PDA

View Full Version : Beta for fantasy novel

JRVogt
06-14-2010, 08:43 AM
Hi there. My name is Josh Vogt and I am looking for someone(s) to read through my latest fantasy manuscript. The working title is Raethe, and the summary is as follows:

When a kingdom's harmless system of shadow magic suddenly turns deadly, a ceremonial warrior, a theatrical apprentice and a prostitute become unlikely linchpins of hope in helping the kingdom survive the ensuing chaos.

It fluctuates between 90-100k wordcount, depending on what revision pass I'm on. Not YA, just to clarify that. I certainly am open to beta exchanges. I'm looking for overall advice/insight regarding any aspect of the story that could use improvement. Plot, character, pacing, tension, etc.

Authors I love: Brandon Sanderson, Jim Butcher, Joe Abercrombie, Steven Erikson, Robert Jordan, T.A. Pratt, Terry Pratchett, Steven Brust, Kay Kenyon...and the list goes on.

Solivagant
06-15-2010, 03:03 AM
I'd be willing to take a look at the first 20 to 50 pages or so and see if it clicks with me. Then if we're a good fit I could go through the rest. I like a lot of the authors so we have similar taste.

I'm not one to copy edit, but I have worked as a first reader for a number of publications so i'd be glad to give you some general thoughts.

Feel free to send me a PM.