End of the Fiscal Year--Party!!

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
It's now after 5 pm on the last day of Fiscal Year 2010 at the state agency where I hold down my day job. For better or for worse, all the spending for the year is done. It's too late to fix any mistakes or to make up for delays. No more worries! No more reviews of spending versus budget! Time to party!

Anybody else in the same boat?

DianeL

Registered
Reaction score
Website
dianelmajor.blogspot.com
And for those of us LOOKING for jobs, budgets being set means some firms are now free to finally hire. So I'm up for a party!

Congratulations, K1P1 - buy ya a beer, blow-tickler, cocktail weenie, or the next dance?

MissMacchiato

Bring on the Sweet, Sweet Coffee
Registered
Reaction score
yay! we had our EOFY party at work yesterday. I would have enjoyed it more if it wasn't partially my responsibility to tidy up afterwards, sigh

K1P1

Registered
Reaction score
I go for champagne or dark beer, and a whole pot of steamed shrimp. Fiscal cleanup begins today when we balance the books as of 6/30/10 and get set up for the next fiscal year.

DianeL - don't know if the firms tie it to their fiscal year, and I don't think most of them have a 6/30 end date. But the good news is, since some follow the calendar year, and some set their own year end, there are always companies out there who are starting a new fiscal year, so they are always approving new budgets.

DianeL

Registered
Reaction score
Website
dianelmajor.blogspot.com
K1P1 - I should have indicated that the FYE is already having an effect. In the past week and a half, I've seen much more out there in my searching. The good news is, there's a chance I'll be off the market again as early as tomorrow, so fingers crossed.

*Popping the champagne*

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Not in the same boat, Maggie, but I'm all ready to par-tay. Here's :Cake:S :D Congrats on bein' finished with your Fiscal Year! :)

K1P1

Registered
Reaction score
K1P1 - I should have indicated that the FYE is already having an effect. In the past week and a half, I've seen much more out there in my searching. The good news is, there's a chance I'll be off the market again as early as tomorrow, so fingers crossed.

*Popping the champagne*

Glad things are moving--best of luck!

K1P1

Registered
Reaction score
Not in the same boat, Maggie, but I'm all ready to par-tay. Here's :Cake:S :D Congrats on bein' finished with your Fiscal Year! :)

Welcome to the party, Susie, and thanks for the cake!

K1P1

Registered
Reaction score
I find this budget thing mystifying. We don't even know what our department's official budget will be for next year. But since the state funds so little of what we do, it will have very little effect.