Generation Kill

MsGneiss

Registered
Reaction score
Not sure if there was a thread about this mini-series. I couldn't find one. Did anyone else think it was the epitome of awesome? I'm not generally into war movies (I fell asleep during Hurt Locker) but this miniseries rocked. I watched it three times, and I feel like I could watch it again. Absolutely amazing. Anyone else?

Captcha

Banned
Reaction score
I really enjoyed it, too. I think the characterization is what made it worth while, for me. I'm not into all the war stuff, as such, but using the war as a way to learn about the characters and appreciate their incredible bonds with each other - yes, please!

MsGneiss

Registered
Reaction score
I agree that the character development was very well done. What I appreciated was the realistic non-glorified view of modern war and modern soldiers. It gave me such an incredible perspective into what it's actually like out there. The stupidity and mismanagement from above, the lack of basic resources, the struggle to do the job and also do the right thing... it all came together in a very powerful way. Also, the acting was spectacular.

MsGneiss

Registered
Reaction score
I'm kind of peeved that nobody else chimed in to say how fantastic Generation Kill was. I was expecting a plethora of amazing reviews. You all really need to check it out. It's on par with Rome as far as pure awesomeness is concerned. Really. I'm not lying.