The Create Your Own Story Game

Titus Raylake

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Okay, here's how the game goes:

I will start a story. Then, the next person will continue it by adding a paragraph of their own. This will continue, with every person continuing where the last poster left off in the story.

Okay, I will begin the story:

There was an elf woman named Varia, and an arrogant warrior called Silva. These two people, who did not know each other well, met in a temple one day.

Then, someone should take the story from there.

Last edited:

ANNIE

Registered
Reaction score
Silva, breathless and in pain, held a hand over the still bleeding wound and approached the woman cautiosly, he needed her help.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I took the liberty of a very slight rewrite. Is that okay? It's easier to keep up with if the previous posts are cut and pasted to the new post.

There was once an elf woman named Varia, and an arrogant warrior called Silva. These two, who did not know each other well, met in a temple one day. Silva, breathless and in pain, held a hand over the still bleeding wound and approached the woman cautiously, for he needed her help this once.

"I have just came from a great battle," Silva said, in almost a whisper. "I need help, for I am wounded."

"That I see, that I see," replied Varia. "But what help can an elf be to one such as thee?"

"I beg of you, soothe and bind my wounds. Use the magic that all elves are said to possess. For I will reward you well."

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
OK HERE GOES! (You said a paragraph, I hope I didn't do too much. * is where I started and * is where I stopped.) Fun!

There was once an elf woman named Varia, and an arrogant warrior called Silva. These two, who did not know each other well, met in a temple one day. Silva, breathless and in pain, held a hand over the still bleeding wound and approached the woman cautiously, for he needed her help this once.

"I have just came from a great battle," Silva said, in almost a whisper. "I need help, for I am wounded."

"That I see, that I see," replied Varia. "But what help can an elf be to one such as thee?"

"I beg of you, soothe and bind my wounds. Use the magic that all elves are said to possess. For I will reward you well."

Varia guided him to a couch and helped him to lay down. She plaed her hands over the wound and concentrated. Minuets later she open her eyes.

“It’s not just the injury,” she said, weary from her effort. “The wound was made by a magical weapon. An illegal magical weapon. This reeks of the essence of the N’hadros.”

“The N’hadros are just an old tale, and not to be believed. Now, heal me, then name your reward!” Silva replied.

“Very well,” Varia said. She palced her hand on Silva’s head, causing him to sleep, then removed the locket from her throat and placed it on his chest.

“The healing of this wound will take many years,” she explained to the sleeping form, “and you must be protected while you dream.” She placed her hand on the wound.

“My reward will be the final defeat of the N’hadros, and you will be the tool of that defeat.”

After making sure he was deep in the healing sleep, she stepped outside of the temple, and raised her arms, placing her hands on the carved pillar at the entrance. The temple shimmered and vanished. Where Varia stood, now stood a bowed hag, dressed in rags.*

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There was once an elf woman named Varia and an arrogant warrior called Silva. These two, who did not know each other well, came to met in a temple one day. Silva, breathless and in pain, held a hand over his still bleeding wound and approached the woman cautiously, for he needed her help this once.

"I have just come from a great battle," Silva said, in almost a whisper. "I need help, for I am wounded."

"I beg of you, soothe and bind my wounds. Use the magic that all elves are said to possess, then shall I will reward you well."

Varia guided Silva to a nearby bench and helped him to lie down. She placed her hands over the wound and concentrated, closing her eyes as she did so. Minutes later she opened her eyes once more.

“It’s not just the injury,” she said, weary from her effort. “The wound was made by a magical weapon, a magical weapon that has fallen into the hands of evil men. This reeks of the essence of the N’hadros.”

“The N’hadros are just an old tale, and not to be believed,” Silva said. “Now, heal me, then name your reward!”

“Very well,” Varia said. She placed her hand on Silva’s head this time, causing him to sleep, then removed the locket from her throat and placed it on his chest.

“The full healing of this wound will take many days,” she explained to the sleeping form, “and you will be protected while you dream.” She placed her hand on the wound.

“My reward will be the final defeat of the N’hadros, and you boastful Silva will be the tool of that defeat.”

After making sure he was deep in the healing sleep, she stepped outside of the temple, and raised her arms, placing her hands on the carved pillar at the entrance. The temple shimmered and vanished. Where Varia stood, now stood a bowed hag dressed in rags.

