PDA

View Full Version : The problem with losing my job...

Yeshanu
06-29-2010, 05:56 AM
...is not so much the lost income--let's face it, I was earning fifty cents over minimum.

No, it's the lost community of like-minded souls, people who would totally understand why I find this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjcFQquHipE&feature=related) awesome.

So I guess I'll just have to inflict it on you... :D

thothguard51
06-29-2010, 06:00 AM
About the video, I quess its one of those had to be there type of things...

As to the job, well now you will have more time to search Utube for other fasinating videos...

Good luck in the near future...

Susie
06-29-2010, 07:40 AM
That bites about your job, Yeshanu, but bet you'll get a much better one in no time! Much good luck 'n good vibes to you. :Hug2:s

regdog
06-29-2010, 02:03 PM
...is not so much the lost income--let's face it, I was earning fifty cents over minimum.

No, it's the lost community of like-minded souls, people who would totally understand why I find this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjcFQquHipE&feature=related) awesome.

So I guess I'll just have to inflict it on you... :D

:roll:

:Hug2: about your job

Unique
06-29-2010, 02:31 PM
why

Yeshanu
06-30-2010, 12:13 AM
Why not? :D

(Assuming you're asking about the video, and not my job...)

SWest
06-30-2010, 12:20 AM
:popcorn:

:Wha:

:D

:ROFL:

:Clap:

:Thumbs:

:kiss:

Maryn
06-30-2010, 12:40 AM
Yashanu, you know already that I agree the job loss is a damned shame, but consider this. Those people who got you, who are like-minded, who share your sense of humor, are still around. You just have to find new ways to connect with them, and to meet their other friends.

In my city, certain types of events and volunteer opportunities put you in such company. Terrific people walk for MS, volunteer at ACLU, and work behind the scenes at the local not-for-profit live theatre--but not the same kinds of terrific people.

You've just got to figure out where the right kind are hanging out!

Maryn, who loved that video

Mela
06-30-2010, 03:50 AM
Maryn makes sense. You posted to my job loss thread 4 months ago so I feel I should return the encouragement: Go forth and reconnect. Like-minded people can be found in all sorts of places.

Mela
06-30-2010, 03:53 AM
...and loved the video.

DianeL
06-30-2010, 04:53 AM
Yeshanu, I don't know you, but I do know what you mean. Frankly, it's rare for me to feel any depth of kinship with the people I work with, BUT I do miss the simple reality of daily human companionship (my layoff was 3-31, so I'm really at kookoopants level at this point in the game). Volunteering and networking are good, but nothing can come close to the proportion and frequency of human companionship like working for a living. My dog is wonderful, beautiful company, but she's got poor English skills at best, and she naps an AWFUL lot more than would be wise for me to emulate!

AW seems to provide a bit of an option too - particularly for connecting via sharing wacky vids. Thanks for the one above, and best of luck to you.

*Has an interview on Thursday*
*Really hopeful*

Silver King
06-30-2010, 06:30 AM
Best of luck with the interview on Thursday, Diane. Whatever happens, please let us know how you make out.

By the way, welcome to AW. :)

DianeL
06-30-2010, 08:20 PM
Oh - thank you! I apologize to Yeshanu, I didn't mean to make this thread About Me.

Yeshanu
06-30-2010, 11:45 PM
*Has an interview on Thursday*
*Really hopeful*

Oh - thank you! I apologize to Yeshanu, I didn't mean to make this thread About Me.

No worries, Diane. This isn't really my pity party thread--that one's over in conquering challenges. I just wanted to share the video. It does seem like a few folks here "got it". :D

And I still have my daughter, who watched it, and sent me a similar one back. :D :D

Best of luck on the interview. I'll be sending positive vibes your way.

auntybug
06-30-2010, 11:56 PM
Great video!

Sorry about your job. I work alone & am still not with like-minded people. What a bitch I work with! ;)

Thank dog for AW, eh? :D

PoppysInARow
07-01-2010, 03:27 AM
That video made my life. <3

Hope you have good luck in the job search.

Yeshanu
07-01-2010, 09:41 PM
Sorry about your job. I work alone & am still not with like-minded people. What a bitch I work with! ;)

I'm considering self-employment, but there in a nutshell is the problem--namely, the nut I'd have to work for... :tongue

Shadow_Ferret
07-01-2010, 09:43 PM
I'm considering self-employment, but there in a nutshell is the problem--namely, the nut I'd have to work for... :tongue

I'd consider self-employment, except I have no money to pay myself with.

DianeL
07-02-2010, 01:55 AM
Interview: yummy delicious. I want this job.

Decision: tomorrow, they hope. So the suspense will not be painfully protracted!

Cassiopeia
07-02-2010, 02:12 AM

So I guess I'll just have to inflict it on you... :DSWEET! Love the video. That reminds me, I need to figure out why my old Super Mario Brothers game didn't work when we hooked it up a few weeks back for the first time in years. LOL.

Yeshanu, I guess you found another like mind. :)

Yeshanu
07-02-2010, 05:55 PM
Interview: yummy delicious. I want this job.

Decision: tomorrow, they hope. So the suspense will not be painfully protracted!

Still sending vibes, Diane. Tell us how it went!

bettielee
07-03-2010, 02:00 AM
hmmm... I got "this video is private."

Which makes me think you were showing us a dirty video?

Darnit.
I miss all the fun.

Best of luck with jobs, guys. :)

Yeshanu
07-03-2010, 03:36 AM
Just got that now too. It must have been removed because of copyright problems--the guy was playing Nintendo music. :(

ETA: Yep, that's probably it. He's removed all of the stuff where he plays along to vidoe games.

DianeL
07-03-2010, 05:42 AM
Dirty, dirty Nintendo music.

BAW-ch-k-WAW-WAW-WAW-WAAAWWWW

Hee.

I have to say, it's very much to my surprise: but apparently I was the runaway winning candidate for this one.

I got it.

And the offer was GOOD, and the bene's are amazing. So there is that.

Yeshanu, thank you. :)