Calling all stoners

WendyNYC

fiddle-dee-dee
Registered
Reaction score
My story is in need of a homemade pipe, preferably made from something funny. Toilet paper roll? Tampon applicator? What else?

I saw the apple trick on Nurse Jackie. Something clever like that.

Ideas?

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Not from personal experience, but I asked someone who would know:

An empty film cannister (the little black plastic ones, with the lid)

PeterL

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
I used to make pipes out of aluminum foil, but tampon applicators, toilet paper rolls, and many other things can be made to work. It it's for hashish, then it can simply be laid on the top and heat can be applied to the bottom, the same as with opium.

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
My source says that the soda can is the lazy stoner's pipe. (which, to me, is rather the epitome of what a stoner should be, but what do I know? ;) )

As Denis Leary once said "Marijuana doesn't lead to other drugs, it leads to carpentry!"

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree with the beer or soda can.

Take the can, flatten one side (which becomes the top in pipe mode), punch a bunch of small holes into the flattened spot (with a thumbtack, pin, or similar), place your weed over the holes, light and breathe in through the can's regular opening.

Not that I do that sort of thing.

mgoblue101415

Existentialist
Registered
Reaction score
Definitely go with the beer or soda can. Readily available and very easy.

And I'm thinking... A kazoo could possibly work.

Also, a 2 liter pop bottle can quickly and easily be made into a bong. Or so I've heard.

tanglewoodtracey

Loves a good trainwreck
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.traceygarvisgraves.com
Amateurs.

Here's what you need: empty toilet or paper towel roll, screw off top from a bottle of dish soap (the kind that you pull up to open and push down to close), foil, pin or needle, and a knife.

Take the knife and make a hole in the top of the cardboard roll, close to the end but not too close. Make the hole only big enough to shove the top from the dish soap in upside down (in the pulled up position so that it is open). The underside of the cap from the dishsoap is your bowl. Line with foil that you have poked a bunch of little holes in with a needle or a pin.

Load. Enjoy.

Pop can works in a pinch. I prefer Diet Coke.

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I recall a, less than intelligent, high school friend, making a home made bong from a chem lab flask, rubber stopper and rubber hose.

Took a hit from said home made bong and got a lungful of burning rubber fumes.

#bongfail

mgoblue101415

Existentialist
Registered
Reaction score
Amateurs.

Here's what you need: empty toilet or paper towel roll, screw off top from a bottle of dish soap (the kind that you pull up to open and push down to close), foil, pin or needle, and a knife.

Take the knife and make a hole in the top of the cardboard roll, close to the end but not too close. Make the hole only big enough to shove the top from the dish soap in upside down (in the pulled up position so that it is open). The underside of the cap from the dishsoap is your bowl. Line with foil that you have poked a bunch of little holes in with a needle or a pin.

Load. Enjoy.

Pop can works in a pinch. I prefer Diet Coke.

Way too much work.

And if you're out and about you're going on a scavenger hunt to find everything you need.

Beer can. Key, stick, tire pressure gauge, etc. MUCH easier and only takes a second.

And no mom, I have no idea what keeps happening to all the filters on the faucets.:Shrug:

WendyNYC

fiddle-dee-dee
Registered
Reaction score
I recall a, less than intelligent, high school friend, making a home made bong from a chem lab flask, rubber stopper and rubber hose.

Took a hit from said home made bong and got a lungful of burning rubber fumes.

#bongfail

HA! Funny!

I'm loving the idea of a kazoo. Do you all think it would make that bzzz bzzz sound, or would that little paper thingy burn out?

Someone needs to try it and report back.

ETA: Never mind--I found a guy doing this on youtube! Hahaha!

Last edited:

jennontheisland

the world is at my command
Registered
Reaction score
Potato pipe!!!

Carved from a nice big baking potato. :D

Only beat by the carrot pipe because that's harder to carve.

And if you're going to use a pop can you need not only the holes in the "bowl" part, but another one in the bottom of the can to use as a "choke".

I don't understand the film canister suggestion (or the dishsoap lid). It's plastic. It will melt when you put flame to it. Chemistry class bongs were always fun. You needed metal parts though.

Last edited:

Fatal Serenity

Eccentric to the core.
Registered
Reaction score
In my research.....

