PDA

View Full Version : But The Horse Ate My Homework!

Wicked
06-22-2010, 09:36 PM
This morning I found my daughter's good pillowcase, along with several blankets, piled at the back door. Yesterday her and her brother were "camping" in the back yard. As I picked them up, I realized her pillowcase had a tear in it.

"Hey! How did this pillowcase get torn?"

From the other room my youngest son declares his innocence, and total denial of knowing about the incident.

At first I suspected the puppy had gotten it. Looking closer, I see that there are no teeth marks, or ragged edges that would suggest it was chewed.
The area around the oddly right angle tear is smeared with dirt. The next thing that came to mind was my oldest and his steel toed boots. Could he have ran across it, and tore it?

Shortly thereafter, my daughter came into my room.

"Mom, I didn't rip my pillowcase."

"No? Who did?"

She took a big breath, "Well . . ."

Oh yeah, there's going to be a story here.

She continues, "My brother was supposed to watch my stuff, but he came in the house."

"Uh huh." I nod skeptically, and wait for the rest.

"He was supposed to watch it, but he didn't. He just left it all outside. And then Diego came up and took my pillowcase."

"Diego ripped your pillowcase?"

"Yep."

Now, if I didn't know for a fact that her horse loved to steal things, I might have chalked it up to one of those, "but the horse ate my homework" excuses. However, Diego is well known to take off with hats, jackets, gloves, any type of food item, cups, etc.

At least now I know how it got such an odd tear. Only in this house does the horse get blamed for damaged toys.

regdog
06-22-2010, 09:45 PM
:roll:

aadams73
06-23-2010, 01:15 AM
Hahaha! Horses can be so quirky. Diego reminds me of my friend's horse, Joe. He's taken to sneaking up behind me and grabbing a mouthful of my ponytail. It's hard to extricate myself when I'm laughing so hard. :D

SWest
06-23-2010, 01:20 AM
Apparently, there are invisible squatters in our house...'cause every time I ask Sr. Esteban why there is abandoned trash, clothing or what-not lying around...he gives me the Blank Stare. Obviously, I've assumed facts not in evidence...

I find Diego refreshingly corporeal...lucky you! :D

Wicked
06-23-2010, 06:19 PM
:D

aadams- LOL My daughter's other horse, Pixie, likes to nibble her hair.

Diego is a character, and he is an absolute attention hound. He'll do anything to be the center of attention.

My daughter went out to see Pixie, and Diego muscled his way in. He thinks he's the only one who should be getting brushed and adored. :tongue
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/8915/samdiego.jpg

He was born that way. When he was little, he'd come up and get in the way when we were cleaning the barn. If you didn't stop and give him a lot of attention, he would stand on the muck fork so you couldn't move it. :roll: (The heart on his rump cracks me up. He looks like one of my daughter's My Little Pony dolls)
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/6421/diegolx5.jpg