PDA

View Full Version : What game show would you be on if you had the choice?

iParkour
06-24-2010, 02:05 AM
What game show or tv show would you guys like to be on and why?

Mine - Wipeout! It looks way fun, I love obstacle courses and stuff like that, and $50,000 is a nice sum.

CACTUSWENDY
06-24-2010, 02:33 AM
If I was a lot younger I would love to be on Survivor. I can't believe they can't find things to eat. I also would build a very nice place to sleep. Unfortunately because I am skinny...(willowy) I would no doubt die after the first week. Sigh. It seems like they sit around a lot and do nothing. What a waste of good time.

Amazing Race is also a pretty neat thing, but the things they make you eat as part of the challenges, yuk. What a chance of a life time to see the world.

jvc
06-24-2010, 02:48 AM
At the moment, I'd pick Survivor, too. Anything for a few days holiday :D

Wayne K
06-24-2010, 02:52 AM
Jeopardy. I'm a fountain of useless knowledge. There were nights I would have kicked Ken Jennings butt.

robeiae
06-24-2010, 02:56 AM
The Joker's Wild!

*brrrrrrrrrrrrrrp*

"Joker!...Joker!...People Places and things."

"Jack, I'd like to go off the board with Sexy Gameshow Models for $200, please."

Elle
06-24-2010, 02:57 AM
Family Feud or Wheel of Fortune.

jvc
06-24-2010, 03:00 AM
Years ago there was a show called 'The Mole' (I think), not sure if anyone else saw it, but I thought it was pretty good and wouldn't have minded going on that.

Now, if we're talking about real gameshows, then Who Wants to be a Millionaire, or Countdown. Oh, I love Countdown. ONe day I'm going to be an Ultra Famous Author and sit next to Suzy Dent in Dictionary Corner :D

rhymegirl
06-24-2010, 03:25 AM
My husband wants me to go on Wheel of Fortune and win some BIG MONEY!

ChaosTitan
06-24-2010, 03:26 AM
I wanna be on "Cash Cab!" Love that show!

seaaircarol
06-24-2010, 03:41 AM
Years ago there was a show called 'The Mole' (I think), not sure if anyone else saw it, but I thought it was pretty good and wouldn't have minded going on that.

Now, if we're talking about real gameshows, then Who Wants to be a Millionaire, or Countdown. Oh, I love Countdown. ONe day I'm going to be an Ultra Famous Author and sit next to Suzy Dent in Dictionary Corner :D

Oh, I loved "The Mole." I wish it would come back.

I didn't much care for "Celebrity Mole," but I liked it when it was non-celebs.

MsGneiss
06-24-2010, 04:39 AM
I'd like to be on Jeopardy, mostly because it's always been a major ambition of mine to say "potent potables" on national television.

Jersey Chick
06-24-2010, 04:45 AM
Jeopardy because I'd give Wayne a run for his money! :D (We should team up in a Trivial Pursuit contest - we'd kick some serious ass!)

Or Survivor. Just. Because.

Wayne K
06-24-2010, 05:20 AM
I want to be on Survivor: Rikers Island

I'd win no problemo

dgiharris
06-24-2010, 05:27 AM
I've done the Military Version of Survivor called S.E.R.E. and I have absolutely no desire to do another round of living off the land.

Sorry, eating worms and bugs sucks...

The best Game Show ever is Price is Right.

Second Best is Wheel of Fortune.

If you are on either of those shows and fail to win money, then you are a sorry excuse for a land mammal...

Mel...

Wayne K
06-24-2010, 05:30 AM
This (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_for_a_Day) :D

poetinahat
06-24-2010, 05:31 AM
Truth or Consequences

CACTUSWENDY
06-24-2010, 05:36 AM
OH....Deal, or no Deal.....forgot about that one.

Maryn
06-24-2010, 05:27 PM
If only Concentration were still around. I was good at that!

I'll take Cash Cab and/or Jeopardy. Lots of nights, I'd win.

My family has discussed doing Family Feud. We'll be the weirdos all in black, with hats, and very subdued enthusiasm.

Maryn, who should at least go to the local bars' trivia nights

BenPanced
06-24-2010, 05:52 PM
I wanna be on "Cash Cab!" Love that show!
Same here, but it's too danged easy for me. I always mop the floor with the contestants. Otherwise, I'd go for classic "The Price Is Right" with Bob Barker and the original Barker's Beauties (before they were even called that!) Anitra and Janice.

Jcomp
06-24-2010, 07:23 PM
I'm decent with word puzzles and I usually clean up on Wheel of Fortune from the pressure-free comfort of my living room, so I'd pick that. Also, there used to be a show on Game Show Network about movie / music / tv trivia that I actually auditioned for when they came to San Antonio years and years ago. I did solid on the answers but didn't display enough "exuberance" so they passed on me. Not sure if it's still around and can't remember the name, but I'd love to get another shot at that one. I now realize my error of timidity...

Wavy_Blue
06-24-2010, 08:14 PM
Does anyone remember that show that was on...VH1, I think, called something like the World Series of Pop Culture? Well, me and my siblings teamed up would totally pwn that show.

I've always wanted to be on The Price is Right, and I think I could do quite well at Family Feud or Wheel of Fortune.

