• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Needed For Sci-Fi 82000w(First 6 chapters)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuklear1

I Speak Dragon Naturally
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Beta needed. Prefer someone who has written sci-fi. I have actually queried this to a publisher and it was accepted. I turned them down when I discovered that they were a vanity press. Would love to be critiqued over the first six chapters and maybe the final one. I also prefer someone who is well known by the veterans here on AW. I have never betaed before, so not for sure that I could give a good critique in a swap.

May consider the full manuscript if beta and I click

Last edited:

leahzero

The colors! THE COLORS!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
words.leahraeder.com
Sci-fi is a broad genre. It would be helpful if you were more specific about the type of sci-fi (e.g. military SF, space opera, etc.).

Nuklear1

I Speak Dragon Naturally
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Not for sure. Space opera? It is unique but done in similar fashion as Star Wars, Mass Effect, Firefly, etc. It is not military.

Last edited:

Mharvey

Liker Of Happy Things
Registered
Reaction score
Not for sure. Space opera? It is unique but done in similar fashion as Star Wars, Mass Effect, Firefly, etc. It is not military.

You had me at Firefly... Star Wars and Mass Effect are both pluses.

I'll PM you my E-Mail account, feel free to fire over the first chapter.

Nuklear1

I Speak Dragon Naturally
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Thank you for the help, MHarvey. The things you pointed out to me helped me to see other areas that I needed to retool as well. You are awesome.

Mharvey

Liker Of Happy Things
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for the help, MHarvey. The things you pointed out to me helped me to see other areas that I needed to retool as well. You are awesome.

No problem at all. Best of luck with this project.

Status
Not open for further replies.