Not open for further replies.

alvin123

Author of Hell to Pay (Blood for S)
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alvinjatwater.com
Am I weird? XD

I notice (with some people) that rejections can tear them apart. I was just rejected by Frances Collin yesterday and I don't feel any depression, dejection, whatsoever.
I surprised myself that I took my first rejection so lightly... I think to myself, that I'm no "special|Different" from many other authors that get rejected. It didn't hurt at all. http://www.francescollin.com/

Maybe it was because the rejection was so nice, I dunno or did it feel like an automated response. Anyway, I didn't hurt one bit.

"Thank you for your query. Unfortunately we do not think the project is right for us.

We receive so many queries that it is not possible to reply in detail on an individual basis. We appreciate your writing and wish you success in your publishing career.

Cordially,
Sarah Yake, Associate Agent

Frances Collin, Literary Agent
[email protected]"

Not that I want to get used to rejection and what not; however, for the ones who faced it more than once, I am sorry D: I'll probably be joining you soon. But Hopefully I find someone out there.

Just have to keep trying. And I'd probably better revise my query. It's only one page long: because A. I believe that if it goes beyond one page its no longer a letter. And I'd hate to be the agent that sits there and have to trash a 5-page query which could've been the next best seller, only to "miss" the basket.

Anyway, that's my first rejection... Maybe I could use a little help for a first-timer and all. I did do TONS of research, and followed guides to producing queries and all. I'll post it later... maybe someone can offer a helping hand. (And yes, it's a finished, polished, editted, the works 50,000 word manuscript YA,Fantasy etc.)

Thanks for grieving with me... or if that's the right word D: Since I'm not actually grieving.

:D

Miss Plum

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Funny how that works, isn't it? You send your query letters out knowing the odds, knowing the biz is subjective, and those polite auto-rejects are little more than statistics. It's almost like a sign that you're doing things right.

Baryonyx

Registered
Reaction score
I loved my first rejection too :)

Wait until you get your first partial request though, feels great and tis a big confidence boost :)

MagicPen

Forcing myself to write
Registered
Reaction score
Didn't like mine, even though I sort of expected it...funny.

But yeah, good attitude! Keep writing, then.

PoppysInARow

Book Reviewer y'all
Registered
Reaction score
Haha. If it helps, I was actually relieved at my first rejection. It was kinda like, "Cool. I'm here. I can do this."

Welcome to the club.

bluefeline

Registered
Reaction score
You have a very positive attitude! Keep writing and never give up!
Best of luck to you!:hi:

Status
Not open for further replies.