Days later, Silva awoke. He quickly rose to his feet, fearing at once that the enemy should find him so vulnerable. Silva felt strangely renewed and his full strength had return to him. Remembering the terrible wound he had suffered, he looked down and to his great surprise found that the wound was now healed, only a scar was now visible. But how, he wondered. Ahh, the elf, he finally remembered. The elf used her magic to heal the wound. But why did the elf not demand the reward he had promise? Strange indeed.

Silva looked around. He was in a place he did not recognize. It was a dark and eerie place; full of strange sounds and vapors that seemed to rise from nowhere. Frightened, he reached for his sword and drew it forward. Immediately he knew that the sword was not the one he had carried into battle, for this sword was made of gold.

Last edited:

ANNIE

Registered
Reaction score
sorry to interupt the story but, um (she hangs her head in shame.) how do you cutr and paste to the thread?

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand.

You highlight the text you want to copy and then go to EDIT/COPY...then go to REPLY and PASTE to the new message box. Is that what you meant?

Of course, formatting is a bear around here. I suggest highlighting all the text and changing it to whatever you want to use. I usually use Arial, size 3.

Of course, you don't have to do that. It was only a suggestion on my part since it keeps the writing together.

ac

ANNIE

Registered
Reaction score
#5 alleycat vbmenu_register("postmenu_314827", true);
Chief mouse chaser

[url="http://absolutewrite.com/forums/image.php?u=1845&dateline=1125412948"]http://absolutewrite.com/forums/image.php?u=1845&dateline=1125412948[/url]

reputation_pos.gif

There was once an elf woman named Varia and an arrogant warrior called Silva. These two, who did not know each other well, came to met in a temple one day. Silva, breathless and in pain, held a hand over his still bleeding wound and approached the woman cautiously, for he needed her help this once.

"I have just come from a great battle," Silva said, in almost a whisper. "I need help, for I am wounded."

"I beg of you, soothe and bind my wounds. Use the magic that all elves are said to possess, then shall I will reward you well."

Varia guided Silva to a nearby bench and helped him to lie down. She placed her hands over the wound and concentrated, closing her eyes as she did so. Minutes later she opened her eyes once more.

“It’s not just the injury,” she said, weary from her effort. “The wound was made by a magical weapon, a magical weapon that has fallen into the hands of evil men. This reeks of the essence of the N’hadros.”

“The N’hadros are just an old tale, and not to be believed,” Silva said. “Now, heal me, then name your reward!”

“Very well,” Varia said. She placed her hand on Silva’s head this time, causing him to sleep, then removed the locket from her throat and placed it on his chest.

“The full healing of this wound will take many days,” she explained to the sleeping form, “and you will be protected while you dream.” She placed her hand on the wound.

“My reward will be the final defeat of the N’hadros, and you boastful Silva will be the tool of that defeat.”

After making sure he was deep in the healing sleep, she stepped outside of the temple, and raised her arms, placing her hands on the carved pillar at the entrance. The temple shimmered and vanished. Where Varia stood, now stood a bowed hag dressed in rags.

Days later, Silva awoke. He quickly rose to his feet, fearing at once that the enemy should find him so vulnerable. Silva felt strangely renewed and his full strength had return to him. Remembering the terrible wound he had suffered, he looked down and to his great surprise found that the wound was now healed, only a scar was now visible. But how, he wondered. Ahh, the elf, he finally remembered. The elf used her magic to heal the wound. But why did the elf not demand the reward he had promise? Strange indeed.

Silva looked around. He was in a place he did not recognize. It was a dark and eerie place; full of strange sounds and vapors that seemed to rise from nowhere. Frightened, he reached for his sword and drew it forward. Immediately he knew that the sword was not the one he had carried into battle, for this sword was made of gold.
Last edited by alleycat : Today at 05:36 PM.
There were strange markings down the length of the blade. He did not understand them, but suddenly the mystery was unimportant. One of the shadows seperated themselves from the wall and walked toward him.

Silva crouched low, his blade at the ready,but as the figure entered the dim light, he grew more curious than alarmed. An old woman,crippled and dressed in rags approached him.

"Ah, Silva," she said, "Awake at last."

At her words Silva became increasingly aware of a warmth growing around his neck. His free hand grasped and found a locket there. The heat was becoming uncomfortable and Silva pulled at the thin chain that held it.

To his surprise, the chain remained whole. He tried again with the same results.

"It won't come off Silva, Not until you have repaid your debt." the old woman cackled.

