PDA

View Full Version : I just saw my neighborhood on CNN!

Elaine Margarett
06-18-2010, 11:36 PM
Oh my gosh! Just saw the whiteford/delta black bear on a CNN promo. He's been sited in our area since June third. Looks like a yearling cub that's been pushed out of the den and looking for a home of his own. Hope he has a better outcome than the last bear we had in the area. After a couple of months of crisscrossing the county someone shot him because they said he was harrassing their dog.

backslashbaby
06-18-2010, 11:50 PM
Aw! Where are you? We have a very small family of bears that live in my area, which is rare because the next closest ones are in the foothills/mountains. They show up in town sometimes and get themselves on the news :) Mostly they hang in the large tract of undisturbed woods that also backs up to my backyard!

I hope your guy stays safe!

Elaine Margarett
06-18-2010, 11:55 PM
Aw! Where are you? We have a very small family of bears that live in my area, which is rare because the next closest ones are in the foothills/mountains. They show up in town sometimes and get themselves on the news :) Mostly they hang in the large tract of undisturbed woods that also backs up to my backyard!

I hope your guy stays safe!

Northern MD, Southeastern PA along the Susquehanna River. IOW, God's Country.

Shadow_Ferret
06-18-2010, 11:59 PM
IOW, God's Country.

Technically, isn't everywhere God's Country?

backslashbaby
06-19-2010, 12:00 AM
Ah! My brother goes there all the time! His home base is Baltimore. Beautiful there, yes :)

I didn't realize y'all had bears. Cool!

Elaine Margarett
06-19-2010, 12:12 AM
Technically, isn't everywhere God's Country?

Oh my goodness, No! Oh, you mean in a literal kind of way.

EM,
who survived Iuka, MS