PDA

View Full Version : Calling all stoners

WendyNYC
06-30-2010, 09:56 PM
My story is in need of a homemade pipe, preferably made from something funny. Toilet paper roll? Tampon applicator? What else?

I saw the apple trick on Nurse Jackie. Something clever like that.

Ideas?

Tasmin21
06-30-2010, 10:10 PM
Not from personal experience, but I asked someone who would know:

An empty film cannister (the little black plastic ones, with the lid)

Shadow_Ferret
06-30-2010, 10:17 PM
Toilet paper roll?

Also known as a der-der because kids put them in their mouth and make a der-der sound when they walk around the house. (stolen from "A Child's Garden of Grass") :D

tjwriter
06-30-2010, 10:19 PM
Soda can?

PeterL
06-30-2010, 10:21 PM
I used to make pipes out of aluminum foil, but tampon applicators, toilet paper rolls, and many other things can be made to work. It it's for hashish, then it can simply be laid on the top and heat can be applied to the bottom, the same as with opium.

kaitiepaige17
06-30-2010, 10:22 PM
Beer or soda can...not that I know how or anything :D

Tasmin21
06-30-2010, 10:49 PM
My source says that the soda can is the lazy stoner's pipe. (which, to me, is rather the epitome of what a stoner should be, but what do I know? ;) )

As Denis Leary once said "Marijuana doesn't lead to other drugs, it leads to carpentry!"

WendyNYC
06-30-2010, 10:49 PM
Thanks, everyone!

Drachen Jager
07-01-2010, 12:45 AM
Yeah, I agree with the beer or soda can.

Take the can, flatten one side (which becomes the top in pipe mode), punch a bunch of small holes into the flattened spot (with a thumbtack, pin, or similar), place your weed over the holes, light and breathe in through the can's regular opening.

Not that I do that sort of thing.

mgoblue101415
07-01-2010, 01:22 AM
Definitely go with the beer or soda can. Readily available and very easy.

And I'm thinking... A kazoo could possibly work.

Also, a 2 liter pop bottle can quickly and easily be made into a bong. Or so I've heard.

tanglewoodtracey
07-01-2010, 01:36 AM
Amateurs.

Here's what you need: empty toilet or paper towel roll, screw off top from a bottle of dish soap (the kind that you pull up to open and push down to close), foil, pin or needle, and a knife.

Take the knife and make a hole in the top of the cardboard roll, close to the end but not too close. Make the hole only big enough to shove the top from the dish soap in upside down (in the pulled up position so that it is open). The underside of the cap from the dishsoap is your bowl. Line with foil that you have poked a bunch of little holes in with a needle or a pin.

Load. Enjoy.

Pop can works in a pinch. I prefer Diet Coke.

firedrake
07-01-2010, 01:45 AM
I recall a, less than intelligent, high school friend, making a home made bong from a chem lab flask, rubber stopper and rubber hose.

Took a hit from said home made bong and got a lungful of burning rubber fumes.

#bongfail

mgoblue101415
07-01-2010, 01:53 AM
Amateurs.

Here's what you need: empty toilet or paper towel roll, screw off top from a bottle of dish soap (the kind that you pull up to open and push down to close), foil, pin or needle, and a knife.

Take the knife and make a hole in the top of the cardboard roll, close to the end but not too close. Make the hole only big enough to shove the top from the dish soap in upside down (in the pulled up position so that it is open). The underside of the cap from the dishsoap is your bowl. Line with foil that you have poked a bunch of little holes in with a needle or a pin.

Load. Enjoy.

Pop can works in a pinch. I prefer Diet Coke.

Way too much work.

And if you're out and about you're going on a scavenger hunt to find everything you need.

Beer can. Key, stick, tire pressure gauge, etc. MUCH easier and only takes a second.

And no mom, I have no idea what keeps happening to all the filters on the faucets.:Shrug:

WendyNYC
07-01-2010, 02:22 AM
I recall a, less than intelligent, high school friend, making a home made bong from a chem lab flask, rubber stopper and rubber hose.

Took a hit from said home made bong and got a lungful of burning rubber fumes.

#bongfail

HA! Funny!

I'm loving the idea of a kazoo. Do you all think it would make that bzzz bzzz sound, or would that little paper thingy burn out?

