!!!!!! :)

Marisa Louise
09-10-2005, 09:38 PM
Well this all occurred while I was at work...... LMFAO, a few text messages and such from peeps and Tal had me listen to it over the phone while I was on my break..... but as I didn't have my computer I was mad that I couldn't see the visual! Luckily enough for me I was watching TV lata that night and it appeared again at like 3:30am, LMFAO. All I can say is WOW........ She had an incredible lot to say which is much different than usual!!!! Such passion.... gotta love it:Hail:

Yea.....

Cathy, you probably wanted to lick the tears from her face and give her a "massage" ( :whip: )to make her feel better. :rolleyes:

TatiVale
09-10-2005, 09:42 PM
Yea.....

Cathy, you probably wanted to lick the tears from her face and give her a "massage" ( :whip: )to make her feel better. :rolleyes:
What are you talking about?????? hehehe

Filine
09-10-2005, 10:16 PM
I don't even wanna knowww...:ROFL:

darryl
09-10-2005, 11:54 PM
I don't even wanna knowww...:ROFL:

Sure you do!

We all like to live vicariously

:TheWave:

CertPharmT15
09-11-2005, 01:09 AM
Ohh no my virgin ears/eyes! lol j/k

Celine's#1FanInGA
09-11-2005, 01:18 AM
Hey everyone!

I am back from wonderful Vegas! :) I will write more in detail tomorrow, (have SO much to do) but I did want to send over a quick note to let you all know that Celine DID get the book (and the basket) It was taken down to her dressing room Thursday before the show (but don't know if she saw it before the show though?) I met some new people while I was there, and all in all a great trip! Again, I will post more tomorrow (promise!) I am off now to celebrate my birthday (a few days later) with family.

You all take care, and thank you again for all your kind words, notes, and for all the wonderful/awesome/sweet/touching, (I could go on and on) letters that you sent for Celine's book.

Talk to you soon;
Elisa

CertPharmT15
09-11-2005, 01:24 AM
Hey everyone!

I am back from wonderful Vegas! :) I will write more in detail tomorrow, (have SO much to do) but I did want to send over a quick note to let you all know that Celine DID get the book (and the basket) It was taken down to her dressing room Thursday before the show (but don't know if she saw it before the show though?) I met some new people while I was there, and all in all a great trip! Again, I will post more tomorrow (promise!) I am off now to celebrate my birthday (a few days later) with family.

You all take care, and thank you again for all your kind words, notes, and for all the wonderful/awesome/sweet/touching, (I could go on and on) letters that you sent for Celine's book.

Talk to you soon;
Elisa

ELISA!!!!!!! You're back!!!!!!!!!!! WE WERE waiting for you to come back! Go rest and party and do what you gotta do! Muah! lol

Fanny
09-11-2005, 01:26 AM
WELCOME BACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK :)

ashleylovescéline
09-11-2005, 01:37 AM
Hey everyone!

Talk to you soon;
Elisa

Welcome back! I can't wait to hear more about your trip! And I know I've said this to you a zillion times already, but thanks so much for delivering the book (& basket) and involving us all in it!! :)

Annabanana
09-11-2005, 02:00 AM
Cathy is just wrong.

Filine
09-11-2005, 02:03 AM
I think she read them all ;) it's just a feeling I have :D Thanks Elisa!!!!

CertPharmT15
09-11-2005, 02:10 AM
I have that feeling too! If she read them before the show I can just imagine how that show was ... The enthusiasm and if it was after I can imagine how the meet and greets went ... She must of been super excited!

Mrs. Dion
09-11-2005, 04:45 AM
Yea.....

HEY, now now now, I never said anything of that sort!!! Stop putting words into my mouth!!!! :Lecture:

But on the other hand....... a nice dip in the hot tub.....

CertPharmT15
09-11-2005, 05:06 AM
HEY, now now now, I never said anything of that sort!!! Stop putting words into my mouth!!!! :Lecture:

But on the other hand....... a nice dip in the hot tub.....

