PDA

View Full Version : Video we made in 1995: scene from Tony n Tina's Wedding for theater class

underthecity
06-28-2010, 09:38 PM
After all these years, fifteen, to be exact, I've finally uploaded a video to youtube that we made in a theater class in college.

I was a theater minor and was taking a theater directing class. One of the class projects was to direct a scene from a play of our choice. I tried for something different: interactive theater, and chose Tony n Tina's Wedding. I had never seen this play before, but the idea of it intrigued me, so I gave it a try.

The scene I chose took place at the reception, and I had to truncate the scene and focus only on about ten minutes of action. I played the DJ (you can see me to the right making announcements) and the rest of the cast was made up of theater students and friends of mine (who weren't theater students or actors).

It took place in the "acting room" with the rest of the class, and invited guests, to watch and participate.

It turned out really well, and I was very pleased and I think I got an A on the assignment.

Around 1999 or so, I did finally get a chance to see Tony n Tina's Wedding for real, and was very surprised to see how close I came to emulating it, especially since I had never even heard of it before I took the class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fZEE4L1Qxs

Please enjoy!

Allen