Someone needs to try it and report back.

ETA: Never mind--I found a guy doing this on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O42pub5OzY&feature=related)! Hahaha!

jennontheisland
07-01-2010, 02:49 AM
Potato pipe!!!

Carved from a nice big baking potato. :D

Only beat by the carrot pipe because that's harder to carve.

And if you're going to use a pop can you need not only the holes in the "bowl" part, but another one in the bottom of the can to use as a "choke".

I don't understand the film canister suggestion (or the dishsoap lid). It's plastic. It will melt when you put flame to it. Chemistry class bongs were always fun. You needed metal parts though.

Fatal Serenity
07-01-2010, 02:56 AM
In my research.....

A pipe can be made from foil alone (a once and done deal).

The toilet paper roll is a popular option (called a "steamroller") and is supposed to work great. TanglewoodTracey gave an excellent description of that. This same system would work for a paper towel roll or even a wrapping paper roll (which in my opinion would be really funny in a peace pipe sort of way)

An apple (or pretty much any fruit or veggie - i.e. potato, orange, etc.) is also supposed to work great and will give a different taste. This can be messy, though.

Actually, anything you can really pass air through would work.

Another funny one I heard the other day was an old pogs container (you know that game kids played about 10-20 years ago with the decorated cardboard circles) which was turned into a pipe after the teen first started smoking.

KZ

Duchessmary
07-01-2010, 04:15 AM
:evil I just saw the 80's flash before my eyes!!!

StephanieFox
07-01-2010, 04:16 AM
I don't understand the film canister suggestion (or the dishsoap lid). It's plastic. It will melt when you put flame to it. Chemistry class bongs were always fun. You needed metal parts though.

Some brands of film used to come in metal canisters. Aluminum, I believe. That would get hot, but wouldn't melt.

Wayne K
07-01-2010, 04:21 AM
Toilet paper roll and a piece of aluminum foil. If its good enough for G-Block, its good enough for your MC :D

EFCollins
07-01-2010, 04:38 AM
Heh. I really am saddened by the state of people's homemade bongs nowadays.

Bucket. 2 liter bottle with lid. Ice water. A bowl piece or socket to use as a bowl piece.

Gravity bong!!!!!

I can tell you step by step how to make this if need be. PM me.

Any size soda bottle and a socket or tin foil. Again, I can give step by step instructions.

And no, plastic doesn't melt if you use it for a bowl. (I smoke pot through a plastic pipe all the time.) You don't light it on fire, for Pete's sake. The marijuana goes out quickly if you aren't toking on it... if you make your bowl/bong right. You gotta know how to do it, though. The plastic will scorch and turn black, but not burn.

Wendy, feel free to PM me if you need specifics. Basically if you mention the bucket, bottle and ice water, most people are going to know what kind of gravity bong your character is making. It's so simple a kid can do it. Which is scary, but that's a whole other thread...

Wayne K
07-01-2010, 06:11 AM
The boys in G-Block would love you

Drachen Jager
07-01-2010, 06:21 AM
Some brands of film used to come in metal canisters. Aluminum, I believe. That would get hot, but wouldn't melt.

Who cares if it melts, everyone smoking would have a ring of burn-scars around their lips!

jennontheisland
07-01-2010, 09:39 AM
Heh. I really am saddened by the state of people's homemade bongs nowadays.

Bucket. 2 liter bottle with lid. Ice water. A bowl piece or socket to use as a bowl piece.

Gravity bong!!!!!

I can tell you step by step how to make this if need be. PM me.

Any size soda bottle and a socket or tin foil. Again, I can give step by step instructions.

And no, plastic doesn't melt if you use it for a bowl. (I smoke pot through a plastic pipe all the time.) You don't light it on fire, for Pete's sake. The marijuana goes out quickly if you aren't toking on it... if you make your bowl/bong right. You gotta know how to do it, though. The plastic will scorch and turn black, but not burn.

Wendy, feel free to PM me if you need specifics. Basically if you mention the bucket, bottle and ice water, most people are going to know what kind of gravity bong your character is making. It's so simple a kid can do it. Which is scary, but that's a whole other thread...

