PDA

View Full Version : Bulwer Lytton 2010

suemont
06-30-2010, 09:50 PM
I love this site: http://www.bulwer-lytton.com/

The Grump
07-01-2010, 07:05 PM
Thanks for the link. My old man will chuckle for days.

Eddyz Aquila
07-03-2010, 04:24 AM
Oh dear, some of them were just incredible

"Trent, I love you," Fiona murmered, and her nostrils flared at the faint trace of her lover's masculine scent, sending her heart racing and her mind dreaming of the life they would live together, alternating sumptuous world cruises with long, romantic interludes in the mansion on his private island, alone together except for the maids, the cook, the butler, and Dirk and Rafael, the hard-bodied pool boys.

It was a risky production unlike any mounted prior on the Met stage, the orchestra first imitating the perpetually beating heart of a man walled-in while in pursuit of wine , and then a soprano singing the plaintive aria of a barely alive woman stuffed up a chimney as her ancestral home was destroyed; however, it certainly was Opera Poe.

My favourite

In Southwestern Germany just east of the Luxemburg border and north of France where history pitted various related Hapsburg Royals against each other and the Archbishops of Trier, the Abbots of St. Maximin, various members of the nobility, and mobs of axe-bearing villagers, there stands a ruin whose building stones mostly were carted off to build other buildings.

Brilliant. Hilarious too.

Shadow_Ferret
07-03-2010, 04:36 AM
I've never really understood why "It was a dark and stormy night;...." was bad writing. I think he has a nice description of the storm there.

suemont
07-03-2010, 04:20 PM
I've never really understood why "It was a dark and stormy night;...." was bad writing. I think he has a nice description of the storm there.

LOL, Shadow_Ferret. (I secretly agree with you). But you have to admit, the ones in the competition are dire - I like the one which says her thighs were so fat and sweaty they stuck together like walruses (or something like that).

Shadow_Ferret
07-03-2010, 06:44 PM
Oh, yes, the ones in the competition are bad, and you can tell they were trying to be bad.

However, I did like the one with the gorilla encounter where the soldier "resembled nothing so much as a crumpled up piece of khaki-colored construction paper that had been dipped in La Victoria chunky salsa". :D