narnia
07-05-2010, 07:12 AM
Anyone heading to NYC this week? :)

Susan Littlefield
07-11-2010, 03:56 AM
Was it fun?

OctoberRain
07-11-2010, 02:03 PM
I'm bummed I couldn't go this year. I had a great time last year. Share your experience if you can!

Susan Littlefield
07-12-2010, 12:45 AM
One of my writer friends went and said it was great!

RoseColoredSkies
07-12-2010, 02:35 AM
I met Steve Berry on the 6th at the History Matters Event in Bridgeport. He talked up ThrillerFest. I had to work and I've barely even gotten into my thriller. But learning from him was great.

narnia
07-12-2010, 04:50 AM
Back and recovering!!!!!!! More tomorrow. :)

Susan Littlefield
07-12-2010, 06:07 AM
Can't wait to hear more!

Eddyz Aquila
07-12-2010, 06:08 AM
Looking forward to hear some info :)

narnia
07-12-2010, 07:32 PM
First, I want to say thanks as always to Liz, Shane, Kathy, Shirley, D.P. and so many others for doing such a fabulous job this year. This was my fourth TF and they just keep getting better and better.

Among the highlights for me in no particular order (and there were so many more than what I have below!):

- Meeting JJ Cooper :D
- Seeing JJ Cooper up on the dias during the debut author's breakfast
- Hanging with JJ Cooper!
- Getting psyched, inspired and moved by Lisa Scottoline (you rock Lisa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
- Meeting new authors Carla Buckley and Sophie Littlefield (among many others)
- Chatting with Barbara Poelle (who sadly does not handle my genre :( but is awesome nonetheless :))
- Discussing craft with Robert Dugoni (who is a wonderful teacher)
- Laughing my you-know-what off courtesy of Harlan Coban
- Also laughing my you-know-what off courtesy of Heather Graham, Robert Dugoni, Linwood Barclay, Doug Cummings, Alan Jabonson and Jon Land (sorry if I forgot anyone!)
- Jon Land in a pretty pink bra
- Being fascinated by Ken Follett
- Getting tips and encouragement from Lisa Gardner
- Books, books and more books!!!!
- Conversations with Allison Brennan, who is funny, smart and down to earth
- Learning more about craft from Michael Palmer
- Lots of cocktail parties
- Learning about heroes from Don Maass
- Chatting with R.L. Stine
- Losing 5 pounds because who had time to eat?
- Creating supporting characters courtesy of Andrew Gross
- POV and dialogue tips from Steve Berry
- Tons of great craft stuff from William Bernhardt
- Pages of notes from an FBI profiler interview (next time he should talk for an entire day!!!!)
- Hanging with aspiring authors I've made friends with over the years and watching each of us grow in the craft and celebrating those who have sold their first novel

There is so much more, but it would take me hours to detail it all. ITW is a wonderful organization and so amazing in how much they support, encourage and promote not only all flavors of thrillers but authors, books and aspiring authors as well. I highly recommend their site as a resource and TF as an excellent means of learning and networking.

:hooray: