So, I gotta kill this guy and get away with it.

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry if this is TMI. I posted too little information in a question I asked earlier, and I think I wasted some people's time with that. Please, skim at will. I'm open to whatever.

So...

It needs to look like an acute illness. The victim was vomiting and soiling himself publicly the evening before--ipecac, not self-administered--and the main antagonist uses this as an opportunity to kill him in some manner that would look like, well, anything that could kill him naturally with and/or following extreme flu-like symptoms (or some variation thereof). It doesn't have to be undetectable, just something that would not be looked for without other evidence of foul play.

I can rely on the old air bubble into the bloodstream and give him a heart attack if necessary, but I'd love a poison (including but not limited to herbs or other natural poisons, OTC medications, whatever), or any other manner of achieving death that would suggest an acute illness gone quickly to extremes. The antagonist would have unlimited resources for getting his hands on whatever he needs, and has no scruples about being hands on, if there's a technique that might work.

I'm willing to go back and give the victim a prior (managed) condition, if that helps at all. He's running for the US Senate as a fairly young man (40ish), and is still riding his former boy band fame, so he can't be too infirm. Actually, he'd seem to be the picture of health. But, I could certainly swing diabetes, or any other disease that's outwardly livable if well managed and could still explain why no one looks too closely into his death.

He can die over a period of a few days, if necessary. But, I'd rather it be quick and dirty, if possible.

Any ideas? I'm willing to go almost anywhere for this one.

(Don't worry- He's not the *worst* person in the book, but he's kind of got it coming. I'm a little sad to see him go. He's a schmuck, but he's made me write some deliciously obtuse things, and I'll miss him. G'bye Senator Joey.)

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score
For his age, and especially running for Senate, there'd be a coroner's inquest probably mandatorily. Ipecac I believe was taken off the market more than a decade ago. An older ME would probably pick up on it from the smell and that would throw up red flags.

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
Most any poison would work then, wouldn't it? You still hear about cyanide and arsenic being used, but I'd probably do a more obscure herb. There are many.

PM me if you want examples of deadly herbs that I couldn't imagine LE checking for.

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
Ricin. Easy to make, easy to get your hands on and it's one of the most deadly toxins in the world.

.5 milligrams is deadly. That's about as much as a few grains of salt. Even if there was an autopsy it's unlikely they'd notice such a small amount unless they were looking for it.

ladyleeona

fluently sarcastic grandma offender
Registered
Reaction score
make him need heparin (a blood thinner) for his preexisting atrial fibrillation (heart arrhythmia), forcibly (or covertly) OD him and give the bastard a paper cut. LOL. (so maybe more like dude 'accidentally' slips in shower, hits the noggin, gets knocked out, and said head bleeds until dude exsanguinates. Hard to orchestrate maybe, but stuff like that happens all the time....

*thinks that would be a horrible way to go, even for a fictional character*
*goes back to non-murdering YA WIP*

kaitiepaige17

Inappropriate smiley INCOMINGGGGGG!
Registered
Reaction score
make him need heparin (a blood thinner) for his preexisting atrial fibrillation (heart arrhythmia), forcibly (or covertly) OD him and give the bastard a paper cut. LOL. (so maybe more like dude 'accidentally' slips in shower, hits the noggin, gets knocked out, and said head bleeds until dude exsanguinates. Hard to orchestrate maybe, but stuff like that happens all the time....

*thinks that would be a horrible way to go, even for a fictional character*
*goes back to non-murdering YA WIP*

KILL! KILL! KILL! :evil

ladyleeona

Registered
Reaction score

LMAO--I've got a shelved thriller that I did that a lot in. and then one day I got mad and killed everyone, MC included. Not a good thing 11k in. I'll go back and undrop that bomb eventually. [maybe.]

So for now I'm trying to reign in the bloodthirsty side...:e2seesaw::e2teeth:

mgoblue101415

Existentialist
Registered
Reaction score
Belladonna. It is a plant whose berries are lethal in as few as 10 berries, and supposedly it is almost untraceable. Considering though that they probably wouldn't be looking for it, it probably would never be discovered. Macbeth actually used belladonna. The real one, not the play version.

You wouldn't want to mix the berries in with other berries or something else the guy was eating (the berries are actually tasty so the guy probably would eat them) because then they would be found in the stomach and the ME would probably try to figure out what they were.

Your best bet would be to have the killer smash the berries into liquid form then inject the juice into the bloodstream.

Although, it doesn't have flu like symptoms, more LSD symptoms.

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
You scare me. ;)

Belladonna. It is a plant whose berries are lethal in as few as 10 berries, and supposedly it is almost untraceable. Considering though that they probably wouldn't be looking for it, it probably would never be discovered. Macbeth actually used belladonna. The real one, not the play version.

