• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Writing Partner For Ground-Up Book

Status
Not open for further replies.

icyflames

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for a writing partner where we would both, preferably, be working from the ground up (I'm about a page in mine :p ). My book is YA urban fantasy, but I'm open to all genres except mysteries, thrillers, and high/traditional fantasy.

Please email me at silverfalcon42[at]gmail[dot]com or reply to this thread. Also, please include around 250 words of sample writing. Here are the first 250 of my WIP:

" Let me tell you something: I'm not a bad guy. I even like to think of myself as a good sort of person, the kind of guy you know you can trust. It's just that I always seem to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Take last week. School had just ended and I was at my locker, taking the books I needed and stuffing them in the backpack. Tiffany – who, by the way, is a real piece of work – was nearby, waiting for her boyfriend, Will. This boyfriend also happened to be my ex-best friend.
I'd had to stay a few minutes late after class to speak with Mrs. Mallow about why it was not a good sign that I could spell words with my grades, and so by the time I was able to do this book-stuffing-into-backpack business, the halls were pretty much cleared out.
Tiffany was leaning against Will's locker, rooting through one of those tote bags all the girls seemed to be carrying around, and she looked up and asked, “Do you think my lip gloss is okay?”
Now, my eyesight isn't anything to brag about, so when I squinted at her, her lips looked pretty much like they usually did. That is, plump and soft and kiss-able. She was prattling on about how she was worried they might be smudged, and I couldn't help but look closer and closer until she suddenly shut up and my face was in front of hers.
That was when Will decided to show up."

I've been writing for seven years, but about 2-3 years seriously. I have a decent amount of experiencing in critiquing, both technically and in-depth (like finding plot holes, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.