PDA

View Full Version : Addressing agencies who say "will be read by all"

scully931
06-22-2010, 07:04 AM
Hi,

Wondering how you all address a query to an agency specifically stating on the website that your query letter will be read by all agents who might be interested.

Do you still use a name at the top? I mean, I don't want to be generic nor do I want to use a name if it's going to annoy them.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Soccer Mom
06-22-2010, 07:26 AM
Choose the agent you think is the best fit and address your query to that person. If they think someone else is a better fit and pass it on, you'll still be fine.

Ryan_Sullivan
06-22-2010, 09:20 AM
Depends. Like Donald Maass agency says to address it to him as a query to all agents. They should specify. If they don't and there is somebody you want to address it to, go for it.

shaldna
06-22-2010, 12:18 PM
Choose the agent you think is the best fit and address your query to that person. If they think someone else is a better fit and pass it on, you'll still be fine.

Just what she said.

scully931
06-27-2010, 06:17 PM
Thank you. That's what I was thinking as well. Makes it rather uncomfortable, but hey, if they don't care...

jvc
06-27-2010, 06:40 PM
Like they said above :)

Plus, gonna move this over to the 'Ask the Agent' forum for a few more opinions. You never know what might turn up.