You wouldn't want to mix the berries in with other berries or something else the guy was eating (the berries are actually tasty so the guy probably would eat them) because then they would be found in the stomach and the ME would probably try to figure out what they were.

Your best bet would be to have the killer smash the berries into liquid form then inject the juice into the bloodstream.

Although, it doesn't have flu like symptoms, more LSD symptoms.
I was also going to recommend something from the nightshade family. Belladonna is a good choice.

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A girl goes to bed and wakes up to a whole lot of tasty death! Thanks everyone. I love AW so much for this particular forum.

Off to research all you've given me. (And hoping to make his death as ridiculous as his life. It's a challenge. :tongue)

Mags

PS- GeorgeK- Thanks very much for the head's up on Ipecac. It's still available, but I've just looked more carefully after your post, and what's on the market is hugely diluted (is now liquid vs. syrup). Fortunately, I think I've got an easy work around for that, and I'm grateful for the catch!

Last edited:

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score
So, then it's just much more dilute than it used to be? Ok, that would make sense, with why they didn't change the name. As a physician you get notices on drugs sometimes before the FDA makes it's final ruling.

With someone that high profile, there will be an inquest. Maybe he should just hire a hitman?

Then the pointy haired boss says, "and then we hire another one to cover our tracks, and then one to cover those tracks..."

Evilcatbert replies, "but then ultimately it's free, right?"

Nivarion

Brony level >9000
Registered
Reaction score
Polonium can have some fun result.

It causes the lining of the intestine to shluff off, resulting in horrible diarrhea. If it takes long enough for it to to be tested for it'll be broken down.

They'll be able to tell he died of radiation poisoning, it'll just be hard to tell who did it.

RJK

Sheriff Bullwinkle the Poet says:
Registered
Reaction score
A minimal overdose of worfarin or some other anticoagulant, will cause him to hemorrhage internally. He will literally bleed to death, internally. If you are careful of how much you give him, you can cause this by small OD's over time.

ladyleeona

Registered
Reaction score
A minimal overdose of worfarin or some other anticoagulant, will cause him to hemorrhage internally. He will literally bleed to death, internally. If you are careful of how much you give him, you can cause this by small OD's over time.

yep--warfarin or heparin. but I'm pretty sure a small OD over time would begin causing excessive nose bleeds--and because Mr. 'Bout-to-die is so high profile, I'm pretty sure they would catch that before he kicked the bucket.

Maybe better to massively OD at one time. JMHO.

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score
Unless they came out with something new, heparin is not available in oral form. Coumadin (warfarin) is but would be fairly obvious at autopsy. I say a hit man and blame it on whatever talking point that senator uses as his whip. Or use a made up drug in which case nobody can dispute what it does.

Kalyke

Registered
Reaction score
Oleander. All you got to do is throw a few flowers on his salad and he is worm meat bro.

Look up acute Oleander Poisoning.

Or not.

Absolutely no way to trace it to a pharmacy.

StephanieFox

Maybull the Bulldog
Registered
Reaction score
You could feed your victim something he was very allergic to.

debirlfan

Registered
Reaction score
You're willing to make him diabetic? The guy's been sick and throwing up - I'm thinking an OD of insulin could be blamed on him having taken his insulin and then puking up what he ate, especially if he's known to be a fairly "brittle" diabetic. Nobody is going to notice one more needle mark on a diabetic.

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
An 'off' oyster can be pretty serious.

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
These are all fantastic. I'm curious about the ricin, because it's connected with terrorism, and therefore adds another level of diabolical association to my character. It looks like death usually occurs within a few days with ricin poisoning from what I can find. I wonder it that would be sped up to a quicker end if he was already so compromized by the effects of the Ipecac? Hmm... looks like more googling fun.

ladyleeona

Registered
Reaction score
These are all fantastic. I'm curious about the ricin, because it's connected with terrorism, and therefore adds another level of diabolical association to my character. It looks like death usually occurs within a few days with ricin poisoning from what I can find. I wonder it that would be sped up to a quicker end if he was already so compromized by the effects of the Ipecac? Hmm... looks like more googling fun.

Watch NCIS season 7, epi 21 (Called obsession I think--maybe on HULU.com) It deals with ricin poisoning delivered via tiny pellet stabbed into the skin. I think they said the method was something the Russian KGB used to use to off peeps. To doublecheck I just did a google search and found some links with both KGB and ricin mentioned, so I'll go on a limb and say the two were really connected and it could add a little viable terrorism emphasis to the dudeman's death.

ETA: I think it kills in like 2-3 days--so I doubt ipecac would expedite things that much.