LOL

Mrs. Dion
09-11-2005, 05:07 AM
What can I say.........................

Hot tubs make way for total relaxation.........

CertPharmT15
09-11-2005, 05:08 AM
What can I say.........................

Hot tubs make way for total relaxation.........

I agree! I remember Caesars Palace... AHHH I want to go back!

Mrs. Dion
09-11-2005, 05:11 AM
Oh I remember Celine's hot tub....

I MEAN

CertPharmT15
09-11-2005, 05:12 AM

I MEAN

LOL...Those hot tubs/bathrooms are unreal! lol

TatiVale
09-11-2005, 05:31 AM
Welcome backk Lisa!!!! :)

CertPharmT15
09-11-2005, 05:39 AM
Your awake Tati!! lol you're alwayz ZZzzzZZzz lol

Piglot82
09-11-2005, 09:08 AM

I MEAN

*shakes head*:Smack: ohhh...Cathy

Mrs. Dion
09-11-2005, 12:45 PM
*shakes head*:Smack: ohhh...Cathy

Well I TRIED to fix the stuff Marisa was trying to put into my mouth........ but you know me.... after a serious quip the next thought is gonna be naughty :ROFL:

Celine's#1FanInGA
09-12-2005, 12:29 AM
Hey everyone!

I wish I could write up a review of my trip as great as Marisa does. I almost thought about asking her to write it out for me, since she always makes you feel like you are there.

Anyway, here you go.

I arrived in Vegas around 7:30 Wednesday night. I waited outside the airport waiting, and waiting for the shuttle bus. I was the ONLY one waiting for Bus #5 too. After about 30 minutes another bus driver came over and said he would break the rules and let me get on his bus. He said "after all this is Vegas, Sin City, so we are allowed to break the rules." I of course jumped at the chance of breaking the rules because I was tired of standing there waiting. While I was on the bus on my way to the hotel, I listened to my messages on my cell phone. I had one from "Celine" aka Marisa welcoming me to Las Vegas, and wishing me a "Happy B'day." I can't get over Marisa and how much she sounds like Celine. I actually felt like I had a b'day message from Celine (this message is a keeper!) :) I then heard a message from my contact that a friend of hers had gotten me a ticket to Wednesday's show, but I wasn't going to get there in time. : ( I couldn't believe my luck (or lack of) A chance to go to the show two nights in a row, and I am missing out on it. I didn't get to Caesars Palace until almost 9, and by the time I got registered and to my room it was close to 9:30. I went to the Coliseum around 10, and waited on my friend. She came out and saw me, and wanted to know WHERE I had been, that her friend had a ticket for me. She thought I was getting into Vegas in the afternoon (which I usually do) Mixed communication, and I missed out on the show Wednesday night. A sign of things to come? Hmmm...
After chatting with my friend, and several of her friends, we said our goodnight's and I went over to Celine's store. I always get more then I should (who doesn't?) ; ) I visit the store at least 2-3 times a day when I am there, and always come out with MORE then I had planned to (again, who doesn't?) ; ) I walked around the hotel, went over to Cypress Street for some pizza, sat and people watched, and just "hung out." I got back to my room around 2am, and fell into bed. :sleepy: Oh speaking of bed, I couldn't believe my room!! I had never stayed at Caesars Palace before, and I couldn't believe the standard room. King size bed, living room area, chase lounge, huge bathroom with a Jacuzzi tub. I felt like a "queen" and like I said, this was just the standard room. I can just imagine what kind of room the rich folks, the high rollers get.

Thursday morning, (my b'day) I slept in a little longer then I had planned. Hey, it was my b'day, and I decided I was going to relax and do exactly what I wanted. ; ) I had wanted to go over to the Mirage and see Siegfried and Roy's Secret Garden. Seeing the dolphins, sitting by the pool area where they were, and "talking" with them....ahhh, so relaxing. The lions, tigers, all the animals there were having a relaxing day too, they were ALL asleep, not one of them woke up the entire time I was there. LOL After spending about 2 hours there, I decided I better head back to the hotel and get Celine's basket put together. I got back to Caesars around 4, checked messages, talked on the phone a little while, and then started work on the basket. I tried to arrange everything, and fix the basket up where it would at least somewhat reassemble a professional did it. ; ) I had these items in the basket; two boxes of hot tea, mixed flavors, two small jars of honey, a tea/coffee mug, a tin of chocolate, a small box of chocolate, a little wind up adorable frog that danced sideways when you winded it up, a little frog with magnets in its "hands" and feet so it would "hug" the basket, a thermal wrap for Celine to put around her neck, and a candle. I think that is all I had in there, I could be forgetting something though. After I got everything organized in the basket, I wrapped it up with clear wrap, and put a bow on it. The book full of letters, and Celine's basket were ready to go. I then started to get myself ready for the show. I wore some black pants and A NEW DAY black and red shirt. I had all my Celine bracelets on too. ;)

I met my friend down at the front doors of the Colossium, and I could tell she was upset. She told me that just that morning her dear friend (who also works at the Colosseum) Terry Parsons (who worked for Concerts West) had passed away in his sleep. She had just talked to him not 24 hours before, she was in shock. Everyone there was in shock. I had met and talked to him again when I was there in July, and met his wife (who also works there) for the first time in July. They were such an adorable, happy couple. I couldn't believe the news. A grief counselor had been called in to talk to anyone who needed to talk. Everyone one just numb, in disbelief. It is hard enough to lose someone when that person has been sick, but to be talking to someone just the day before, and then the next day they aren't there....total shock and disbelief. I was so sad for everyone, so sad for my friend, so sad for his wife. Even with all that my friend had on her mind, she and another coworker came and got the basket for Celine, and the book of letters and said "don't worry, we will take care of this, and make sure it gets down to Celine."
Everyone that works there, they are all like an extended family to each other, and I could see in everyone's eyes the sadness that they felt losing their dear coworker.................

I left my friends, and went to get something to drink and just sit and absorb it all in. I went back to the Coliseum right at 7, and went in to visit with my friends some more. I met and talked with the grief counselor too, a wonderful woman who I am so glad that was there for everyone to talk with.

The doors opened at 7:45, and I went to find my seat. I was sitting at ORCH 5, front row, seat 507. I was so close to the stage, that I used the steps that lead up to the stage as a footrest. ; ) I went over and found Jillian, who I have chatted with online, but never met. It was great to finally meet her, and we chatted for a few minutes before I went back to my seat. Jillian was in ORCH 3, front row! I chatted with a couple behind me from Canada who were seeing the show for the first time, and I assured them that they were going to LOVE the show!! A friend who is a security guard came over to talk, and he told the couple that Celine's show is the BEST on the strip, and he wasn't just saying that because he worked there! : ) A few minutes past 8:30 we heard the breaking glass, and the show was starting!!! Celine was of course wonderful, awesome, terrific, you all get the idea. :Cheer:
I was SO happy to be spending my b'day with her. My dream that I had for myself at the first of the year had some true. Front row on my b'day seeing Celine! You know how you always think Celine is looking at you at certain times, sees you wave, and she waves back, smiles back right at you? Well, I had a few of those moments too! I had no idea if Celine had seen the book of letters and the basket before the show, but at least I knew it had gotten to her, and she would see them if she hadn't already! I loved each and every song, but I gotta say I always LOVE to hear "I Surrender," the emotion that Celine puts into that song. Celine told us how she loves that she is so close to us that she can talk with us, and hear us when we talk to her (this being after a few people had yelled out "We love you Celine!") : ) Of course during "I'm Alive" , "Love Can Move Mountains," and "I Drove All Night", Jillian and I were up dancing. I am happy to say that a young couple sitting next to me were up dancing with me too, . They were really enjoying themselves, and it was great to have them dancing and singing right along with me. The show was over with before you knew it, it seemed like it had just started, and then it was over. Many of my friends had so hoped I would get the rose, but I did not. Jillian did not get the rose either. A woman sitting two seats down from Jillian did. Oh well, I had spent my birthday with Celine, seeing the show, I was happy and content (though I will not lie, it would have been great to get the rose!) ;)

