PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Get Through the Week or I'm Getting Married on Thursday!

Alpha Echo
06-28-2010, 04:15 PM
I'm at work, today through Wednesday, and I can't concentrate worth anything! I'm so glad I finished my WIP last week because I definitely wouldn't be able to do it now.

I'm positively giddy, and I don't know how I'm going to get through the week, especially since, with July 4 coming up very soon and working for the government....work is soooooo slooooow.

Help me get through this week! Keep me occupied and distracted!!!

Lauretta
06-28-2010, 04:26 PM
Awww! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! That's great, the dream comes true!!! I am truly happy for you!!
Have you picked up the dress? The venue? Where are you getting married?
It'll be a wonderful week!
That'll be the last week of your non married life!!!

To keep you otherwise occupied:

- have a back massage
- have a facial massage
- have a hands massage
- have a feet massage
- go to a spa
- ... to be continued

Elaine Margarett
06-28-2010, 04:30 PM
Congratulations!!

But to put it in perspective, the wedding is just one day. It's the marriage that counts. So whatever does or does not go perfect on that one special day really pales in comparison.

Have a wonderful happy life! May all your dreams come true. :-)

Alpha Echo
06-28-2010, 04:30 PM
Haha! I did all that Saturday actually with future female in-laws! It was amazing!

It's a small wedding, the second for both of us. I have a simple but gorgeous dress. We'll say "I do" under a huge oak tree in our friend's backyard. His daughter will be the flower girl/ring bearer. My friend is doing the photography, and only our closet friends and immediate family (minus my mom and siblings...) will be there.

Then July 10, the next weekend we have the Little One will be a huge-ass pig roast/party to celebrate!

Alpha Echo
06-28-2010, 04:32 PM
Congratulations!!

But to put it in perspective, the wedding is just one day. It's the marriage that counts. So whatever does or does not go perfect on that one special day really pales in comparison.

Have a wonderful happy life! May all your dreams come true. :-)

Exactly why it's a very simple ceremony with a "Wedding celebrant" from the county doing the wedding. I'm more excited about the marriage than the wedding. I'm just so happy...I can't believe how much I love him and his little girl.

And to think I thought I loved my ex! Well, I guess I did, but it was totally different than this.

stormie
06-28-2010, 05:28 PM
Okay, trying to distract Alpha.... Hmmm....

http://bestsmileys.com/bouncing/3.gif

http://bestsmileys.com/bouncing/9.gif

http://bestsmileys.com/bouncing/10.gif

http://bestsmileys.com/bouncing/16.gif

Don't know if that helped any. Probably gave you a headache. Anyway, congrats--and it's only a few days more!

quickWit
06-28-2010, 05:31 PM
Help me get through this week! Keep me occupied and distracted!!!

*flexes glutes*
that should get you to Wednesday, at least. :D

CACTUSWENDY
06-28-2010, 05:54 PM
W00t!. You can sing all week...."I'm getting married in the Morning. (Insert proper day here and sing in a British accent.) Ding, dong, the bells are going to ring.....etc. etc."

Best wishes to you both. :snoopy:

PandaPolka
06-28-2010, 05:59 PM
Being engaged, I had to stop in and say congratulations on the upcoming wedding! ^_^

Alpha Echo
06-28-2010, 06:41 PM
Haha, thanks everyone!

And quickWit....thanks for that. I'm good now! Completely distracted!

spamwarrior
06-28-2010, 07:28 PM
Huge congratulations!

Alpha Echo
06-28-2010, 07:51 PM
Thanks! I'm so excited! I'm just so happy and so...content. I think it's sad that not everyone gets the chance to feel this way.

lnmorton
06-28-2010, 09:24 PM
I just wanted to drop in and say that I read your subject line as a threat. "Help me get through the week...or else"!

Also, congratulations on, you know, that wedding thing :)

Alpha Echo
06-28-2010, 10:38 PM
Haha, thank you!

quickWit
06-28-2010, 10:41 PM
And quickWit....thanks for that. I'm good now! Completely distracted!

Consider it my wedding gift to you, Alpha.
*flexes gall bladder*
Happy Day!

stormie
06-28-2010, 11:19 PM
Oh come on, quickWit, no running through the thread with pants over your head?! That'd be a great distraction. :D

quickWit
06-28-2010, 11:31 PM
Oh come on, quickWit, no running through the thread with pants over your head?! That'd be a great distraction. :D
I'd need to be wearing pants first.
*flexes [CENSORED]*

Oh yeah, baby...drink it all in. :D

HelloKiddo
06-29-2010, 12:17 AM
The title of this thread reads like blackmail.

"Help me get through the week or I'm getting married on Thursday."

