PDA

View Full Version : sultry French translation

Nianne
06-25-2010, 08:16 PM
Anyone speak French?

If you wanted to say, "My Lord, my love," in French in a sultry way, would you say "Mon Seigneur, mon amour," or would you use a different word choice in that setting?

Drachen Jager
06-25-2010, 08:42 PM
It's a little hard to know the setting. It depends on the relationship, era etc.

You might use, "maître", instead of, "Seigneur". Really need to know more about the situation to be really accurate. Is this guy actually a lord or is she using it as a figure of speech?

PeterL
06-25-2010, 09:28 PM
I think that you should dump the "my lord". Something like "Mon cher je t'aime tante bien." might work.

Nianne
06-26-2010, 07:59 AM
It is a lord. It's a Duke being spoken to by his new wife, after they've had a setback in their relationship. She's trying to put her charms on display, get him to open up again, get him into bed. The time is the 1400s. She's from England, so I was just going to show her using a bit of the French she's learned as an opener to try to soften him up a bit.

Thanks for the help. :)

Nianne
06-26-2010, 08:05 AM
Peter, yours means basically, "My dear whom I love so well," right? It's pretty. Maybe a tad longer or less guessable that I was hoping for, but that may not be possible. I will definately consider it, thank you.

PeterL
06-26-2010, 06:47 PM
Peter, yours means basically, "My dear whom I love so well," right? It's pretty. Maybe a tad longer or less guessable that I was hoping for, but that may not be possible. I will definately consider it, thank you.

It should mean, roughly, "My dear, I love you so much." I think that you would want something like that. Using "my lord" is too formal, but I suppose that some people might use it.