I turned and ask the couple behind me who were seeing the show for the first time, what they thought. They agreed with me, said the show was AWESOME, Celine is so genuine and real, and how much they enjoyed the show!! :) I then met up with Jillian and her sister and we went and talked with my friend for a few minutes, then she had to get back to work. Jillian and her sister went to meet some of the dancers as they came out. I joined them a few minutes later, and after a few minutes Elijah came out! We signaled for him to come over, and he came right over. He was listening to a message on his phone. He smiled and said "long message." After he got off the phone, I ask him if I could have a picture made with him for my b'day. He smiled and said "of course." He talked with us for a few minutes, talking to us about the show, wished me a happy birthday and he was on his way. He is such a sweetheart, I was happy to have finally met him! :) Celine's brother, Michel came out, he waved, but did not come over. I am sure he was very upset about his coworker. We did not push him either, and try to get him to come over. After waiting a little while longer, Jillian and her sister had to leave as they were leaving to go home early the next morning. We said our good-bye's, and I went back to Celine's store. I talked with a few people that work there, bought a few more things, and I was then off to find something to eat. I got back to my room around 2:30am, ordered a chocolate shake from room service (how great that was)! watched a little TV, and then fell into bed again.

I had to check out of the hotel the next morning (Friday) by 11am. I was up and out by 10am. I went and checked my bags with the bell captain, went and had breakfast, and spent the rest of the day walking, sight-seeing. I decided I was going to Madame Tussauds. I hadn't had a chance to go the other times I was in Vegas, so I took advantage of having time this trip. I bought my ticket, and ask the girl at the desk WHEN they would be getting Celine in the museum? I told her that when I was here in 2003, that I heard she would be there in 2004, and still, NO CELINE?!?!?! She said that they go by popularity, and that Celine is not one of the popular requests. WHAT?!?! I said. I then told her, "well, I guess we will have to make sure that changes!" I couldn't get over all "real" the figures look. You halfway expected them to start talking to you, they looked so real. I met a couple from GA while I was walking through, we talked, and took pictures of each other with the figures. Gee, I thought to myself, sure wish Celine was here so I could have my picture made with her. There is a guest book that you can sign on the way out. They ask who you would like to see added to the museum. I wrote in BIG letters, "CELINE DION!!" just like that. I couldn't believe it, you mean they have Ivana Trump there, but they don't have Celine. Come on, what is wrong with this picture?!?!?! :box: :mad:

I spent the rest of the day walking, resting, walking, and resting. I went back to Caesars around 6 to tell my friend bye. She said she had been trying to call me all afternoon on my cell phone. I told her I had left it on in case she, or Marisa, might have tried to call, and it hadn't rang once. She said it would ring, but then nothing, it wouldn't go through. Ahh, I couldn't believe my luck, or lack of, another missed opportunity! :Shrug: She had wanted to take me to lunch, and spend the day with me. She said the next time I come back she is going to plan my trip. ; ) Anyway, we said our good-bye's, at her insistence I promised to call to let her know I arrived safely home even though it would be 3am her time. I went to pick up my bags, and waited out front for my bus. It was suppose to pick me up at 6:45. Well, 6:45 came, 7:00 came, by 7:15 I was on the phone. Guess what? The bus had broken down, and they were sending the 7:45 bus to pick me up. I couldn't believe it, lucky my flight wasn't leaving until 10:10. Long story short, I got to the airport in plenty of time, checked my bag, bought a magazine, went to Starbucks for coffee,:Coffee: then went and waited to board my plane. The plane wasn't full, and I had all three seats to myself. I stretched out and tried to get some sleep, but never could get relaxed, comfortable enough to. I got into Atlanta around 4:45am, and after a long plane ride was ready to get home to my own bed. In my hurry to get off the plane, I walked off and left the magazine I had just bought in Vegas! Oh well..............

