I will submit by Christmas

tiny

riding the sun
Registered
Reaction score
Southern California between the Desert and the Mou
Website
www.facebook.com
No more excuses. No more whining. No more putting it off because of easier things to do. I will write a synopsis. I will write a query. I will put together a list of agents to submit my manuscript to. By Christmas. It will be my gift to myself... My stomach hurts. I think I'll lay down.

-chris

OneTeam OneDream

Been a long time...
Registered
Reaction score
tiny terror said:
No more excuses. No more whining. No more putting it off because of easier things to do. I will write a synopsis. I will write a query. I will put together a list of agents to submit my manuscript to. By Christmas. It will be my gift to myself... My stomach hurts. I think I'll lay down.

-chris

Good Luck. Trust me, when you write that last sentence on your first draft, you will breathe a sigh of relief and have a feeling of accomplishment, because face it, you just wrote a book! It is one of the greatest feelings in the world.

tiny

riding the sun
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Trouble is, I have the book written. A million drafts, edits, rewrites, tweeking, beta readers. I've just been a big baby about writing the synopsis.

And let's face it, it's so easy to say you haven't been rejected when you just haven't tried. I'm giving myself a big time frame because time related stress makes me shut down.

I actually have three books (don't throw stuff at me), two which are no where near ready to submit. But publicly proclaiming that I will do this might just force me to.

-chris

OneTeam OneDream

Been a long time...
Registered
Reaction score
tiny terror said:
Trouble is, I have the book written. A million drafts, edits, rewrites, tweeking, beta readers. I've just been a big baby about writing the synopsis.

And let's face it, it's so easy to say you haven't been rejected when you just haven't tried. I'm giving myself a big time frame because time related stress makes me shut down.

I actually have three books (don't throw stuff at me), two which are no where near ready to submit. But publicly proclaiming that I will do this might just force me to.

-chris

And I can guarantee the great people here at AW will hold you to it!

Make sure to use all of the great resources here, they are everywhere!

tiny

riding the sun
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Okay, I started my research. My hardcore research that is. Listing agents, checking, reading. Set up a spreadsheet. Woohoo. I'm setting my sights way high. I just can't decide - should I go for an agent or submit directly to publishers who accept manuscripts? Hmmm...

-chris

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Good luck to you! I always stop after the manuscript is finished and move on to the next one. The other tasks have always seemed to daunting for me. Good luck. Push yourself. Oh, and Merry Christmas to you!

tiny

riding the sun
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
why I write and why it took me so dang long to start

I have to do it. I have to submit. I've spent the last fifteen years of my life flittering from one thing to another. It started in college. One major after another. Took me almost six years to graduate because I had so many classes that just didn't count toward the major I was puttering in at the moment.

Then, just when I thought I would continue on in school, I opened a pottery studio. I did that for a while. Moderate success, though I never really put myself out there. I have a few pieces sitting in collections at museums, but never entered too many shows. I started to sculpt. It was fun. Made tiles. Gave lessons. When I began training in a martial art, I threw myself into it and shut down my studio. Earned my pretty belt and got certified to teach. Still, I felt like I was drifting. And living in my own head.

Do you ever lay in bed and try to push your dreams in a certain direction? I do. I retreat behind my eyes and push people around like pawns on a chess board. It keeps me up. But now, since they're all on paper, I can sleep. The nightmares are subsiding.

I need to find my place. I hope it's between the covers of a book.

-chris

Last edited:

Storyteller5

Say something...
Registered
Reaction score
Yay! Congrats on taking the step and submitting. Christmas is my goal too! :)