Status
Not open for further replies.

jbhakim

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniebrownhakim.com
Hello everyone,

I put the finishing touches on my personal website, www.jenniebrownhakim.com, a few days ago, and I have an e-book on sale within the site. (I created the book myself with Adobe InDesign.)

Now that I have accomplished my goal of creating an e-book and placing it on a website with a shopping cart, how best should I tell people about it without degenerating into obnoxity (is that even a word?) I am thinking about going to WOW! Women on Writing, which sometimes talks about blog tours.

If this one sells well, I have a few more ideas. Thanks so much!

ResearchGuy

Resident Curmudgeon
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.umbachconsulting.com
What a nifty book! Personally, just from the description, I can see it having good potential in printed form in gift shops and the like -- terrific impulse buy if the price was right. Anyway, I mentioned it, with link, on my Facebook page.

I'd suggest a press release. And contact local newspaper -- maybe write an op-ed on the theme of the e-book. Hold some "Goody Ideas" events, and invite the press/public.

--Ken

P.S. I tried ordering . . . got it in the shopping basket, entered name, address, etc., but then when pressed button to continue, just got bounced back to the page to enter name, address etc. (with what I entered now gone).

Last edited:

Smiling Ted

Ah-HA!
Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I put the finishing touches on my personal website, www.jenniebrownhakim.com, a few days ago, and I have an e-book on sale within the site. (I created the book myself with Adobe InDesign.)

Now that I have accomplished my goal of creating an e-book and placing it on a website with a shopping cart, how best should I tell people about it without degenerating into obnoxity (is that even a word?) I am thinking about going to WOW! Women on Writing, which sometimes talks about blog tours.

If this one sells well, I have a few more ideas. Thanks so much!

Have you considered formatting it with Amazon's DTP and offering it for sale at the Kindle Store?

Status
Not open for further replies.