Oh, and Press Your Luck, of course. "No Whammy, no Whammy...STOP!!!" I've got it down.

Lavern08
06-24-2010, 11:27 PM
I'd like to be Charles Nelson Reilly on Hollywood Squares.

Shadow_Ferret
06-24-2010, 11:33 PM
When I was a kid there was a show called, "Treasure Isle," which was this really cool island, made up of all sorts of neat traps and stuff and IIRC, the contestants had a treasure map, then had to do different things, to advance to find the treasure.

That and Supermarket Sweep. I loved yelling at them to get all the expensive things. "He just filled his cart with packages of hot dogs!" You idiot! Hot dogs are only 2 bucks a pack! Go for the steak right next to it!

ETA! Oh! There was a show with Don Adams from Get Smart! People would come on and act out famous scenes from movies, complete with all the special effects... one was African Queen. I believe the prize was a chance to audition in Hollywood. I can't remember the name of the show though.

ETA ETA! It was called Don Adams' Screen Test. No wonder I couldnt' think of it.

Zoombie
06-25-2010, 12:04 AM
I'd want to be on the Running Man.

Wavy_Blue
06-25-2010, 03:27 AM
NEVERMIND, I have the winner.

http://cdawgownd.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/legendstitlecard.jpg

This was the most awesometacular show that ever. existed. ever.

Lock thread.

EFCollins
06-25-2010, 03:57 AM
OMG @ Wavy Blue

I remember that show! It was great. If I was still a kid, I would so want to be on it. The talking head was awesome.

poetinahat
06-25-2010, 04:01 AM
I wanna change my vote. I'm going for Strikes, Spares and Shmenges (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9ydKAHDIyo) (from the John Candy/Eugene Levy film The Last Polka). Game show starts at around 7:10; The Lucky Frame is at 8:00... hilarious.

MsGneiss
06-25-2010, 04:11 AM
The 1980s version of American Gladiator.

Chumplet
06-25-2010, 04:12 AM
Jeopardy. I am a bottomless pit of useless information.

Psybolt
07-23-2010, 08:25 PM
I too loved the Mole.

But my pick would be Cash Cab. It is very appealing and fast paced.

Lavern08
07-26-2010, 06:57 PM
Name That Tune

(I can name that tune in 3 notes) :)

smcc360
07-26-2010, 07:25 PM
Deathrace 2000. Or Rollerball, if I can be one of the motorcycle guys-- not much of a skater.

plaidearthworm
07-27-2010, 03:39 AM
Of shows still on the air? Definitely Cash Cab. Love that show. Ben was funny in his stand-up special, too. If I could choose from any show, any time, give me Match Game, baby.

Midnight Star
07-27-2010, 10:53 PM
Cash Cab. I usually get the questions right before the contestants. :D

Smileycat
07-27-2010, 11:44 PM
Deal or No Deal...

so I could chase Howie Mandel around with dirty hands!! :evil

Varthikes
07-28-2010, 12:29 AM
When I was younger, I wanted to be on Where in the World is Carmen Sandiago?

That was my favorite show as a child.

Smileycat
07-30-2010, 04:16 AM
When I was younger, I wanted to be on Where in the World is Carmen Sandiago?

That was my favorite show as a child.

I had a Carmen Sandiago video game once. Loved it.

Paul
07-30-2010, 04:19 AM
Deathrace 2000. Or Rollerball, if I can be one of the motorcycle guys-- not much of a skater.
+1

or blankety blank, when Terry was in charge (or Graham)

Varthikes
07-30-2010, 05:31 AM
I had a Carmen Sandiago video game once. Loved it.

I had a board game of it.

bluefeline
07-30-2010, 07:14 AM
Wheel of Fortune or The Price is Right.

thothguard51
07-30-2010, 07:21 AM
Name that stripper...

That is a game show right?

JimmyB27
07-30-2010, 04:36 PM
OH....Deal, or no Deal.....forgot about that one.
Deal or no Deal is the dumbest excuse for a gameshow in the history of dumb gameshows.

However, I would love to go on it, immediately open my box and go, 'I'll have that much please'.

Bufty
07-30-2010, 04:56 PM
Apart from those who came away with some cash, I wonder how many folk who appear on these shows still think it was a good idea after watching themselves on the broadcast version?

And Deal or No Deal is a total farce in pretending folk can make a hoot of difference to the result by concentrating/deciding carefully/taking their time before picking on any box - you may as well flip a coin.

seun
07-30-2010, 04:59 PM
And Deal or No Deal is a total farce in pretending folk can make a hoot of difference to the result by concentrating/deciding carefully/taking their time before picking on any box - you may as well flip a coin.

Yeah, but Noel's got a nice beard.

Shadow_Ferret
07-30-2010, 05:08 PM
Name that stripper...

That is a game show right?

I can name that stripper in three garments!

BenPanced
07-30-2010, 05:51 PM
If I could choose from any show, any time, give me Match Game, baby.
As a contestant or a panelist?

Then again, if you were a panelist, there's the off chance you'd have to sit next to Richard Dawson...:scared:

I figure if I want to study the law of averages, I'll take another science class.

Smileycat
07-30-2010, 08:17 PM
I had a board game of it.

see, that's why, huh?

:)