Scorched and black counts as not usable as a pipe for me. I have had plastic melt.

But gravity bongs!!! omg totally forgot about that. I swear, my interest in engineering started as one of those necessity mothering invention things. ;)

kaitiepaige17
07-01-2010, 09:42 AM
A guy friend of mine made a bong out of a Jack Daniels bottle...

My post should be enough of a comment on, um, how well it worked.... :D

And another guy friend of mine showed up knocking on my dorm door one afternoon with a bong made out of a 2 liter and duct tape. Never heard how that one went, though....

divy
07-01-2010, 12:06 PM
my brother made one out of an empty honey bear (you know, the plastic honey bottle shaped like a bear) and one out of a plastic Cartman (from south park) toy.

my parents did the apple thing. yes, i said my parents.

i'm the goody two-shoes in the family... :Shrug:

GeorgeK
07-01-2010, 02:50 PM
the lazy stoner's pipe."

wait, one stoner calling another stoner lazy?

WendyNYC
07-01-2010, 06:51 PM
You all are an inventive bunch, that's for sure.

Thanks again!

Mr Flibble
07-01-2010, 08:16 PM
A guy friend of mine made a bong out of a Jack Daniels bottle...

My post should be enough of a comment on, um, how well it worked.... :D

And another guy friend of mine showed up knocking on my dorm door one afternoon with a bong made out of a 2 liter and duct tape. Never heard how that one went, though....

Ah the days of the bucket bong....

You can do all sorts with the cardboard inner tubes inside clingfilm etc, and with frozen glasses, and wallcreepers are...

Um,

Allegedly.:D

auntybug
07-01-2010, 08:22 PM
As Denis Leary once said "Marijuana doesn't lead to other drugs, it leads to carpentry!"

:roll:

I was going to look for that youtube link when I saw this thread!

tjwriter
07-01-2010, 08:23 PM
This thread brings back sooooooo many memories.

Ah, past life, how funny you are.

PeterL
07-01-2010, 09:20 PM
Definitely go with the beer or soda can. Readily available and very easy.

And I'm thinking... A kazoo could possibly work.

Yes, kazoos work. I once knew someone who played a kazoo and had a screen for it also. It worked very well.

Wayne K
07-02-2010, 12:21 AM
I'm smoking from a pipe right now that is made from parts of pipes from years past. Do ya want a picture or a thousand words?

Wayne K
07-02-2010, 12:22 AM
PM me if you're in the NW parts of Connecticut....we can hang

kaitiepaige17
07-02-2010, 12:22 AM
I'm smoking from a pipe right now that is made from parts of pipes from years past. Do ya want a picture or a thousand words?

A hit, please.

Wayne K
07-02-2010, 12:23 AM
Wow that was fast, one at a time guys :D

Let me empty my PM box

Rufus Coppertop
07-03-2010, 05:53 AM
:evil I just saw the 80's flash before my eyes!!!

Did the early nineties float by in their wake, giggling and smiling fatuously?

Rufus Coppertop
07-03-2010, 05:55 AM
PM me if you're in the NW parts of Connecticut....we can hang

If you ever come to Melbourne, Australia, let me know. I can still get some nice weed if I want to.

kaitiepaige17
07-03-2010, 05:56 AM
If you ever come to Melbourne, Australia, let me know. I can still get some nice weed if I want to.

ROAAAADDD TRIIIIPPPPP!!!!!

Wayne K
07-03-2010, 06:10 AM
:D

thothguard51
07-03-2010, 06:30 AM
Ohhh look, granddad left his old WW2 type gas mask in the garage. Lets see, what we can do with it...

1...Disconnect the hose from the cannister. Throw cannister away.

2...In the now free end of hose, create a foil bowl with tiny pin holes.

3...Put mask on, load foil bowl, light up and breath deeply.

4...Do not attempt this while driving, sky diving, or working on oil rigs.

thothguard51
07-03-2010, 06:33 AM
wait, one stoner calling another stoner lazy?

Yes, they have rules you know...

Rufus Coppertop
07-06-2010, 03:47 PM
Yes, they have rules you know...

Passing the bong clockwise is a pretty important one. If you pass it anticlockwise, it accumulates negativity and the cops bust you and confiscate your stash.