I got home around 6:30am, walked into the door and my dog (DION) almost knocked me over from excitement! : ) He was dancing, and twirling around, yipping from happiness! What a welcome, it was wonderful! : ) I unpacked a few things, and then collapsed into bed. I slept the day away, I was exhausted. :sleepy:

That is my story everyone. I thank you for your b'day wishes, :partyguy: your letters to Celine, and all your kind words.

Take care;
Hugs, Elisa aka Lisa

Filine
09-12-2005, 12:38 AM
I am glad you had such a great trip :) Thanks for delivering the messages ;)

Cindy

Fanny
09-12-2005, 12:43 AM
Wowwwwwwww, thanks a lot !!! So cooooool !!

Marisa Louise
09-12-2005, 12:44 AM
Great review, Elisa!

Wish I coulda' been there with you.

Your friend and I will both be arranging the itinnerary for your next trip. You'll have so much to do you won't have time to order yourself a chocolate shake from room service at night because the minute your shoes come off and your butt hits the bed, you'll be out!

ashleylovescéline
09-12-2005, 12:47 AM
Oh Elisa, I'm so glad you had a great time & a great birthday with Céline! :Clap:

So sad to hear about a member of Concerts West passing away, I wish there was something I could do. I know some members of CW, but unfortunatley never met him. That's so sad. :( They are all like family there, I'm sure this is a very difficult time for them.

*sigh* But I'm glad you had a great time, and was able to get everything to Céline--- I'm sure she appreciated it so much!

Oh! And I did the same thing back in 2003 & 2004... I wrote "CELINE DION" in the Madame Tussauds book. Hehe, it's so ridiculous they don't have her in there yet! She is the "diva" of the strip, and she is not a popular request!?Psh! :box:

If I get to go back, I HAVE to stay at Caesars Palace... everyone says their rooms are incredible. We never spend too much on a room, because we're NEVER in it! Hehe, we sleep for like two hours, shower, and then we're on the go again. But the rooms sound incredible!

Piglot82
09-12-2005, 12:56 AM
That's awsome that you had a great time. Seeing Celine on your birthday is amazing, and front row...WOW!

Reading your review really gets me pumped to go back in December.

TatiVale
09-12-2005, 02:42 AM
WOW Lisa!!!! :) I'm so glad you had such an amazing time!!! :)I so wished you would get the rose.... Oh man, you will realize your dream soon!! I'm sure!!! :):banana:

And Thank you so very much for everything! For delivering the letters to Celine! :) you ROCK!!! :) I'm sure Celine loves your basket and you will get something soon at your home (thank you note, you wrote your name and address right? hehhe :) ) anywany I'm sure Celine LOVED it!!!

CertPharmT15
09-12-2005, 05:00 AM
She'll probably send you a thank you note with 2 front row seat tickets! lol Can't help to dream right Lisa?

TatiVale
09-12-2005, 05:24 AM
She'll probably send you a thank you note with 2 front row seat tickets! lol Can't help to dream right Lisa?
OH Yeah :) I totally agree Ever!! :) ehehe WOW

CertPharmT15
09-12-2005, 05:25 AM
Can you imagine?? That would be awesome! lol

TatiVale
09-12-2005, 05:27 AM
Can you imagine?? That would be awesome! lol
Hehe oh Yeah :) Elisa would be over happy!!! :)

CertPharmT15
09-12-2005, 05:40 AM
Hey Tati, you're not sleepy?? lol :wag:

TatiVale
09-12-2005, 05:52 AM
Oh yeah i'm .. lol and I should be in bed 50 min ago... lol i have to wake up tomorrow at 6:30am ... lol ppff blah! lol

CertPharmT15
09-12-2005, 05:52 AM
Me tooo... I have to get some sleep... I probably leave for Mississippi early morning.

Filine
09-12-2005, 09:42 PM
http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001054719
Some people just make (or rather brake) your day :mad: :Hammer: :Soapbox:

Fanny
09-12-2005, 10:04 PM
2 front row seat tickets, would be just AWESOME :)

Celine's#1FanInGA
09-13-2005, 01:51 AM

Yes, Ever you are so right, can't help but dream! :) My dream of seeing Celine's show on my b'day came true, now hoping that ONE day my dream of MEETING Celine will come true!! :banana: :hooray: :Thumbs:

Elisa

TatiVale
09-13-2005, 02:44 AM
Yes, Ever you are so right, can't help but dream! :) My dream of seeing Celine's show on my b'day came true, now hoping that ONE day my dream of MEETING Celine will come true!! :banana: :hooray: :Thumbs:

Elisa
Of course it will Lisa!!!! :) WOW you'll see! :)

CertPharmT15
09-13-2005, 07:11 AM
http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001054719
Some people just make (or rather brake) your day :mad: :Hammer: :Soapbox:

OMG I cant believe she said such thing!! wow, first it was laura bush now her???

godessceline
09-13-2005, 02:07 PM
She'll probably send you a thank you note with 2 front row seat tickets! lol

*ROFLMAO* Ha ha yeah baby! :hooray: Seriously...Elisa, thank you SO much for giving us this opportunity! That basket sounds awesome...in fact...I think I'm gonna make myself one, just because I'm me and I deserve it! *lol*

CertPharmT15
09-13-2005, 05:01 PM
*ROFLMAO* Ha ha yeah baby! :hooray: Seriously...Elisa, thank you SO much for giving us this opportunity! That basket sounds awesome...in fact...I think I'm gonna make myself one, just because I'm me and I deserve it! *lol*

Like Celine would say; "Go For it Girlfriend!" lol

Celine's#1FanInGA
09-14-2005, 06:25 AM
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to let you know that my friend talked with Celine yesterday. Celine and Rene sat with the family of Mr. Parson's at his funeral yesterday. They didn't speak in detail about the book of letters/basket, but she did ask Celine if she received them, and she said "yes, I did, thank you very much." She didn't want to get into a detailed conversation about them since they were at Mr. Parson's funeral, but she did want me to know that Celine does have them.

Take care;
Elisa

TatiVale
09-14-2005, 06:37 AM
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to let you know that my friend talked with Celine yesterday. Celine and Rene sat with the family of Mr. Parson's at his funeral yesterday. They didn't speak in detail about the book of letters/basket, but she did ask Celine if she received them, and she said "yes, I did, thank you very much." She didn't want to get into a detailed conversation about them since they were at Mr. Parson's funeral, but she did want me to know that Celine does have them.

Take care;
Elisa
That's Celine & René. (funeral)

*i have to say...i really ...don't know how to say.. i'm "scare" of funerals*

-Thank you Lisa for the info. Although I knew she got them :)

CertPharmT15
09-14-2005, 06:43 AM
Thanks again Elisa! You ROCK once again!

Casie
09-14-2005, 06:50 AM
I know I'm a little late, but your review was great Lisa! I wish I was there with you again. :) I was hoping that you would get the rose for your birthday ever since we talked over the summer. Glad to hear you had a great time!

~Casie

Oh, and Happy late Birthday! :PartySmil :partyguy: :Cake:

Celine's#1FanInGA
09-14-2005, 06:57 AM
That's Celine & René. (funeral)

*i have to say...i really ...don't know how to say.. i'm "scare" of funerals*

-Thank you Lisa for the info. Although I knew she got them :)

Yes, I agree with you Tati, I knew my friend had made sure Celine received the letters/basket last week, but she wanted to double check so she went straight to the source ;) and ask her.

Thanks Casie for the birthday wishes, I appreciate it. I will admit getting the rose on my birthday would have been awesome and an unforgettable birthday gift, but just wasn't my time to get it (maybe one of these days!) :)

orka
09-23-2005, 04:11 AM
that day Céline was fantastic for me. Fpr once she said what she think, and what everybody thought but don't say.
i'm very impressed by her
and I'm VERY PROUD of her!!
go on celine!

CertPharmT15
10-04-2005, 08:16 AM
I got this from another website:

With a few weeks of perspective on the outburst, the 37-year-old singer now says it was "a buildup inside of me like a volcano. "I could see the rage inside of me as a mom, as a citizen, as a human being, and couldn't see the changes as fast as I wanted. I couldn't take the pain and couldn't take the images every night and every morning. ... I just couldn't hold it anymore and I just exploded." "It's not often that I open up and talk this way. Maybe that's why it made an impact," she says.

TatiVale
10-04-2005, 01:49 PM

With a few weeks of perspective on the outburst, the 37-year-old singer now says it was "a buildup inside of me like a volcano. "I could see the rage inside of me as a mom, as a citizen, as a human being, and couldn't see the changes as fast as I wanted. I couldn't take the pain and couldn't take the images every night and every morning. ... I just couldn't hold it anymore and I just exploded." "It's not often that I open up and talk this way. Maybe that's why it made an impact," she says.
WOW hahah that's Celine heheh I LOVE what she did hehehe :)

anghil5
10-04-2005, 05:41 PM
She's wonderful!

Marisa Louise
10-05-2005, 10:21 PM
You know, I was just looking through some old poems because I thought that I'd written a little poem "prayer" for Céline quite some time ago. I didn't find it, but I did find another poem that I think goes kinda' with the Larry King interview thing.

I don't even know when I wrote it but I know it hasn't been recently. But let me know what you think! :)

GIVE A LITTLE.[U]

Some people say
That money
Makes the world go ‘round.
And say it also
Is the root of evil.
And as we gain all our profits
We spend and gamble away
The very things we know
And that we love.

And some people say
To never look back
And to never regret what you’ve done.
But I cannot help
When my mind travels
To times
That I’ve resented
Some wrongs I can’t make right.

We gotta’ give a little more.
We need to take a little less.
Think less of ourselves
And how we can be blessed.
We need to thank a little more
Open all the closing doors
And finally see the life we need to lead

Some people say
“I wish so that I could have,”
And they cannot see the reason
That they won’t.
When we’re so resigned to expecting
That we hate to be expected
To act the ways
Our ways of acting show….

And as some people walk through
Smelling roses
Others quickly run along
The lonely road ahead
Leaving all else behind
Living only in their minds
Failing to see
What the others really need.

We gotta’ give a little more
We need to take a little less
Gotta’ think of ways
To make others feel blessed
We gotta’ think a little more
Of what this world is for
To live and make the very living grow

Oh what’s the use of trying
If we’re trying for ourselves
And for no one else
But our only selfish goals?
And what’s the use of trying
If the ones who can’t
Are dying…
Are crying?

So will you give a little more?
And will you take a little less?
Have you started thinking how on earth to bless?
Have you opened up your door
Yes, the ones you’ve closed before?
And is it easier to see just what we’re all here for?
We’re here to give a little more.

Fanny
10-05-2005, 11:48 PM
NICE one !!!!!!!! :kiss:

CertPharmT15
10-06-2005, 09:11 AM
Awesome Marisa!! It's true, we always, although subconciously we do live for ourselves and do things for ourselves and don't do things for others. If we give just a little...Thanks Marisa for the awesome poem!

Marisa Louise
10-06-2005, 09:25 AM
Awww, thaaaanks.

I wrote it as a song. Have the melody in my mind.

anghil5
10-06-2005, 05:42 PM
Yes, goood one Marisa! I like it!

godessceline
10-07-2005, 02:13 PM

*shakes head in awe* I love this woman so much!! :heart: :heart: :heart: Marisa: I hate you for being so talented, haha! :kiss: Amazing poem; don't ever stop.