(Thanks Alley Cat)

Last edited:

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, my! I've become part of the story! Where the heck is my sword?

Just kidding, Annie. Next time just be sure to highlight only the text you want to copy. Start right at the beginning of the first sentence.

ac

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There was once an elf woman named Varia and an arrogant warrior called Silva. These two, who did not know each other well, came to met in a temple one day. Silva, breathless and in pain, held a hand over his still bleeding wound as he entered the temple and approached the elf cautiously, for he needed her help this once.

"I beg of you, tend to my wounds. Use the magic that all elves are said to possess, then shall I will reward you well."

Varia smile and then gently guided Silva to a nearby bench and helped him to lie down. She placed her hands over the wound and concentrated, closing her eyes as she did so. Minutes later she opened her eyes once more.

There were strange markings down the length of the blade. He did not understand them, but suddenly the mystery was unimportant. One of the shadows separated themselves from the wall and walked toward him.

Silva crouched low, his blade at the ready, but as the figure entered the dim light, he grew more curious than alarmed. An old woman, crippled and dressed in rags, approached him.

"Ah, Silva," she said, "Awake at last, are you?"

At her words Silva became increasingly aware of warmth growing around his neck. His free hand grasped and found a locket there. The heat was becoming uncomfortable and Silva pulled at the thin chain that held it.

To his surprise, the chain remained whole. He tried again with the same results.

"It won't come off, my dear Silva. Not until you have repaid your debt." the old woman cackled.

“My debt?” Silva asked. The consternation on his face quickly changed to one of surprise and wonder. “The elf! You are the elf who tended my wounds and saved my life.”

“I am many things,” the old woman replied. She carried a wooden cane and used it as she ambled slowly over to Silva. “Now, let us begin, for dawn is near and you have much to do.”

Silva, remembering who he was, raged with anger. He was not to be order about by an old woman or an elf, no matter what mysterious magic powers the woman possessed. He drew himself up to his full seven foot height. The look on his face was one of a man quite sure of himself.

Last edited:

ANNIE

Registered
Reaction score
There was once an elf woman named Varia and an arrogant warrior called Silva. These two, who did not know each other well, came to met in a temple one day. Silva, breathless and in pain, held a hand over his still bleeding wound as he entered the temple and approached the elf cautiously, for he needed her help this once.

"I beg of you, tend to my wounds. Use the magic that all elves are said to possess, then shall I will reward you well."

Varia smile and then gently guided Silva to a nearby bench and helped him to lie down. She placed her hands over the wound and concentrated, closing her eyes as she did so. Minutes later she opened her eyes once more.

There were strange markings down the length of the blade. He did not understand them, but suddenly the mystery was unimportant. One of the shadows separated themselves from the wall and walked toward him.

Silva crouched low, his blade at the ready, but as the figure entered the dim light, he grew more curious than alarmed. An old woman, crippled and dressed in rags, approached him.

At her words Silva became increasingly aware of warmth growing around his neck. His free hand grasped and found a locket there. The heat was becoming uncomfortable and Silva pulled at the thin chain that held it.

"It won't come off, my dear Silva. Not until you have repaid your debt." the old woman cackled.

“My debt?” Silva asked. The consternation on his face quickly changed to one of surprise and wonder. “The elf! You are the elf who tended my wounds and saved my life.”

“I am many things,” the old woman replied. She carried a wooden cane and used it as she ambled slowly over to Silva. “Now, let us begin, for dawn is near and you have much to do.”

Silva, remembering who he was, raged with anger. He was not to be order about by an old woman or an elf, no matter what mysterious magic powers the woman possessed. He drew himself up to his full seven foot height. The look on his face was one of a man quite sure of himself.

"Woman, Don't tell me what to do. I am a warrior and you are nothing but an elf. You have healed me and for that I am grateful but the price you ask is more than I can pay and not one that I ever agreed to."

"Agreed to or not great warrior, You belong to me now until you have done my bidding."

Silva laughed at the old woman, "I belong to no one," he said.

"We shall see." Varia said.

"Enough!" Silva said, and headed for the door. The sudden intense pain that seeped through him dropped him to his knees and stole his breath. He felt as if his very life was being squeezed out of him. He looked tot he old hag in fear and confusion.

"The N'hadros have all but killed my people, warrior. There are only woman and children left now. You owe me your life and until I release you, you will do my bidding- or you will die. Do you understand?"

Silva's vision blurred. He nodded to the elf and felt the world close in around him. Suddenly sweet air rushed into his lungs and the pain disappeared.

"What have you done to me woman?" he asked when he found his voice again.

"I am sorry," Varia said, "I've done what I had to for the sake of my people."

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, Annie, it doesn't look like anyone else is going to join in; not even Titus who started the thread. That sort of takes the fun out of adding to it.

ac

ANNIE

Registered
Reaction score
Boo Hoo, Poor Silva. we'll never know what happens. Come on everyone we have a magically controlled warrior and elf defender who needs help!

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, and the old hag will turn out to be a beautiful virgin named Mirabella!

(That should get 'em; no one can resist a sad but beautiful virgin story! :cry: )

Titus Raylake

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
I have done a little editing to the story for better grammar and spelling (I hope you don't mind). I've also added more to it so we can (hopefully) get to some action soon.

There was once an elf woman named Varia and an arrogant warrior called Silva. These two, who did not know each other well, came to meet in a temple one day. Silva, breathless and in pain, held a hand over his still bleeding wound as he entered the temple and approached the elf cautiously, for he needed her help this once.

"I have just come from a great battle," Silva said, in an almost whisper. "I need help, for I am wounded."

"I beg of you, tend to my wounds. Use the magic that all elves are said to possess, then I shall reward you well."

Varia smiled and gently guided Silva to a nearby bench and helped him to lie down. She placed her hands over the wound and concentrated, closing her eyes as she did so. Minutes later, she opened her eyes once more.

“Very well,” Varia said. She placed her hand on Silva’s head this time, causing him to sleep. Then, she removed the locket from her throat and placed it on his chest.

“My reward will be the final defeat of the N’hadros, and you, boastful Silva, will be the tool of that defeat.”

Days later, Silva awoke. He quickly rose to his feet, fearing at once that the enemy should find him so vulnerable. Silva felt strangely renewed and his full strength had returned to him. Remembering the terrible wound he had suffered, he looked down, and to his great surprise found that the wound was healed. Only a scar was now visible. But how, he wondered. Ah, the elf, he finally remembered. The elf used her magic to heal the wound. But why did the elf not demand the reward he had promised? Strange indeed.

Silva looked around. He was in a place he did not recognize. It was a dark and eerie place; full of strange sounds and vapors that seemed to rise from nowhere. Frightened, he reached for his sword and drew it forward. Immediately, he knew that the sword was not the one he had carried into battle, for this sword was made of gold.

There were strange markings down the length of the blade. He did not understand them. But suddenly, the mystery of this was not important. One of the shadows separated themselves from the wall and walked toward him.

Silva crouched low, his blade at the ready. But as the figure entered the dim light, he grew more curious than alarmed. An old woman, crippled and dressed in rags, approached him.

At her words, Silva became increasingly aware of warmth growing around his neck. His free hand grasped and found a locket there. The heat was becoming uncomfortable and he pulled at the thin chain that held it.

"It won't come off, my dear Silva. Not until you have repaid your debt," the old woman cackled.

Silva, remembering who he was, filled with rage. He was not about to be ordered around by an old woman or an elf, no matter what mysterious magic powers the woman possessed. He drew himself up to his full height of seven feet. The look on his face was one of a man quite sure of himself.

"Woman, don't tell me what to do! I am a warrior and you are nothing but an elf. You have healed me, and for that I am grateful, but the price you ask is more than I can pay, and not one that I would ever agree to."

"Agree to or not, great warrior, you belong to me now. That is, until you have done my bidding."

Silva laughed at the old woman. "I belong to no one," he said.

"We shall see," said Varia.

"Enough!" Silva shouted, and headed for the door. The intense pain that seeped through his body caused him to fall to his knees. He felt as if the very life was being squeezed out of him. He looked at the old hag with both fear and confusion.

"The N'hadros have all but killed my people, warrior. There are only women and children left now. You owe me your life! And until I release you, you will do my bidding -- or you will die. Do you understand?"

Silva's vision blurred. He nodded at the elf and felt the world close in around him. Suddenly, sweet air rushed into his lungs and the pain disappeared.

"What have you done unto me, woman?" he asked.

"Who are you?" Silva asked. "A black sorceress?"

Varia laughed. "Child, child," she said, shaking her head. "You will soon learn that the world is not so black and white."

