Stimulus Spending: Strip Club Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with the stimulus bill, but the title was just too compelling. Get over it.

Anyway, in Charlotte, NC, a six-month joint (snark) investigation by the Alcoholic Beverage Commission and the police has climaxed (snark) in the arrest of six women, and warrants for another ten. For indecent exposure.

Apparently they took off their panties. In a strip club. (snark)

No charges were filed against any of the clubs or club owners. No evidence was found that they encouraged the women in any way.

Total possible fines, if all sixteen are found guilty and pay the stiff (snark) maximum fine of five hundred dollars each? Eight thousand dollars.

Cost of a six-month investigation, clerical costs, police to go round up the perpetrators, booking fees, court costs, and time spent by the police, the judges, the prosecutor and staff that could have been used on real crimes?

Priceless.

This thread brought to you by MasterCard. Don't go to strip clubs without it.

Srsly. They have nothing better to do with their time? The court systems are so underworked that this is the best use of resources? Tax coffers are so flush that they needed something to blow (snark) money on?

Gregg

Life is good
Registered
Reaction score
Six months? I wonder how many times each cop had to go back to the clubs involved to study the evidence.

Think any of them "gathered" evidence?

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
"Dammit, honey, I hate it too, but the Chief says if I don't go to the strip club tonight, I'll lose my badge." :ROFL:

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't get the point of going to a strip club when the strippers aren't allowed to strip. The law makes no sense.

ETA: Ah. According to the linked article, they're allowed to be topless, but not completely naked. Got it.

Last edited:

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
The ABC is in charge of panties? How odd.

Meanwhile, the main competitor of an old friend of mine who owns many Charlotte clubs was the one hit by the sting. Verrry interesting ;)

Such a random predicament! I'm sure glad the upstanding ABC is out to protect us from the world's evils....

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you once again government. Those poor men, throwing their money at strippers could be scarred for life if they saw her vagina. Another group saved from the evil that is the human body. :tongue

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
I don't get strip clubs anyway. It's like paying for sexual frustration.
A couple of entrepreneurs should get together and open a strip club and a brothel next to each other. Guys get drunk and... warmed up, in the strip club. Then walk out to see the sign for the brothel. It's the perfect business plan. :tongue

Status
Not open for further replies.