I received my first rejection today and I'm ready for more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solivagant

procrastinatus
Registered
Reaction score
Website
zrobertmurray.blogspot.com
Ready for more submissions that is, not rejections.

I sent a micro-fiction piece to strange horizons and at sixty days today I got a form rejection. I can't say I'm surprised. It was a micro-fiction story that came in at under two hundred words. I wrote it in third person present, so it was definitely a strange little story. Again, not something I truly expected to be accepted.

This is a good thing though. Had It been accepted I would have been overjoyed, but I had submitted it more to show myself I could do it then anything else.

I've sent out several other submissions as I waited for the response for this one, much better ones in my opinion, and when I finally get that acceptance letter I'll know it'll be all the sweater!

Last edited:

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's nice to know you don't consider that first rejection a crushing blow but are ready to submit more work. Way to be!

Maryn, shaking your hand

ILSinTexas

requiescat in pace
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I hope you've been writing a long time. Because, that's what it takes to be published.

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
My first acceptance was all the sweater, too. Red lamb's wool with crystal bugle beads at the collar and cuffs. ;)

But seriously. Keep all the rejections for that big bonfire you'll host at the height of your career.

Mystic Blossom

My heart's a battleground
Registered
Reaction score
Website
rachellieberman.wordpress.com
Write, write, write. Submit, submit, submit. I must have gotten at least a hundred rejections over a period of five years before the first acceptance came, and man was it sweet. Keep at it. And keep up that attitude. It'll serve you very, very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.