"Stop talking in circles!" Silva shouted. "Tell me your story, and I will decide whether to help you or not. I am useless to you if I don't have the will to follow your mysterious ways. I do not fear you -- and I do not fear death."

Varia stepped closer to him, and Silva found that she was no longer an old woman. She was very beautiful indeed. Well, for an elf, Silva thought.

Last edited:

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Ok Here a bit more

There was once an elf woman named Varia and an arrogant warrior called Silva. These two, who did not know each other well, came to meet in a temple one day. Silva, breathless and in pain, held a hand over his still bleeding wound as he entered the temple and approached the elf cautiously, for he needed her help this once.

"I have just come from a great battle," Silva said, in an almost whisper. "I need help, for I am wounded."

"I beg of you, tend to my wounds. Use the magic that all elves are said to possess, then I shall reward you well."

Varia smiled and gently guided Silva to a nearby bench and helped him to lie down. She placed her hands over the wound and concentrated, closing her eyes as she did so. Minutes later, she opened her eyes once more.

“Very well,” Varia said. She placed her hand on Silva’s head this time, causing him to sleep. Then, she removed the locket from her throat and placed it on his chest.

“My reward will be the final defeat of the N’hadros, and you, boastful Silva, will be the tool of that defeat.”

Days later, Silva awoke. He quickly rose to his feet, fearing at once that the enemy should find him so vulnerable. Silva felt strangely renewed and his full strength had returned to him. Remembering the terrible wound he had suffered, he looked down, and to his great surprise found that the wound was healed. Only a scar was now visible. But how, he wondered. Ah, the elf, he finally remembered. The elf used her magic to heal the wound. But why did the elf not demand the reward he had promised? Strange indeed.

Silva looked around. He was in a place he did not recognize. It was a dark and eerie place; full of strange sounds and vapors that seemed to rise from nowhere. Frightened, he reached for his sword and drew it forward. Immediately, he knew that the sword was not the one he had carried into battle, for this sword was made of gold.

There were strange markings down the length of the blade. He did not understand them. But suddenly, the mystery of this was not important. One of the shadows separated themselves from the wall and walked toward him.

Silva crouched low, his blade at the ready. But as the figure entered the dim light, he grew more curious than alarmed. An old woman, crippled and dressed in rags, approached him.

At her words, Silva became increasingly aware of warmth growing around his neck. His free hand grasped and found a locket there. The heat was becoming uncomfortable and he pulled at the thin chain that held it.

"It won't come off, my dear Silva. Not until you have repaid your debt," the old woman cackled.

Silva, remembering who he was, filled with rage. He was not about to be ordered around by an old woman or an elf, no matter what mysterious magic powers the woman possessed. He drew himself up to his full height of seven feet. The look on his face was one of a man quite sure of himself.

"Woman, don't tell me what to do! I am a warrior and you are nothing but an elf. You have healed me, and for that I am grateful, but the price you ask is more than I can pay, and not one that I would ever agree to."

"Agree to or not, great warrior, you belong to me now. That is, until you have done my bidding."

Silva laughed at the old woman. "I belong to no one," he said.

"We shall see," said Varia.

"Enough!" Silva shouted, and headed for the door. The intense pain that seeped through his body caused him to fall to his knees. He felt as if the very life was being squeezed out of him. He looked at the old hag with both fear and confusion.

"The N'hadros have all but killed my people, warrior. There are only women and children left now. You owe me your life! And until I release you, you will do my bidding -- or you will die. Do you understand?"

Silva's vision blurred. He nodded at the elf and felt the world close in around him. Suddenly, sweet air rushed into his lungs and the pain disappeared.

"What have you done unto me, woman?" he asked.

"Who are you?" Silva asked. "A black sorceress?"

Varia laughed. "Child, child," she said, shaking her head. "You will soon learn that the world is not so black and white."

"Stop talking in circles!" Silva shouted. "Tell me your story, and I will decide whether to help you or not. I am useless to you if I don't have the will to follow your mysterious ways. I do not fear you -- and I do not fear death."

Varia stepped closer to him, and Silva found that she was no longer an old woman. She was very beautiful indeed. Well, for an elf, Silva thought.

“…well, for an elf,” she echoed, smiling. She ran her hand across his chest, then poked him with a sharp fingernail.

“And you aren’t so ugly, for a human.” She stepped away and sang several clear notes. Two warhorses broke through the brush in front of them.

