Inception

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
The trailers look fantastic. And it's Chris Nolan... I'm really looking forward to seeing this (although it kind of looks like a cross between Matrix and Nightmare on Elm Street. LOL)

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I've loved his films since Memento... (okay, Insomnia was a little weak) If this is anything like The Dark Knight, we're in for a real treat.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Oh well, I actually liked the Prestige very much (although he did leave way too many clues for me to guess everything).

There wasn't one likable character in the lot. Maybe Michael Caine, but he's always pretty likable. So not having anyone to root for sorta ruined the whole thing for me.

Sorry. Didn't mean to derail.

I can only hope this one is as good as his Batman movies.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Count me in as being excited to see this one. I didn't care for Memento (probably not the movie's fault, I rented it minutes before the planes crashed into the towers on 9/11), but I loved everything else Nolan has done.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't know he did Memento. I liked that movie, and the Prestige. (Though I hated Dark Knight) Hopefully Inception will be worth watching. The only thing I could see that might go wrong is if they overplay the dream sequences at the expense of the story itself.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
His first film that's not an adaptation. It'll be interesting. Can't wait. This and Toy Story 3 are the only movies I've cared about all summer.

childeroland

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Inception cannot come out fast enough.

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm on board with Chris Nolan. He hasn't disappointed me at all yet. My favorite filmmaker out right now, as I'm sure I've mentioned too many times here before. Can't wait for this flick. Looks ambitious and, lo and behold, it's an original story. Dig that....

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
I'm on board with Chris Nolan. He hasn't disappointed me at all yet. My favorite filmmaker out right now, as I'm sure I've mentioned too many times here before. Can't wait for this flick. Looks ambitious and, lo and behold, it's an original story. Dig that....

I'm pretty sure you could still dig up my original thread about this, dated about two years ago, when all I had to announce about this movie after reading the first press release was Chris Nolan's new film will be Inception and stars DiCaprio.

Sold.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm a big DiCaprio fan as well as a big Nolan fan.

Enzo

Registered
Reaction score
I saw the trailer months ago and I thought - what an amazing movie. I only learned afterward that Nolan was the director. Memento is one of my all-time favorites, though his other movies mentioned in this thread were mostly so-so, not bad, but not really excellent.
I still believe Inception could be my favorite movie of the year. Last year, that 'award' went to Benjamin Button.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I have high hopes for Toy Story 3 and this, especially after the disappointment that was Iron Man 2 and A-Team.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I watched the trailer for this when I was watching the A-Team movie (which was awesome) and I was thinking, "WOW! That movie looks really cool!"

And so, I'm gonna see it with friends next week as I'm stuck with visiting my family this week.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
I watched the trailer for this when I was watching the A-Team movie (which was awesome) and I was thinking, "WOW! That movie looks really cool!"

And so, I'm gonna see it with friends next week as I'm stuck with visiting my family this week.

Release date is July 16.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
Shhh. Let the kid use his time machine in peace.

Just making sure he lands on the right day. It would suck to use up all that plutonium and then arrive a day early... ;)

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Oh son of a...I thought it said June 16th in the trailer

Ah well.

I suppose I'll spend my time throwing paper airplanes at the moose's head in my room.

dgiharris

Disgruntled Scientist
Registered
Reaction score
Not a DiCaprio fan, so I'm taking a pass.

I became a DiCaprio fan with his acting in The Departed.

In retrospect, he was always a good actor, I guess I just hated on him a little bit with Titanic. And even with that film, I have to admit that he was good in it.

So, he is on my short list of actors who I will pretty much see anything he is in.

Mel...