Recent Board Reorganization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aalia_12

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Shoot me if you must, but after giving the board reorganization a couple days, I'm finding it much less user friendly (at least for me) than the old arrangement. Now all I seem to do is scroll up and down. Giving my mouse hand exercise, that's for sure. Puma

aalia_12

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
what happened to the section on scripts/films?.

I can't find the section on here for script or screenplay discussion. It seemed to disappear this week.

Deleted member 42

Shoot me if you must, but after giving the board reorganization a couple days, I'm finding it much less user friendly (at least for me) than the old arrangement. Now all I seem to do is scroll up and down. Giving my mouse hand exercise, that's for sure. Puma

There hasn't been board organization since Labor day of last year.

Have you changed your User Preferences in your CP to Threaded? Or used the Pop-up menu at the top left under Display Modes? Both will change the way threads are organized.

Might you be confused because some boards don't show up until you're registered?

Do be sure to read The Newbies Guide. It explains a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
Anybody else seeing new forums too? :scared: Where did the English Second Language forum come from...? Great idea, btw.;)

BoldSpice

All writing is telling
Registered
Reaction score
It's strange that "Basic Writing Questions" was moved into the General Writing Interest section and the "Grammar and Syntax" forum was left where it was.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Good point, BoldSpice. Largely it's because I'm not really a prescriptive grammarian, so I see Grammar and Syntax as an area of endless discussion and negotiation, more than "General Interest" -- although it IS tempting to move it to Pop Culture...

Last edited:

juniper

Always curious.
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a little confused by the subforum "freelance writing" under the forum "freelance writing." I always have to look twice to see where I really am. Maybe one of those could be changed up a little? Or maybe I'm the only confused one.

BTW, I'm a little embarrassed to see that one of my posts is now a stickie out there for the whole world to see. :e2paperba But it's nice to see that sometimes I ask a semi-intelligent question, or at least one that others might need help with too.

FennelGiraffe

It's green they say
Registered
Reaction score
Good point, BoldSpice. Largely it's because I'm not really a prescriptive grammarian, so I see Grammar and Syntax as an area of endless discussion and negotiation, more than "General Interest" -- although it IS tempting to move it to Pop Culture...

I always thought Grammar and Syntax was also supposed to be the go to place for grammar help. Lately it seems like those questions are more often being asked in Basic Writing Questions.

Deleted member 42

I always thought Grammar and Syntax was also supposed to be the go to place for grammar help. Lately it seems like those questions are more often being asked in Basic Writing Questions.

Quite a lot of them really are basic writing questions though--things that are generally part of basic writing competency in terms of high school English.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
There's going to be a good deal of overlap, either way, frankly. And since I tend to be a lumper not a splitter, If I actually had MY way, we'd maybe have about five different rooms total.

Status
Not open for further replies.