“We must get to Bob’s Inn before nightfall. N’hadros slime haunt these woods,” she said.

“Bob’s Inn?”

“It’s a fortress, actually. Bob is a little. . . eccentric.”

Titus Raylake

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
LOL, that's awesome, Jaycinth. I found what you added to be exciting and funny at the same time :).

...I guess Varia can hear Silva's thoughts now.

Last edited:

Titus Raylake

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Okay, I'm going to start a Chapter 2 since the last post ended the scene. To clear things up, you only need to cut&paste text from the current chapter.

Okay, I'll start it off:

Chapter 2: Silva's Discovery

Silva stood on the outside deck to Varia's castle. I'm beginning to like that elf. She is...

"Beautiful?" Varia asked with a laugh. "You forget, Silva, that I can read your mind. I know of what you think of me."

Silva blushed, and for once, layed his arrogant outer shell aside. "Varia, you strike me as an amazing woman. When you revealed that you were a dark lord, I was shocked. But now, I see your point of view. Dark lords fight for peace, not destruction."

ANNIE

Registered
Reaction score

Silva stood on the outside deck to Varia's castle. I'm beginning to like that elf. She is...

"Beautiful?" Varia asked with a laugh. "You forget, Silva, that I can read your mind. I know of what you think of me."

Silva blushed, and for once, layed his arrogant outer shell aside. "Varia, you strike me as an amazing woman. When you revealed that you were a dark lord, I was shocked. But now, I see your point of view. Dark lords fight for peace, not destruction."

They walked in silence then. Making their way through dark and tangfled woods. Silva had never been this way before but Varia seemed sure of the path before them.

Darkness consumed everything it touched, Silva could not see his own hand in front of his face so he reached for Varia's hand. She grapsed it and led him through the darkness.

Suddenly she stopped.
"What is it?" he asked her.
She became perfectly still. "Don't move, Bob's here." She said.

out of instinct Silva drew his sword. He heard sudden cackeling laughter and realized he now held decaying vegatation in his hand. Silva dropped the mess in disgust.

"I told you he was eccentric." Varia siad.

threedogpeople

This is my BEST side!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
threedogpeople.blogspot.com

They walked in silence then. Making their way through dark and tangfled woods. Silva had never been this way before but Varia seemed sure of the path before them.

Darkness consumed everything it touched, Silva could not see his own hand in front of his face so he reached for Varia's hand. She grapsed it and led him through the darkness.

Suddenly she stopped.
"What is it?" he asked her.
She became perfectly still. "Don't move, Bob's here." She said.

out of instinct Silva drew his sword. He heard sudden cackeling laughter and realized he now held decaying vegatation in his hand. Silva dropped the mess in disgust.

"I told you he was eccentric." Varia siad.

Silva heard faint movement on the ground. As he looked down, he gasped and took a step backward. The air around him collapsed into a stench so thick that he could feel its evil.

Varia looked at Silva knowingly and said "Come, we must hurry before the Teroc finishes taking shape. It will mask our presence from Bob but it is very dangerous."

Titus Raylake

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score

Darkness consumed everything it touched, Silva could not see his own hand in front of his face so he reached for Varia's hand. She grasped it and led him through the darkness.

Suddenly, she stopped.

"What is it?" Silva asked her.

She became perfectly still. "Don't move, Bob's here."

Out of instinct, Silva drew his sword. He heard sudden cackeling laughter and realized he now held decaying vegatation in his hand. Silva dropped the mess in disgust.

"I told you he was eccentric," said Varia.

Silva heard faint movement on the ground. As he looked down, he gasped and took a step backward. The air around him collapsed into a stench so thick that he could feel its evil.

Varia looked at Silva knowingly and said, "Come, we must hurry before the Teroc finishes taking shape. It will mask our presence from Bob but it is very dangerous."

"What kind of man is this Bob?" Silva asked.

Varia shook her head. "Man? Bob is the legendary Bobcat, who is the guardian of all lands surrounding this region."

Then, Varia took off her clothes and walked in front of Silva. "Don't be shy, Silva, take yours off too. There are no peeping toms in these dark forests. Just you, me... and Bob."

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Hope I got this right. Don't sweat the grammar!

Darkness consumed everything it touched, Silva could not see his own hand in front of his face so he reached for Varia's hand. She grasped it and led him through the darkness.

Suddenly, she stopped.

