Step 1: The Agent

OneTeam OneDream

Been a long time...
Registered
Reaction score
if you want to sign with me I
would like to represent you.

Those words have changed my life! I now have an agent for my first book! Thanks to the AW crew, I know that is

1. A legit agent (non-fee charging)

2. An agent with a track record of sales

3. An agent that gets clients books in traditional B&M stores!

I owe all of you at AW a big THANK YOU!

I didn't sleep last night! This is the biggest news I've had in a long long time!

Chris

WVWriterGirl

Inked Mom
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! What's one of them baseball good luck things you do...don't change your socks if you're on a winning streak? Then, don't change them socks!

:)

WVWG

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
That is so wonderful!! I've seen your posts and you've been diligent. Combined with a story and the talent to put it down, that's the last piece of the puzzle. Congratulations!! (Your story is from my old stomping grounds. I grew up in Alexandria, Virginia - TC Titans.) Can't wait to hear what happens next. Good luck!

OneTeam OneDream

Been a long time...
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone.

:partyguy: :partyguy: Just a couple more balloons for me and that's it.

AZ, if you want to see the letter that this agent saw, I can dig it up, but she got the first draft query, and I spent tons of time (with help from a certian someone around here!) fixing it and perfecting it, and was getting 100% success rate with it, but the agent I got was one of the first I queried. She saw the old letter, so now I'm not sure if that one was good or bad.
Chris

mommie4a

Mother of All Addictions
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jillmillerzimon.com
Chris - Is that not the way it goes in life so often!!? With our gut, what we first put down!?

Wow. That is so excellent. I'm really, really happy for you. And I echo what someone else posted re: you were diligent. You WERE and so even if it was one of the first draft queries, chances are that the agent saw in you what we've all seen too - which is the basis for something great that, with the right agent and assistance, you have the ability to turn into a huge success for yourself.

Awesome.

If you wouldn't mind - and it's okay if you do - would you mind saying who the agent is that's accepted you? I understand if you prefer not to - just thought I'd ask.

Jill

Lauri B

I Heart Mac
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Way to go, Chris! Keep us posted on what happens next--I think learning how you go through the process will be really useful for many people here.
Congrats!

OneTeam OneDream

Been a long time...
Registered
Reaction score
Nomad said:
Way to go, Chris! Keep us posted on what happens next--I think learning how you go through the process will be really useful for many people here.
Congrats!

Lauri, you read my mind. I have actually set up http://1teamonedream.blogspot.com/ as a way to show people what happens in the world of a first time writer. When something happens (or doesn't) I'll explain it, in detail. Sure, not every experience is the same for everyone, but it should hopefully give people a good idea about what "happens next."

THANKS TO EVERYONE for your kind words and encouragement!

Chris

Last edited: