I just unearthed a whole stack of (not so old) lottery tickets

Plot Device

A woman said to write like a man.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sandwichboardroom.blogspot.com
They're all Mega-Million tickets, dating from July of last year up through September. I bought them all myself week after week while I was visiting my mom in the hospital (she died in September and I moved in September to my new job). The hospital where she spent the last few months of her life had a pharmacy in it and I would stop by and purchase a few tickets on my way out the door every night. Then I moved to my new home the 1st of September, she died on the 17th of September, and I totally forgot about them. I found them in a box this morning.

It will take me probably an hour to sort them all out and them start looking up the numbers online to see if any of them are winners. I don't have time to do it today, but perhaps later this week.

I confess I don't recall anything in the news about anyone in Massachusetts hitting the big jackpots. But maybe I'll have one of those tickets that wins you eighty bucks or something like that,

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Waiting......

Ah, if by chance you find you did win some big time money, do you think I could hit you up for a loan? :evil (Wishes you much success....)

Plot Device

A woman said to write like a man.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sandwichboardroom.blogspot.com
I decided a long time ago that if I ever won the lottery I wouldn't tell a soul. The only person I would tell would be an old friend of mine who is a financial advisor down in New York. I'd ring him up, tell him I need some assistance, then he and I can spend a few months trying to sort it all out.

Only AFTER I had cashed the ticket, paid the taxes, and set up a modest new life for myself would I tell just very close friends and family that "I've come into some money recent'y" and offer to help them out a bit.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck and remember MA voids tickets if prizes are not claimed within one year of purchase

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Some places have stations set up where you can scan the bar codes of the tickets yourself. Much faster than waiting for a clerk to find the time to do it for you.

And do hurry--lottery tickets are void 1 year after the drawing date.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Hum...so I guess the loan is out? Sigh. Oh well, best wishes anyway. ;)