Out of instinct, Silva drew his sword. He heard sudden cackeling laughter and realized he now held decaying vegatation in his hand. Silva dropped the mess in disgust.

Varia looked at Silva knowingly and said, "Come, we must hurry before the Teroc finishes taking shape. It will mask our presence from Bob but it is very dangerous."

Varia shook her head. "Man? Bob is the legendary Bobcat, who is the guardian of all lands surrounding this region."

Then, Varia took off her clothes and walked in front of Silva. "Don't be shy, Silva, take yours off too. There are no peeping toms in these dark forests. Just you, me... and Bob."

"And do not forget out dear Teroc," A deep voice rumbled. It had a feline quality to it that made Silva shiver. He disrobed as a man-sized creature, dark furred, fanged, and winged materialized from out of the brush.

"Bob!" Silva gasped.

"No, that’s my sweet little Teroc, out to protect our woods," the voice purred.

The air shimmered and a larger creaturematerialized in fron t of them. A creature out of ancient human legend. A Bobcat. A TRUE Bobcat. Silva fell to his knees in awe. The Ghisard Parchments told a story. In the Old world, the Bobcats had been one of the twelve peoples, along with the Elves, Humans, and Dwarves. The Parchments said the Bobcats had been betrayed by the dragons, allowing the Poes of the Dark Circle to gain power. The Poes had seized the Elven Princess and held her hostage until the Elven king had broken the human alliance. A thousand years later the humans could still not forgive. And they remembered. If only the Bobcats. . .

"Well, Varia, I know your smell and I trust you. You need not have. . ." he paused and sniffed again.

"I understand, now, my dear. But this human?" Bob approached Silva and sniffed.

"He was wounded in the fight but still has trouble believing. Are you sure you want his company, Varia? Teroc is hungry."

Varia picked up her clothes. Donning them she approached Bob.

"I healed him, he’s mine."

Bob chuckled. To Silva it sounded like a growl.

"Then, climb up!" Bob invited. He dropped to all fours, his shoulders topping Silva’s head.

Varia leaped up and looked down at Silva.

Titus Raylake

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
"Has everyone left this board?" Silva asked. "We are just starting to get to the juicy center of this story! I am under the control of a dark yet fascinating elf, and you don't want to continue this tale?"

threedogpeople

This is my BEST side!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
threedogpeople.blogspot.com

Suddenly, she stopped.

"And do not forget out dear Teroc," A deep voice rumbled. It had a feline quality to it that made Silva shiver. He disrobed as a man-sized creature, dark furred, fanged, and winged materialized from out of the brush.

"Bob!" Silva gasped.

"No, that’s my sweet little Teroc, out to protect our woods," the voice purred.

The air shimmered and a larger creaturematerialized in fron t of them. A creature out of ancient human legend. A Bobcat. A TRUE Bobcat. Silva fell to his knees in awe. The Ghisard Parchments told a story. In the Old world, the Bobcats had been one of the twelve peoples, along with the Elves, Humans, and Dwarves. The Parchments said the Bobcats had been betrayed by the dragons, allowing the Poes of the Dark Circle to gain power. The Poes had seized the Elven Princess and held her hostage until the Elven king had broken the human alliance. A thousand years later the humans could still not forgive. And they remembered. If only the Bobcats. . .

"Well, Varia, I know your smell and I trust you. You need not have. . ." he paused and sniffed again.

"I understand, now, my dear. But this human?" Bob approached Silva and sniffed.

"He was wounded in the fight but still has trouble believing. Are you sure you want his company, Varia? Teroc is hungry."

Varia picked up her clothes. Donning them she approached Bob.

"I healed him, he’s mine."

Bob chuckled. To Silva it sounded like a growl.

"Then, climb up!" Bob invited. He dropped to all fours, his shoulders topping Silva’s head.

Varia leaped up and looked down at Silva.

Varia reached down and offered Silva her hand. A jolt of ice cold energy surged around them, gasping for breath Silva struggled to maintain consciousness. The air began to take physical form and strange images flooded Silva's mind. The woods gave way to grasslands, which gave way to mountains and water. Silva looked around amazed at the colors of rock, sea and sky, he had heard stories of places where the water stretched to the end of the world but he had never imagined that it would be so beautiful. He was overwhelmed by what he had just experienced...where did reality end and magic begin?

Bob crouched down and the motly party dismounted. Looking around, Bob said, "We should be safe here but keep an eye on Silva, he's an outsider and the others may not accept him".