New Dr Who revealed?

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I can hear the minds of British audiences exploding even as we speak. "An American?" :tongue

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
I can hear the minds of British audiences exploding even as we speak. "An American?" :tongue
Hehehe yeah, kinda. I reckon he might be forgiven though.

As to Depp playing him, well, I see what they're saying with Depp Saturation Point, but it's just his kind of role.

Makes you wonder why they didn't go with David Tennant though.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind an american playing Doctor Who, persay. Although I'd have reservations about Depp (even though I think he is great). I dunno, I keep thinking he'd play it like Jack Sparrow, and we'd have a very drunk Doctor trying to pinch the bum of his companion all the time.

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
I would hate to see Depp play Dr Who and it is nothing to do with him being from across the pond. I do not think he can convey the particular type of eccentricity that is an essential part of the Dr's character.

AND if there is going to be a film - why not have a woman play the Dr?

RoseColoredSkies

It's a long and winding road
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sarah-biglow.com
I'm pretty sure regeneration doesn't involve a gender switch. I would say David Tennant being in a movie version would be awesome! Though they'd have to set it before all the 11th Doctor regeneration.

haystackbat

Registered
Reaction score
No no no no no no no no.

Also, if we could avoid referring to the character as "Doctor Who" . . . 'cause that's my biggest snitty fan pet peeve.

Last edited:

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk

childeroland

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Although did you see the second comment there? A Dr Who/smurf crossover! I'd pay to see that

Especially if Russell Davis wrote them. They'd probably come off like the Adipose. (Those CGI Smurfs creep me out.)

BBC_America

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Doctor Who fans - be sure to stick around for the new season of Being Human - that's right the season 2 premiere is Saturday, July 24 immediately following the Doctor Who finale. Be sure to check out the latest videos and extras to help you get ready for the premiere. I'm working with BBC America so let me know if you have any questions about Being Human or Doctor Who.

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Doctor Who fans - be sure to stick around for the new season of Being Human - that's right the season 2 premiere is Saturday, July 24 immediately following the Doctor Who finale. Be sure to check out the latest videos and extras to help you get ready for the premiere. I'm working with BBC America so let me know if you have any questions about Being Human or Doctor Who.

Can I have Aidan Turner for Christmas ? :D

plaidearthworm

Rock and Squiggle
Registered
Reaction score
I echo the call for Tennant--just can't wrap my mind around Matt Smith. Depp? He's a great actor, but I just can't see him as the Doctor. Of course, I couldn't imagine Simon Pegg as Scotty,either,so what do I know?

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure regeneration doesn't involve a gender switch. I would say David Tennant being in a movie version would be awesome! Though they'd have to set it before all the 11th Doctor regeneration.

Actually, that was kicked around a bit after the Peter Davidson years. They did consider it.

Baryonyx

Registered
Reaction score
Hopefully the Depp rumour isn't true.

He's a good actor but his eccentricity just seems too forced and un-natural.

Besides, Tennant was the best Doctor, he should be given the honour of playing him in the film version :)

BBC_America

Registered
Reaction score
Hey BBCA fans - back to give you the heads up that we just arrived to Comic-Con over in sunny San Diego!! You'll be able to get live updates from us all weekend just by heading over to our Facebook page as well as our Anglophenia page on BBCAmerica.com. We'll be sharing new updates on all our shows, so be sure to check in!