Wow...uh...OK. That's a weird threat. Don't worry though, man, we'll get you through this. Don't do anything rash, OK?

spamwarrior
06-29-2010, 12:25 AM
I'd need to be wearing pants first.
*flexes [CENSORED]*

Oh yeah, baby...drink it all in. :D

you have a sexy gall bladder.

Duchessmary
06-29-2010, 01:27 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!! :TheWave:

heyjude
06-29-2010, 02:22 AM

Haha, I thought the same thing. :)

Best wishes, sweet Alpha. You deserve a wonderful life. He sounds like he's incredible and that you'll have a beautiful family.

If you can just make it through without being blinded by that thing quickWit is swinging at you...

jvc
06-29-2010, 02:43 AM
Okay, a challenge for you to help you keep distracted. You have to say the word 'banana' in as many conversations as you can between now and your wedding day. Plus, at least 20 times on your wedding day. :D

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Cassiopeia
06-29-2010, 02:46 AM
Okay, a challenge for you to help you keep distracted. You have to say the word 'banana' in as many conversations as you can between now and your wedding day. Plus, at least 20 times on your wedding day. :D

:banana: :banana: :banana:oh yeah that's right, let's give her advice that will end up with her missing her wedding cos the fellows in the white jackets come to take her away to some place safe. :D

Alpha Echo
06-29-2010, 03:32 PM

Oh, man! I didn't see it that way! Haha!!!

If you can just make it through without being blinded by that thing quickWit is swinging at you...

I know! I'm not sure I can handle this...

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Hahaha!

I love bananas. I have a banana to slice into my oatmeal this morning for breakfast. I think I'll only eat half of the banana and save the other half of the banana for later.

How's that for starters? :D

sassandgroove
06-29-2010, 08:52 PM
I am so glad for you. I am not sure how to distract you, but Quicky is enough don't you think?

Alpha Echo
06-29-2010, 08:53 PM
I wish. Today is just CRAWLING by. And I still have tomorrow at work. I can't work or focus or anything....ugh.

Alpha Echo
06-29-2010, 08:54 PM
It doesn't help that there isn't much work right now.

sassandgroove
06-29-2010, 10:41 PM
What kind of dress do you have?
Cake?
How many people?
What kind of food?
Music?
How did he propose?

Susie
06-29-2010, 10:58 PM
Congrats 'n way2go, alpha. Calls for :Cake:s 'n :popcorn:s 'n :partyguy: 'n mo' :Cake:s. We're all going to alpha's wedding :D

Alpha Echo
06-30-2010, 03:55 PM
What kind of dress do you have?
Cake?
How many people?
What kind of food?
Music?
How did he propose?

My dress is gorgeous - simple but classy. http://www.aphrobridal.com/productshopxp.asp?id=1573 (http://www.aphrobridal.com/productshopxp.asp?id=1573)

One of SO's sisters is bringing a cake, so it'll be a surprise.

Only about 15 people, give or take.

Grilled chicken and side dishes and desserts, brought by everyone else. :) And champagne, of course.

No music.

He never really proposed...we just have always known. I mean, from 3 weeks in, it was a given that we'd be married one day. It's weird. And we didn't want to spend money on a ring right now. We're focusing on getting some things paid off and saving so we can retire in Balize. :D

I am so leaving at 11 today. Half day. I've got stuff to do!

Yeshanu
06-30-2010, 06:43 PM
Good luck, April. May your special day be truly great!

spamwarrior
06-30-2010, 07:37 PM
That is a gorgeous dress. I love the simplicity of it!

Wayne K
06-30-2010, 07:48 PM
So, you're going to wear white huh?

*runs away*

sassandgroove
06-30-2010, 09:02 PM
My dress is gorgeous - simple but classy. http://www.aphrobridal.com/productshopxp.asp?id=1573 (http://www.aphrobridal.com/productshopxp.asp?id=1573)

One of SO's sisters is bringing a cake, so it'll be a surprise.

Only about 15 people, give or take.

Grilled chicken and side dishes and desserts, brought by everyone else. :) And champagne, of course.

No music.

He never really proposed...we just have always known. I mean, from 3 weeks in, it was a given that we'd be married one day. It's weird. And we didn't want to spend money on a ring right now. We're focusing on getting some things paid off and saving so we can retire in Balize. :D

I am so leaving at 11 today. Half day. I've got stuff to do!oh have a wonderful time! I'm so happy for you.

post pictures when you have a chance. The linky isn't working for some reason.I googled them and that didn't work either.

SWest
06-30-2010, 11:56 PM
You have great taste in wedding wear, so I'll imagine you've picked the Right Guy too!

Enjoy the excitement (as much as you will enjoy the end of the whirlwind).

:)