A pipe can be made from foil alone (a once and done deal).

The toilet paper roll is a popular option (called a "steamroller") and is supposed to work great. TanglewoodTracey gave an excellent description of that. This same system would work for a paper towel roll or even a wrapping paper roll (which in my opinion would be really funny in a peace pipe sort of way)

An apple (or pretty much any fruit or veggie - i.e. potato, orange, etc.) is also supposed to work great and will give a different taste. This can be messy, though.

Actually, anything you can really pass air through would work.

Another funny one I heard the other day was an old pogs container (you know that game kids played about 10-20 years ago with the decorated cardboard circles) which was turned into a pipe after the teen first started smoking.

KZ

StephanieFox

Maybull the Bulldog
Registered
Reaction score
I don't understand the film canister suggestion (or the dishsoap lid). It's plastic. It will melt when you put flame to it. Chemistry class bongs were always fun. You needed metal parts though.

Some brands of film used to come in metal canisters. Aluminum, I believe. That would get hot, but wouldn't melt.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
Toilet paper roll and a piece of aluminum foil. If its good enough for G-Block, its good enough for your MC :D

Last edited:

EFCollins

World Class Rambler
Registered
Reaction score
Way out there in BFE, where no one can hear you sc
Website
efcollins.blogspot.com
Heh. I really am saddened by the state of people's homemade bongs nowadays.

Bucket. 2 liter bottle with lid. Ice water. A bowl piece or socket to use as a bowl piece.

Gravity bong!!!!!

I can tell you step by step how to make this if need be. PM me.

Any size soda bottle and a socket or tin foil. Again, I can give step by step instructions.

And no, plastic doesn't melt if you use it for a bowl. (I smoke pot through a plastic pipe all the time.) You don't light it on fire, for Pete's sake. The marijuana goes out quickly if you aren't toking on it... if you make your bowl/bong right. You gotta know how to do it, though. The plastic will scorch and turn black, but not burn.

Wendy, feel free to PM me if you need specifics. Basically if you mention the bucket, bottle and ice water, most people are going to know what kind of gravity bong your character is making. It's so simple a kid can do it. Which is scary, but that's a whole other thread...

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
Some brands of film used to come in metal canisters. Aluminum, I believe. That would get hot, but wouldn't melt.

Who cares if it melts, everyone smoking would have a ring of burn-scars around their lips!

jennontheisland

the world is at my command
Registered
Reaction score
Heh. I really am saddened by the state of people's homemade bongs nowadays.

Bucket. 2 liter bottle with lid. Ice water. A bowl piece or socket to use as a bowl piece.

Gravity bong!!!!!

I can tell you step by step how to make this if need be. PM me.

Any size soda bottle and a socket or tin foil. Again, I can give step by step instructions.

And no, plastic doesn't melt if you use it for a bowl. (I smoke pot through a plastic pipe all the time.) You don't light it on fire, for Pete's sake. The marijuana goes out quickly if you aren't toking on it... if you make your bowl/bong right. You gotta know how to do it, though. The plastic will scorch and turn black, but not burn.

Wendy, feel free to PM me if you need specifics. Basically if you mention the bucket, bottle and ice water, most people are going to know what kind of gravity bong your character is making. It's so simple a kid can do it. Which is scary, but that's a whole other thread...

Scorched and black counts as not usable as a pipe for me. I have had plastic melt.

But gravity bongs!!! omg totally forgot about that. I swear, my interest in engineering started as one of those necessity mothering invention things. ;)

kaitiepaige17

Inappropriate smiley INCOMINGGGGGG!
Registered
Reaction score
A guy friend of mine made a bong out of a Jack Daniels bottle...

My post should be enough of a comment on, um, how well it worked.... :D

And another guy friend of mine showed up knocking on my dorm door one afternoon with a bong made out of a 2 liter and duct tape. Never heard how that one went, though....

divy

rhymes with ivy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
littlelambsydivy.blogspot.com
my brother made one out of an empty honey bear (you know, the plastic honey bottle shaped like a bear) and one out of a plastic Cartman (from south park) toy.

my parents did the apple thing. yes, i said my parents.

i'm the goody two-shoes in the family... :Shrug: