Status
Not open for further replies.

SRBast

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stephaniebast.com
Hi Everyone,

I have two questions that I thought this forum would know better than anyone else.

1. Can you recommend a nonfiction book proposal class/seminar that is either online or in the Los Angeles area? I want one fairly quickly as I have a deadline for the end of the year.

2. I am looking for a small, supportive critique group in the West Hollywood area. Where could I post for those interested and/or where can I join one in the making? I'm looking for a structured few hours with a group that doesn't fall into therapy/personal analyzation.

I'd love any advice. Thank you in advance!

Stephanie

underthecity

Finestkind
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allensedge.com
Stephanie,

I'm sure there are classes/seminars somewhere online that might help with a book proposal, but why go through that when you can possibly use this thread on this forum as a guide? It's a book proposal. You need neither a class nor seminar on how to write one.

Regarding a writers' group in the Hollywood area, I can't personally help with that, but you might try posting in this AW forum and see if any fellow AWers already meet there.

If that doesn't work, start calling the big bookstores in the area. Usually, writers' groups meet at bookstores, so this would be a place to start looking.

SRBast

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stephaniebast.com
Thanks!

Thank you for this. I had already done extensive research on the internet and after posting, bought some books that seemed to help a lot of writers because I felt as though I probably don't need any class, just some guidance. So thank you for this link! I'll check it out to make sure I'm on track. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.